• Breasts are a part of anatomy.

People, they are anatomy. They are for children. And don't tell me it's the woman's fault, because many women don't, and men are more responsible for sexualizing a harmless feature. Do we make cows wear shirts? Or female dogs? Nope, their breasts are just there. So why should females be any different?

• Why not?

Many argue that breasts are sexual by nature but that is just how our society has made them. What is usually illegal is the nipple yet men have nipples and they don't need to cover up. What about the men with large breasts themselves? It truly is a double standard and if enough women want it why shouldn't we allow it? No one is going to be harmed by it and if they don't like it they can just not look.

• Liberty is for everyone.

Liberty is allowing others to make decisions for themselves as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If you find something offensive then avoid it but you don't have the right to tell others how to live their lives. Women should be able to go topless if they so choose to. It doesn't hurt anyone and if you find it offensive then don't look.

• Equal rights

Women deserve the same freedoms as men. It will be a thrill at first but the excitement will fade very fast as society becomes liberated. Women get the same thrill about a good looking man topless as a man does to a topless women. Women should not try to shame others into being ashamed and hiding their breasts.

• Yes! What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

Modesty laws oppress women by jailing them for a religious dress code violation, which violates our Constitution's First Amendment Right of church-state separation. Laws against "indecent exposure" further jail and stigmatize nudists as sex offenders, for the same reason and with the added excuse of "think of the children," a common excuse for censorship and propaganda. Children are unique individuals with minds of their own and not innocent blank slates, subject to bad influences. They also need sex education, for public health, which requires media honesty about the human body. Breasts are for feeding babies, something children need, so mothers should be allowed to breastfeed them publicly, as needed, since stress can affect the babies' mental health. That's thinking of the children!

• Yes they should

The reason women should be allowed to go topless is they should have the same freedom as men. There should not be anything against that because the more there is something against that then we are depriving women of there freedom so vote yes for that cause women are people too

• If we stop letting breasts being considered as explicit, they'll stop being treated as such.

I don't mean I want women to be able to go walking into shops with their breasts out. I just think wherever it is ok for men to go topless, women should be given the same right without there being a song and dance about it. It's so refreshing going to a beach in Greece or some parts of Spain where women can go topless without it being any sort of a deal. It's not done to show off, cause offense or provide eye-candy for on lookers - it's just the norm. Personally I find it ridiculously that covers for magazines such as nuts can feature two girls in lingerie provocatively licking each other without there being any complaints and yet people make a fuss when a woman dares to reveal something so inoffensive as a nipple to catch a few rays.

• Women should be allowed to go topless.

Why should men only be allowed to go topless in public? It's completely sexist. The human body is nothing to be ashamed of, and a male topless is just as arousing as a female topless to the passer by. The human body is just a body, why can men have this privilege but not woman?

• Yes, in all places were men can go without a shirt women should be able also.

Some men have bigger breast then women and they can go without a shirt. If more women went topless men would be come used to seeing them and it would no longer be taboo. But there are places were shirts and shoes are required, open parks beaches or just walking down the street, or even when doing yard work .

• Yes, it Should be Allowed!

It's not fair when males can go shirtless. I'm a female so if an attractive male was walking around shirtless, I would be looking at him! What is the difference between that or a female's breasts? Yes, I realized that there always would be perverts and (possibly) rapists lurking around, looking for them. That is why I carry a knife.

• Please read so you can understand

For all the people out there who cry it's sexist that women can't go around topless, I am going to give you an irrefutable argument to why it isn't sexist. A woman is topless, a man "accidentally" gropes her chest, he's going to be spending the next few years in prison and registering as a sexual offender. Next scenario. A man is topless, a woman "accidentally" gropes his chest, even if he does freak out, which he probably wouldn't, but if he did, the entire police station will laugh him out of the station for reporting it. The reason it is illegal for women to walk around topless isn't for the children's sake. It is because there are completely different rules and regulations when it comes to men and women and their bodies. (sure you can say double standards are sexist, but I don't hear any women complaining about my above double standard). If the day comes when grabbing a woman's chest isn't grounds for being arrested, sure then you can say it's sexist that women aren't allowed to go topless. Furthermore, breast are the MOST sexualized object in the world, more than the phallic symbol. And yes, women are responsible for this, not men. Women explicitly attempt to make their chests more predominant to make themselves appear more attractive to men. Breasts are not just a sign of femininity in terms of children and breast feeding, they are sign of sexual maturity, as in, a sign that this woman is ready to mate, have sex, so yes breast are just as much a lusting symbol, as they are a symbol for "the cradle of life"

• What about faithfulness?

