• Santa is real

Yeah off course, according to me there is no harm is telling kids that Santa is real. Basically children are strongly bonded with unrealistic fantasies that help them in many ways to create a world of theirs' which is totally linked up to their imaginary thoughts and imagination. These unrealistic imaginations help them to dream about things which are totally beyond the level of possibilities and enriches deep faith in them of respectful moral values from childhood itself.
    Growing with all these, models of beliefs, hopes and visions are inculcated in a child.

• It's a lie, that serves fodder and the reason for disbelief

I've been forced to get stocking presents my whole life and be lied too. It looks like that will be the way till the children in my house move out. I won't lie to my children about any fictional character. It's PATHETIC. Its makes the child stupid and unintelligent. It is also embarrassing in front of their friends. It is also punishing the child for the doing the right thing and believing in a lie for presents. It's not fair. Children that weren't lied to are lucky.

• No... But is becomes immoral depends on how or if it is told

It is not moral to lie about this thing. If you tell your children the lie in a immoral way, then you are punishing innocent children. Because they have to do the right thing and stop believing in it and be punished by not getting unpunished.

It makes you feel unnormal and can cause himulation in front of school friends. However how bad it is, depends on how it is done.

• Seeing is Believing

I believe that a child should not be lied to about anything. A child should always have the truth told to them no matter how big or small. In my home God is a number 1 priority. As a child, yes I was taught to believe in such things but as I got older I realized how much of a let-down it was to learn that they weren't really true things. When my brother was born my step-mom didn't give him the chance to believe. She said "When he grows up and finds out that they really aren't real then there is a huge possibility that he wouldn't believe in God." Because the whole thing seeing is believing in this case. That was what made my whole perspective change about this.

• Santa Makes Me Uncomfotable

I have never directly told my own child that Santa was real, nor did I tell him that Santa was not real. My son assumed Santa was real because of other children, advertising, and the public school system. I do not believe it is a good idea to tell children that things like Santa Claus are real.

• No, they'll eventually find out and lose trust in us

Not only that, but they may even think it's okay to lie and might get in a habit of doing so. There's much more to Christmas than Santa Claus anyways, I personally don't have kids myself but if I did, for Christmas I think I would just give them a surprise present in their stockings to replace Santa.

• We should not lie.

Telling children that Santa Claus is real is, in a way, immoral. We are lying to them and telling them them that magic is real. Why do we make children behave by telling them that they will get presents? That just teaches them that they need to be good only if they get rewarded. They need to be taught to be good because it's the right thing to do. Another reason - this is only for the religious people - is that Santa and presents are ignoring the true meaning of Christmas. That too is not right.

• It's a lie.

I don't think children should be lied to about Santa. He's not real. The sooner a child knows this the sooner he or she can form a better and more correct understanding of the world they exist in. When they find out their parents have been lying to them about one of their fundamental beliefs, what's keeping them from disbelieving everything else their parents say?