• Compromising is compromising

Should whistle blowers be punished? Obviously yes. Dedicating your work to the government is promising that you will follow all their rules and policies. You will always disagree with something, but you have chosen to work for the government. If you have information to save lives then share it, but not all government policies will eliminate millions of lives. Then there wouldn't be a government at all and that information will be shared within a heartbeat. If you don't punish people who broke the policy which they promised to keep, then many people will become whistle blowers and there wouldn't be any point in having government policies at all. Everyone has a freedom of speech, but there are other polices you must follow as well when working with the government.

• Absolutely 100% YES

Here is the problem! You have one legitimate claim. All of a sudden every scum on the planet including attorney's jump at the chance to screw somome else out of their hard earned money. You think this person over here that job hops and has lived off the govt half of their life has earned anything? Imagine how many good we could all have it, if everyone spent as much time working as they did trying to get out of working! Punish those people that seek to lie, cheat and steal from the actual tax payers!

• Yes of course

Whistle blowers like Edward Snowden are filthy traitors. They got us scared for no reason, the government is trying to protect us from terrorist attacks and other miserable things like suicide and killings. Why should we be scared that they are going through our phones unless we aren't innocent why should we be scared. I don't run away when i see a cop because i have nothing to hide i didn't do anything why run from a cop for no reason.

• Edward Snowden is a traitor

Edward Snowden is a traitor he told everyone the governments secrets and we didn't have to know that info. Why be scared if we didn't do anything if i see a cop i don't run away unless i did something bad. He also ran to Russia and told all of our secrets to stupid Putin.

• Hi my nsg

Not by definition

Should Edward Snowden be punished? Absolutely, he's a traitor that wanted to feel like god, not somebody trying to help the country. Should all whistleblowers be punished, telling the country that it's never okay to reveal something problematic? No, absolutely not, we do need to keep our leaders honest to some extent. It's a case by case basis if they should be punished or not, motive, outcome.

• Come on people...

I personally would risk everything i have it meant that i could potentially save thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of lives or protect our rights! If i knew something that violates our rights as Americans, i would definitely voice my beliefs and face the government head on. We have the freedom of speech and the right to privacy. That can be debated, but we have our rights and we should not have to worry about the government going behind our backs and violating our rights! We have our rights and the government should respect and obey our rights. Yes, tracking our phones messages and emails etc can prevent terrorist attacks, but the fact that they are watching me right now proves my point. Am i a terrorist? No. Should i have every single word recorded and stored away? No. They should only be able to view our personal privacy if they suspect me of something.

• No, they should not.

As long as an agreement was set up in advanced for them not to disclose information, they should not be punished for leaking information that discredits a company. It's the companies fault for doing terrible things in the first place and not covering up their tracks well enough for someone not to find and expose them.

• Not by definition

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe whistle blowers should be punished. As Edward Snowden put it, he was simply giving Americans their own information. Our government shouldn't be hiding the programs he told everyone about. When we have cases like this I think it is absolutely unfair to punish people. He saw something he viewed as wrong and people should have the right to know about it.

• No,they should not

Why would you punish someone for exposing the wrong doers of others? I think they should get a pat on the back,rather than be punished. If you stop people from turning on the wrong, how will you ever allow people to come forward? I for one am all for the people on this one.

• No, not at all.

Whistleblowers should be more celebrated than they are punished, but this is the cut throat nature of the corporate world. It's almost like the street; if you rat, you are pretty much dead - metaphorically speaking, of course. But the heat whistleblowers get is absolutely out of control and just insane.