I'm not sure I would like having intercourse with a man who has seen a thousand other girl's breasts and get compared. Also, I don't like the idea of breasts becoming just another body part like the ankles or the knees. I want my man to be sexually aroused by them. It would remove all the pleasure in a couple's sexual life. Breasts are and will always be sexual. It's an exclusive part for your partner and it should always be. Also, some men are weaker than others. They try to stay faithful to their women and these topless women aren't helping him. You might say ''Well don't look!'' . Say that to a kid in a toy store. Easier said than done. Men are visual. No wonder there are many porn sites and magazines. The strongest should always help the weakest. Why can't we women help our men?

• Ladies have class.

Yes, we are women and we should be treated equally, but it doesn't mean we need to parade around topless. Have some pride and dignity! I breastfeed my 8 month old son in public but I don't go around showing off my breasts to the public. Do you ladies hear yourselves? Think about what you're trying to preach. What would you tell your son who is a child when he sees a topless lady walking around in public? How are men and growing boys supposed to have respect for women? This topic is ridiculous. I'm not self-conscious about my body but I choose to have class and preserve my nudity and sexuality for my husband; the only person that should see me naked.

• We are different

I don't know how women out there can be trying to compare the bodies of men to women as if they are the same. I'm completely baffled. Women need to understand that their breasts are not just sexual because society sexualizes them, they are sexual by nature! When women get sexually aroused there are internal and even visible physiological changes that occur in their breasts. That alone makes them sexual by nature and there's no excusing that. Another reason why they are of a sexual nature is because they are a clear sign of sexual maturity. Once girls hit a certain age their breasts become a sexual part of their anatomy designed not just for nurturing but to signal to men and say "Hey, by the way, I'm mature and healthy enough to have babies". That's JUST HOW IT IS and nothing can change that fact. Men (heterosexual) are always going to be attracted to this feature no matter what. Some of you may say "well ankles were looked at with lust once upon a time" and I agree it's true that due to long exposure to those parts including wrists, legs et.C. The lust wore off for most however those parts are not the same as breasts because they serve no sexual purpose in the first place (but breasts do), they're not signals that show sexual maturity (breasts are), there's pretty much nothing that links ankles and such to sex at all so there's no way you can even compare them. You might say that men's Pecs are signs of sexual maturity but the thing is they serve to sexual purpose to the man or woman during arousal. Pecs are just Pecs and only a tiny tiny tiny amount of men find pleasure in stimulating their own Pecs. I don't even know how that's possible but my main point is we are physiologically and psychologically different and no amount of protests and change in law can change that. EVER.

• No, could cause accidents

I say no. Bare breasted women would get much attention from drivers and others using dangerous equipment. This is much like texting while driving, it is dangerous because it is distracting and frankly, some women are not very good looking and should not bare their breasts. This is not a vital subject but could be a safety issue.

• Not About Equality!

This is not about equality, if it was, it would be about everyone being nude in public vs women being topless. Sorry, but you cannot compare a woman's breast to a man's chest, and anyone who does, is denying the basic differences between a man and woman. If the mayor took off his pants and continued the interview, then that would have been equality.

I can support the right for women to be topless in public, I support equality. Equality is not declaring women and men are the same, it is about recognizing our differences and ensuring neither are discriminated against because of it.

• There are people who wouldn't be comfortable.

There are some people out there that don't want to see women toplees or anyone topless in public. There are also concerns about how it's just to for guys to enjoy seeing a woman topless.
    Also there are parents out their who would want their kids to walk around topless.

