Should we try stopping all those factory farms that are being cruel to animals?

Asked by: Tylermack
  • Animal Cruelty is CRUEL. Are u with me to stop it?

Here are some facts about animal cruelty with factory farms..
    A factory farm is a large-scale industrial operation that houses thousands of animals raised for food"such as chickens, turkeys, cows, and pigs"and treats them with hormones and antibiotics to prevent disease and maximize their growth and food output.
    Animals are fed and sprayed with huge amounts of pesticides and antibiotics, which can remain in their bodies and are passed on to the people who eat them, creating serious health hazards in humans.
    The beaks of chickens, turkeys and ducks are often removed in factory farms to reduce the excessive feather pecking and cannibalism seen among stressed, overcrowded birds.
    A typical supermarket chicken today contains more than twice the fat, and about a third less protein than 40 years ago.
    2 out of every 3 farm animals in the world are now factory farmed.
    Confining so many animals in one place produces much more waste than the surrounding land can handle. As a result, factory farms are associated with various environmental hazards, such as water, land and air pollution.
    The pollution from animal waste causes respiratory problems, skin infections, nausea, depression and even death for people who live near factory farms.
    Dairy cows typically live to their third lactation before being culled. Naturally, a cow can live for 20 years.
    Hog, chicken and cattle waste has polluted 35,000 miles of rivers in 22 states and contaminated groundwater in 17 states.
    Egg-laying hens are sometimes starved for up to 14 days, exposed to changing light patterns and given no water in order to shock their bodies into molting, a usually natural process by which worn feathers are replaced. It"s common for 5-10% of hens to die during the forced molting process.
    Worldwide, about 70 billion farm animals are now reared for food each year.
    Go Watch this sicking video on how animals that are FACTORY FARMED are slaughtered INHUMANLY, ALIVE, and how they are treated.

We need to stop all this horrible sicking crap.
    Lets try and get this to the President or the USDA and try and put an end to all factory farms and put losers doing this in Prison for life for taking all these life's.
    God did not make animals to be treated like this or to live such a HORRIBLE SHORT life.
    These Animals do not have a way to help themselves. They are helpless of themselves
    and there whole life is suffering.
    If u wouldn't want this, then why the hell put them through it.
    Animals are people to and they have FEELINGS, they are SENSITIVE, and as bad as they wish all the misery can be taken away, the MOST they can do is SUFFER IN SILENCE.
    PLEASE, help me and lets all come together to stop this crap.
    Are u With me?
    This is the LEAST we can do..
    Thank you to u all who are with me and God Bless U All!

• Please include animals in the definition of murder. Are you with me?

This is not right. I personally can't take this animal cruelty anymore. It has driven me mad. I think about it all day and all night. Its all I ever think about. I put myself in their shoes over an over again in my mind. I can't even imagine. It's horrific! It's disgusting. If humans do this to other humans it's considered mass murder. This is also mass murder. How can you justify it not to be. Could you imagine if we had human factory farms. Well you could imagine them the same way. These animals have cfemotions, feelings & nerves just like humans. Animals are people in a different form. God did not put animals on this earth for us to turture, kill & eat. I don't believe it for a minute. He would never do that. It makes absolutely no sense. He loves all his creatures as so should we. We were to live on this earth together in peace & harmony. We are intended to eat plants, fruits and vegetables. Do the research. Please put a stop to this. I feel there pain every second of the day. Its called empathy. Empathize with these animals. Are you with me?

• No, to factory farming

We have no right to inflict on any animal the abuse and cruelty that factory farming involves, There is no area in this practice that dose not cause cruelty, stress, and pain ,All these creatures feel the same emotions feelings and pain as the human animal, Factory farming has to end ,

• All farms should be stopped

All factory farms should be stopped, its cruel and inhuman thing!!!! People should be placed in a cage and their skin should be ripped off, so in that way people will feel and know what does it mean to be cagged and tortured for what? Money? Does it worth? I dont think so.

Posted by: Dija
  • Factory Farming relies on secrecy to perpetrate cruelty not supported by the public.

Factory farms and CAFOs (Confined Animal Feeding Operations) can only do what they do by being hidden from public view. This is why industrial agriculture wants Ag-Gag laws, which when/if passed, shut down reporting of systemic animal abuse by forcing investigators to turn over evidence within 24 hours of documenting abuse. Ag-Gag backers understand investigators collect evidence of abusive over extended periods of time in order to overcome the "one time incident" defense used by animal abusers. Factoring farms rely on the pubic not seeing and knowing what they routinely do in those facilities - because when the public sees the cruel treatment of animals confined in those places - they withdraw their support/stop buying their products. Cruelty thrives in secrecy, and secrecy is key to factory farming's uber efficient, deeply flawed method of bringing cheap meat to market.

• The problem is not the farms

The problem is the huge human population.
    Fewer people = fewer mouths to feed = fewer weird and gross methods to create enough food.

As long as people insist on making many many many people,
    free range farms will not be possible.
    Vegetarianism is not the answer either.
    The meat teeth sit in your head and you did not put them there.

• It is immoral.

This not only harms the animals. It harms the consumer as well as psychologically damaging the human being cruel to the animals. The consumer eats lower quality food. There is no ethical justification for the cruelty of animals. Animals for consumption can be grown and killed in a humane way. Humane treatment of animals is well worth a rise in food prices. I suppose the government can help out the very poor.

• This question should offer only one possible answer.

If we're operating under the assumption (which we are) that this animal cruelty is a given, and it is occurring beyond any reasonable doubt, then there exists no excuse for anyone to click on that "NO" button. Acknowledging cruelty but refusing to fight against it, regardless of the perpetrator/victim, is the mark of a coward. You don't need to be pro-animal rights to be against animal maltreatment. Unnecessary brutality is never justified, and all that's required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

• Economics Reason, Productivity

If they're going "not to be cruel" to animals, of course the productivity will drop.
    For the example like the number off meat that can be produced a day will drop.
    What i think is like this: Humans>>Animal
    so, before you treat animal good, you should treat human far better

Many people in Africa still starved.
    That means, the food chain in this world isn't good enough to fill all humans

About they're making hazards to humans, it all depends of the humans who ate it
    for example, if you're eating KFC every day.. Of course they'll make you sick
    it's all about the humans, can they control their desire to eat KFC everyday

PS: if there's no hunger again in this world, of course i will answer YES

AnonyFeline says2013-08-17T08:35:33.497
It would be quite difficult, unrealistic, and maybe even impossible to simply halt production and stop the current industry practices. It's up to consumer educatin and maybe even government intervention to ensure the ethical treatment of animals in the food industry.