• Yes, why should men take all the emotional risks in dating?

I don't see anything wrong with a woman asking a man out for a date. As a woman, I think we (women) get too comfortable with being able to accept/decline. There's no risk in that. On the other hand, the poor man is risking rejection against acceptance at a rate of 50-50. It simply isn't fair from an emotional stand point. So we women should take some of the risks and ask the guys, giving them a chance to say no.

• Im a shy guy.

I love it when women ask me out first because then I get a chance of saying yes or no and don't risk rejection. For shy men like me the society rule that men approach first all the times is stupid, since we still have to get active (even though that "being active" characteristic is not given in the personality of shy guys like me). On the contrary, a shy woman can remain shy and does never risk anything and still get men. As a shy guy, I also want to be in that position. I hate that society expects men to be the strong ones. I am a softie, partially think like a woman and am emotionally weak like a woman (though I am not gay). I do not want to "fake" my personality and cheat myself to be someone I am notjust because society standards try to pressure me into that.

• Yes I agree

Woman are still bondage because of such, I say woman should see themselves as equals to men. Woman should break the tradition n go out for whom they want, I believe guys will be motivated to be with then. Woman power. A.K.A Feminism; be independent, guys fear challenge. Peace out

• Yes I agree

• Yes they should.

It is not the old days anymore, if a woman really likes a man why not ask him out? There is no reason to beat around the bush and wait for a man that might be shy or uneasy to ask you out. It could end up turning into a really great thing.

• Tradition is made to be broken.

It is ridiculous that people still hold on to such petty gender roles. Women should not have it so easy, they don't even want it so easy, if they can be aggressive and join the work force in such large growth rates why can't they ask a guy on a date.

• Why is this up for debate?

It's 2013 for crying out loud! Women can do whatever they want. In fact, I think this should be more encouraged. Girls should feel confident enough to ask out a guy if she really wants to. If she feels as though she needs to wait for a man then she might be waiting for a long time. You have to go out there and get what you want if you really want it

• Of course they should.

There's nothing wrong with women asking a man out on a date and asking for his home or cellular phone number. Women have a higher chance of picking the right guy instead of the wrong guy picking her. If women are serious about relationships then she should do the pursing and approaching. These dating shows on tv got women choosing and selecting who they want to be with on a date or start a relationship with but in reality they can't go and approach a man.

• Life is Short (and its 2013)

Women can, should and do ask men out; this is not the 1950's. To even contemplate a "woooo, should she or shouldn't she" is offensive and disrespectful to women. Women today are strong, empowered, bold and confident. She must go for what she wants and not feel stigmatized for doing so. To think of a woman, or even a man, staring at the phone "hoping" that person calls is just silly. Maybe you'll have a lovely time or maybe he is "busy"...Either way, you took charge and you move on instead of living in wishful thinking land...

• Sure

Leave the MRA stuff at the door and look at this as only a question of if they should have the option, and of course they should. If a woman wants to ask somebody out and is tired of waiting or doesn't think a request is coming from the other side, if she wants to ask then God help whoever is offended by that in 2013.

• You can't change a man's mind

A man can make a woman fall in love with him but a woman can never make a man fall in love with her. A man either likes a woman or he doesn't. If he does, he'll ask her out. If he doesn't like her he won't ask her out. Every man (single, married, divorced) I have asked about this topic is of this opinion. They have also confirmed that there is no such thing as a shy man when it comes to asking out the woman of their dreams.

• No moral obligation.

If a woman wants to ask a man out, she is surely free to do so. The word should implies a moral obligation, however, and there is no moral obligation for a woman to ask a man out. My beliefs regarding gender and personal identity dictate that it is a man's obligation to ask a woman out.

Anonymous says2013-04-19T01:57:33.217
Very interesting poll albeit such a small sampling, but maybe times have changed and men can be the prize. Poor Anonymous,Dinglepuss2 and DolphinArtist67 had better brace themselves for a LOT of insults and ridicule for saying what they did!