• A Difference Exists

There are two different body parts involved here so there really isn't any discrimination occurring. Discrimination occurs when two different things of equal value are not treated equally. A woman's breasts holds value of a high sexual nature because they are highly sensitive organs. A woman will admit that her nipples grow erect when she is sexually aroused. As a man, I can tell you that this doesn't occur to us. Our pectoral muscles are just another set of muscles like the biceps and triceps. Women are usually more drawn to a man's six-pack abs than his chest. Regarding a previous opinion, I can also inform you that as a man, I would not be offended if someone squeezed my chest. It wouldn't really be any different from someone squeezing my bicep. Of course, any touching of a sexual nature on any part of the body would be unwelcome. The opinion I responded to is also right in that a woman's breasts are a mating signal because of the fact that they are part of sexual development from puberty which basically sends the message that they are ripe for sex. Men are modest where it counts. We don't wear super short and tight shorts like women do because we have penises and we don't wear skirts either. If a man walked around in a mini-skirt flashing his gonads, that wouldn't be acceptable, but would that be discrimination?! Neither sex is better than the other but there are differences that hinder BOTH sexes where appropriate dress is concerned.

• Disgusting and very nasty

Please read so you can understand For all the people out there who cry it's sexist that women can't go around topless, I am going to give you an irrefutable argument to why it isn't sexist. A woman is topless, a man "accidentally" gropes her chest, he's going to be spending the next few years in prison and registering as a sexual offender. Next scenario. A man is topless, a woman "accidentally" gropes his chest, even if he does freak out, which he probably wouldn't, but if he did, the entire police station will laugh him out of the station for reporting it. The reason it is illegal for women to walk around topless isn't for the children's sake. It is because there are completely different rules and regulations when it comes to men and women and their bodies. (sure you can say double standards are sexist, but I don't hear any women complaining about my above double standard). If the day comes when grabbing a woman's chest isn't grounds for being arrested, sure then you can say it's sexist that women aren't allowed to go topless. Furthermore, breast are the MOST sexualized object in the world, more than the phallic symbol. And yes, women are responsible for this, not men. Women explicitly attempt to make their chests more predominant to make themselves appear more attractive to men. Breasts are not just a sign of femininity in terms of children and breast feeding, they are sign of sexual maturity, as in, a sign that this woman is ready to mate, have sex, so yes breast are just as much a lusting symbol, as they are a symbol for "the cradle of life"

• So much bullcrap.

How often do you hear a woman say to a man without a shirt on "hey baby nice nipples?" That is why women should not be naked from the waist up in public. This is political correctness on steroids. This is just an excuse for certain women to be exhibitionists.

ladiesman says2017-04-26T22:42:54.343
For the sake of argument, what if it was the other way around?
dovelike says2017-11-08T00:57:49.490
Society has gone silly today in allowing a woman's bum to be seen with the bikini bottoms that are fashionably worn all the way up her bum, and yet making the woman feel that her breasts are lewd. Female breasts are not lewd, but her bum has that lewd potential. If I go to the beach I will see naked female bums being openly displayed, not women's breasts. Yet it is female breasts that are okay and good to see, because they are emotionally soothing and uplifting, and God gave women such ornamental beauty - their breasts. However, women's bums are lewd because they are in her pants. But perhaps women don’t realize this or know anywhere near just how lewd their bums can be, because just maybe they think that their bums are like men's bums. No way near it. So why are female bums allowed to be seen at the beach and yet the women feel they cannot go topless? It is all brainwashing because female breasts don't naturally carry sexual power, but rather an emotional power of noble beauty, and they are good for men to see in nature - totally naked breasts! They are soothing and even healing to the male who sees them. Female breasts are the woman's natural ornament and dignity as a woman, and this is why it is difficult for her to hide them, being directly in the line of vision face to face. Also she has to feel bound to have to always cover them, so it can’t be right to be in such bondage, especially in hot weather and at the beach. She should be free to show them off and receive complements from men, because it enhances her sense of being a beautiful woman. Even when she tries to hide them, they often stand out very much because they are designed to be seen. They are noble in appearance and beautiful, not shameful and not lewd. People believing they are lewd are utterly brainwashed. The Holy Bible speaks freely of boobs as a woman's glory in the song of Solomon, and never of what is in anyone's pants. Genitals and bums are not spoken of there, but all other body parts are decent and are okay to be spoken of in this song of Songs in the Bible. Nothing is naturally lewd except that which in one’s pants. So wake up people and realize what is right and wholesome and freeing to both women and men.