• Helping the Less Fortunate

As a global community, countries that have more goods, power, and money should feel morally obligated to assist those less fortunate than them as long as the countries that are in need of aide make proper use of those goods and not use them on war or genocide. This aide will bring the world closer together.

• It Would Be The Right Thing to Do

Yes, wealthy countries should help poor countries. There are many areas where people do not have homes, food, or clean water. Many people struggle every day just to get by. There is no reason why wealthier countries could not help these poorer countries. By pooling extra resources and systematically targeting specific areas, they could help people to become educated and self-sufficient with the proper tools, training and supplies.

• Yes, if your own country isn't without, helping poorer countries should be a priority

Provided their own people are taken care of, yes I do think wealthier countries should find ways to help poor ones. It wouldn’t be very “American” to do nothing, not when your own country is in decent shape, to let others go without. However, I do believe a country should always look out for their own and keep their own people as a top priority, but there are always ways to help the less wealthy, and when you’re country isn’t lacking, which I’m not sure if any country isn’t in a lacking shape these days, helping others should be a priority. However, on the other hand, a lot of money that's supposed to aid in helping the poor, mysteriously ends up "missing" and ends up supporting corrupt governments, so I believe in stricter regulations for charities, but I do believe in helping where help is needed, provided your own are taken care of. I happen to think there are many wonderful ways to help the poorer countries though, such as helping them open trade-barriers, so that poor countries can begin selling their own goods. Helping them get on their feet, not controlling them by "giving."

• Wealthy countries should help poor countries.

Wealthy countries should help poor countries. Often wealthy countries only do this when they have something to gain, but wealthy countries should help poor countries even when this isn't the case. Poorer countries often experience political instability and are home to suffering people. If a country that is wealthy can help suffering people then they should.

• No this can cause international issues

I don't think wealthy countries should be helping poor countries that much. If the country is wealthy they likely worked hard for it and should be able to enjoy their wealth. If they are always helping poor countries then the poor country has no motivation to change their ways and work towards wealth.

Research this topic: United States