• Strive for equality.

It is hard enough as it is in society being a female. But when we get denied our right to fight for our country and lay down our life to protect it, that's when the line gets drawn. Woman can work up to being strong enough for the military. They can become as strong as they need to be. They just aren't given natural extra strength like men. However it is NOT impossible for a woman to be stronger, faster or better than a man at any physical attribute. There are certain physical and mental tests that are required to be accepted into the military, the same for both male and female. But if a woman passes the test, she should not be denied any right in the military, (or out of it). Besides most of the fighting now days isn't even up close and super dependent on strength. A lot of it is with modern warfare.

If you take away a woman's right to lay down her life for her country which we have for not even 100 years, and there were heavy restrictions. Will a woman's right to vote also be cast away?

• Strive for equality.

• Strive for equality.

• Strive for equality.

• Women should be in combat.

Women is as tough as men. They can do what a man can do, and if that is going into combat then yea. Women can fight, shoot, run, work hard, and win for this country like the men of this country. Women been in combat for a long time but now we as women are actually in combat then helping the men out with injuries. Women can go into combat, just like a man.

• Yes, women should be allowed to fight if they have the physical and mental fortitude.

I understand that some women may not be fit for the military, but this can also be said of men. We shouldn't prevent women from serving their country if they want to. Women have actually played an active part in every single war, we just didn't give them credit for it. Let go of your sexist attitudes that men are just superior in every way. It's the twenty-first century. Get a grip.

• Yes they should be able to serve.

A woman should be able to serve her country and not have restrictions. A women should be allowed to perform a combat job with the military as long as she can prove herself to do it and can pass all the tests required for the job. A persons gender should not limit the amazing things they can do.

• Yes they should be able to serve.

• Yes they should

They are an essential part to the military there are scientific studies that proof a women mind i s sharper than a mans and that is exactly what the military needs not some hot headed men think there always better than what ever female come up to in the military

• Only if they are strong enough

If the individual is strong enough to be in combat, there is no reason why they shouldn't. I know that the average man is stronger than the average woman but as long as there are no different standards (no "men's and women's standards") and the required amount of press ups/sit ups is the same REGARDLESS OF GENDER, and the person can meet the requirements, then they should be able to do it.

I'm not saying all women are suitable for combat. Not all men are suitable for combat either. But it should be whoever is strong enough to fit the role and if there are a larger percentage of males than females then so be it, but if a woman is strong enough I don't see why we should stop her.

Posted by: Cub
  • Women are not equal to men

I am 14 and in my school there is not a single woman that can match my strength or speed. I have never met a woman stronger than my dad, my coaches or any other man that I have met. The top 10 in my school for strength and speed are all male. If women want to be in combat they should have to do all of the things men do during basic training. They shouldn't be allowed to skip any physical drills because they are female. Women do have more common sense, but when it comes to strength men are way stronger.

• Femeinist ew ew

If 2 soldiers are injured in combat 1 is woman 1 is male could the women say she'll do something with him if he saves her or say take me. The male sometimes always puts the woman first. I hate how men have fought for thousands of war and all of the sudden woman want to fight.

• They don't have the ability

They don't have a good ability to be strong in the army and they can't reach the strong ness to know what to do in the war. They wouldn't know how to take or defend themselves if they were taken captive. I just think it is meant for men but if they want to do it they can. It's out of my hands. People have their right and I can't stop them from reaching there dream in life. We all have opinions

• Women are equal but...

Women should not be in military combat because that would cause problems with males alongside them. If a guy gets shot then people will get the medic to help him, however if a girl gets shot men will act irrationally towards that situation. Men are also in their "prime" throughout the average military age if you get what I mean.

• No like omg!

No wayyyyyy ('.') nooooooooooooo noooooo non non non non nononono non non nono n onon nonon n on n non on n no non no n non on non non non on no non n on no non on on on on on non o non on on no on non

• Asdf asdf asdf

Asdf sdf dfs dfs fds df dfs fd dfs f dfs dfs fds fd fd dfs dfs dfs dfs dfs dfs fds dfs fds dfs dfs df fd fds fds d dfs dfs dfs df fd s fd dfs dfs fds dfs dfs dfs fd fd fd fd fds fds fds

• Asdf asdf asdf

• Yes, Alan R.

Yes, women should be allowed in combat, because there are a number of things that they can do just as well as the men. For example, there is no reason that a woman cannot fly a plane in a combat situation. A woman should be fully informed of the risks, and it should be her choice. Its her own risk and she would be able to die in combat for her country, so I see no point on not allowing them.

• My fluent arguments appear below.

The lack of imagination is that "policy" should need to be made for an entire sex. But I look at how the military actually functions in 2015. It is professional and, in the U.S., all-volunteer. No crisis threatens our immediate survival as a country, at least imminently, so the exceptions that might apply in that case do not apply now. So why not show our love and gratitude towards women by releasing them from this duty by a blanket ban? It is too simple, yes, but the percentage of women who can succeed as combat operators and remain feminine and reasonably integrated with world society is infinitesimal -- I would estimate 1 in 2500, not more. That is not enough to warrant throwing open the floodgates.

• Asdf no way

Asdfasdfasdf aefwe werwer awerasdf asdf nono no no no no no no no

Chivalry tradition sanity goodness nno no no no how awful affront to human dignity violation of every healthy instinct in the world. Enough for ya? Besides which, that a few can doesn't mean we should allow them to put themselves in harm's way. Madness.