• We should have onger weekends

Because school is so boring
    Ng and you do the same subject over and over and over again it's so annoying I hope the school can shut down for a 4 day weekend so the kids can be happy forever and ever and ever so 4 day weekend everyone yay

• We have 5 days of school and 2 days of weekend, that is not enough.

I think we should have longer weekends because my brother barely gets enough rest from school, he is a grade 12 student, he has been stressing a lot lately. He says he doesn't even look forward to weekends anymore because most of the times, all he has to do is work and study for exams, this is affecting my dad too, its hard for parents to see their children studying so hard and not spending time with them, if a student is in grade 12, they are going to leave to college soon and not see their family for maybe a long time, school is wasting their time to spend time with their family. More days of the weekend would help them have more free time, sleep time and study time. If the students don't enjoy getting taught, that is the school's fault. We want to make school a happy place rather than a prison, we want students to enjoy going to school, there has to be a time where students can just enjoy their life without thinking about anything else. I think everyone deserves more weekends.

• Yes, most definiteley

It can be a huge struggle for lots of children and adults. I had serious mental issues I'm still recovering from. I would get serious anxiety attacks just thinking about school and the work that was being piled on top of me. Weekends give time to relax your mind and be ready for the week. I became depressed because of school work. I didn't want to live at the age of twelve because I didn't want to have to deal with my anxiety so I attempted to commit suicide. I stopped because I had hope that it could get better. Not every student is given hope like I was. Weekends are very important. Maybe if they were just one day longer. They could make a difference.

• Weekends should be longer.

For students that are overwhelmed with school, it can be tough. There are plenty of children with thoughts of suicide because they don't want to go to school any more because of school work . I even had these thoughts before, but not everybody has as much support as me.

• We need longer weekends

The state of Utah conducted a research project where they dispersed Friday's working hours throughout the weekdays of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. In the first ten months, the saved 1.8 million US dollars in energy costs, meaning less air conditionning, computer use, etc They also saved 12 000 tons of CO2, saving a considerable portion of the environment.

Https://theconversation.Com/how-three-day-weekends-can-help-save-the-world-and-us-too-64503

• We need more,

Did you know that you spend 200 or more days a year doing school? Thats only 165 free days! That may fine to other people, but when your a person in high school you dont realise what they actually go through.
    I was nearly in fact pushed to the verge of suicide, and that is not good. Not good for children, or anybody

• Yes cause im a savage

We all know im a savage and i say yes weekends should be longer cause that would be so savage yo get what i mean but i get what all other people are saying no its because they know their not savages so they have to be mean and thats not cool BTW IM A SAVAGE AND IM AWESOME

• Yes we should

Yes yes and yes because it gives us a break from school and it lets us have more time to sleep and it lets us watch tv and it lets us go to the mall and many many other things that's the only reason why I think we should have a longer weekend

• Yes we should

According to a small study published in the journal Stress and Health in 2011, employees who took four- to five-day vacations experienced improvements in their health and well-being.
    A study published in the medical journal the Lancet found that workers who put in 55 hours of work per week or more have a 33 percent greater risk of stroke and a 13 percent greater risk of heart disease than those who work a standard 40-hour week.
    Students learn better if they have 4 day school weeks because two states have proven that elementary students have gotten higher math grades than the students who came to school 5 days a week.
    Elementary school children who participated in a shortened four-day school week program scored significantly higher in their studies than those who went to school five days a week, in the opinion of a study conducted by Georgia State and Montana State Universities and published in the journal Education.
    Also, there is a saying that true life should not be in the years we lived, but more on the moments we enjoyed it in. Nowadays, at least 1-3 members of each family living on this planet go to work or even work from home. This prevents us from sitting together and enjoying special occasions.

• Yes we should

• When there is only 4 days of school,

Teachers cannot teach the concept properly, which means the children won’t be able understand it properly so they will have to make more school hours which will lead to less tome for extra-curricular activities, like who would like to come to school at seven and go home at five, I wouldn't’t like that and also this means we have less time to spend with our families which is not good for our future life either.

• We aren't Kids. Grow up.

To a kid, longer weekends sound amazing, no perceivable negative consequences. But to adults, we need to work to make money. I wish I could work more hours just to make some extra cash honestly. Also imagine how much productivity would go down. Businesses would be closed more, less time for innovation and productivity. Everything would suffer including the economy. Grow up. Be realistic. People who want more weekends sound like 9 year olds. Maybe if we lived in a perfect world where money wasn't as issue and we could have all the free time in the world and rainbows and butterflies and unicorns. But this is the real world. Where you gotta put in your big boy pants and suffer through the week to make a living. If you have the fortune to be very very wealthy than you can get a job where you work on your own hours. But a functional society needs to be producing, creating, innovating, working, etc. and two days is plenty enough time for rejuvenation. Anyone who can't feel relaxed in two days should seek some psychological help.

• More work needed if less school days

People may say we need to get things done, even if taking off is nice. While the people in US work too much, and people might need more time to finish things but it is important to get things done. I can understand why it seems nice to have a longer weekend, but that would not make us have less amount of work that we have to do. It would just make us have more work to do. We would have more work to do because if there was less work days then they have to fit in the same amount of work in less days. If that happens people may ask for another weekend day to be able to do the work but then there would be more weekend work. So that is why I thing we should not have three day weekends and that.

• No, We Need to Get Things Done, Even if Taking Off is Nice

While as a nation the US may work too much, and we may need more vacation time and shorter workdays, it is important to continue to get things done and work is an important social contribution. I can understand why it seems nice to have a longer weekend, but that would not reduce the amount of work that needs to be done, and would probably just result in a longer workday during the remaining workweek or more required overtime and weekend work.

• We have too long weekends!

Weekends do help with stress and kids do need to rest but the kids will miss out on learning and they will fall behind . Learning will also help your kids in the future and your kids will get an educated and happy life .

From the person who believes we have enough weekends

• No it shouln't

Because if the weekend was longer teachers would have a harder time getting students and themselves back on track especially the elementary. Also the government says we need 185 days of school so if we had longer weekends we would have a shorter summer:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Lol I'm a dog

More bones bones. Bonesbonesbones bones bones l o o o o o o o o o o o o o. O o o o o o o of o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o of. Love o o of o o o l

• No No No

Human has worked 7 days a week. To the twentieth century 6 days. There neveer have been complainments. Wake up! Longest Weekend in history. Stop complaining. Prehistory - work every day - hunting animals. Later robot, responsibilities - 6 days.
    Today - work in an office in front of a computer. Very very BAD. Weekends longer? More of the very, very, BAD computer!

• Plenty of time to do homework

Some kids play sports and I get that but quite a lot don't and even with sports over half the team get their homework turned in, but the others use busy weekend full of sports when they had plenty of time just chose not to do it then when everyone else is doing it

• We should have longer weekends

Sure adults need to work to get money and pay bills, get groceries, ect. But every one needs a longer time to relax once in a while. Kids cant be trapped in school all week just so adults can go to work... I mean come on. We do learn in school but life is probably a better way to learn about how to grow up and get a job. Everyone needs a time to relax, exercise, and feel free. You also will have time to do things you never got to do as a kid. You will get time to spend with family... And most important, the persone you love the most.