Should websites that deny the Holocaust be banned?

• Freedom of Speech is Absolute

Freedom of speech should not be hindered. No matter how despicable a thought or theory is, the foundations of the United States is meant to allow for unpopular opinions to exist. The movement towards speech code threatens to rattle the foundations of the first amendment. In many countries, it is a crime to deny the holocaust, and I think that is deplorable. In order to keep speech free, we must take the bad with the good.

Posted by: pdrm
  • No

No, websites that deny the Holocaust should not be banned. While they are providing false information, most of the internet does this anyway so they really aren't doing that much damage.

Most of the people who utilize these websites are religious extremists who believe fervently that the Holocaust did not happen despite all of the evidence that exists. People who study history know the information presented on deniers' sites is false and won't seek the sites out.

When it comes to regulating the internet, it would be better to concentrate on things that really matter like child pornography and sex trafficking.

• No, I do not believe so!

People have the right to choose if they want more information concerning the Holocaust or anything. If a website does not want to show the Holocaust, then it is there right. This falls under the first amendment concerning freedom of press. If a person wants this type of information, then they can type into Google and find the website they are searching for!

• No Freedom of Speech is Still in Effect

I do not think that websites that deny the Holocaust should be banned. Although I personally think that they are crazy, they are still entitled to freedom of speech. The people reading these websites have freewill to read or not read and to believe or not believe it's contents. I disagree with their opinion but will fight for their right to speak it.