Should women be allowed to perform the same duties of combat as men?

• It's the same training

If women under go the same training and are deemed able to fight why not? Some fear the man will get distracted but that's the man's responsibility, teach your men not to get distracted, don't take away new opportunities, its gives more numbers and more protection for our country. Why not?

• Equality of opportunity

I don't see why not. They are capable of it with training and the correct mindset. Although it is true men tend to be more physically capable than women, that doesn't mean women can't be equally capable with training. Likewise, mental stability is something that men tend to be better at (it's a fact. Science. Can't be denied) BUT again, it is very much possible a woman can have a mentally stable mindset that allows for calm and strategic combat. Equality of opportunity= we all can aspire to do what we want if we are qualified, and if women are qualified then they can be a great asset. They would even perform better in certain tasks than men because women tend to be better at multi-tasking, face recognition, detailed memory, etc. And the fact that men would see women as a distraction is silly to me. Most men see their "butch" (hate the term but..) female friends as one of the guys anyways. Their distraction is their problem, and if they are that easily distracted during war then they should have better training because that's not good for combat anyways.

• Yes, off course!

You say we are not the same, but now days we have to help men to sustain a house, a home, the family (and sometimes women are more successful then men), so why not also help them in a war?. If beauty confuses men, why not use that beauty to confuse the enemy? Women has alway been victimized in war and out of it, this has made us strong, that is why women can also be a mean of destruction like Lyudmila Mykhailivna Paulichenko who killed 309 people estimated and there where many others like her. So, yes we can be in war, we have showed its possible and we don't have to prove ourselfs to men all the You say we are not the same, but now days we have to help men to sustain a house, a home, the family (and sometimes women are more successful then men), so why not also help them in a war?. If beauty confuses men, why not use that beauty to confuse the enemy? Women has alway been victimized in war and out of it, this has made us strong, that is why women can also be a mean of destruction like Lyudmila Mykhailivna Paulichenko who killed 309 people estimated and there where many others like her. So, yes we can be in war, we have showed its possible and we don't have to prove ourselves to men all the time! Yes, men are stronger then women but women are clever and are use to analyzing situation under pressure because that is their nature, so why not join capacities together and make a great team!

• Women should be allowed

Because all people are created equal and deserve freedom. In Adam and Eve, eve is the same as Adam because she has his rib. If she had his hair, she would be higher than Adam. If she had his toe bone she would be lower than Adam. But because she had his rib they were equal

• Women should be allowed

• The women should have the same rights as men

The Constitution says we must have equality. Wouldn't that mean that women have the same rights as men, even in combat? Women should be allowed to go to combat, if they are willing to protect and defend their country. Men and women have equal rights. In combat, they have the same rights.

• Women should have equal rights in all aspects of today's world.

God brought women into this world as equals. We go through so much more pain then men. We are the ones who were made to give birth, and I feel we handle pain much better than men. Women are more educated, 27 percent of us go to college and graduate. Only 21 percent of men enter and graduate college.Twice as many men get injuries than women. Therefore, women should be allowed to hold the same combat duties as a man.

• Sisters in Combat

Women are already, more or less, serving in our armed forces but are not getting any recognition. If aloud to legally fight for our country, they could properly get the recognition they rightly deserve. Also, if women can be properly trained as well as men are trained why is gender a problem? Gender shouldn't just be a label in the military.

• Pick the most capable person regardless of gender, race, etc.

Not everybody is created the same. Not all men are macho and strong, just like not all women are prissy and weak. If a women wants to be on the front lines and she is able to pass the test, then why not allow her?

Some invalid arguments:
    Pregnancy: a) not every woman wants children; b) birth control and planning
    Weak: see above. Some women are stronger than some men (look at women body builders for example).
    Sexual harassment: that is a fault of the person doing the harassment. Nobody should be subjected to sexual harassment or rape.

• Women are capable!

Saying that a women isn't allowed in combat because of stereotypes, is like saying that men can't be allowed to take care of children. If we took that right away from men, they would throw a fit! If a woman is able to finish the same test as a man with the man's requirements, why would you take away the opportunity? Women have already been in combat and women have died. Women have seen friends and family die, even away from the front-lines of combat. Saying that women aren't as strong as men; have you seen a female bodybuilder? I have, and they terrify me more than any man or enemy ever could. Saying that women can't do what men can do is just wrong.

• It's a Man's world

Many people would agree that there are certain career options that one sex can perform whilst the other cannot purely because of their gender. An excellent example would be nuns, as this is a female only career choice. Another would be a highly trained tier 1 special operations asset. As these operators are required all around the world at a moments notice, this means they can be gone for long periods of time in areas that have no hygienic facilities. It is possible for a woman to chemically alter her body using conception (the pill) to halt the menstruation cycle, but this requires a steady supply of the drug, meaning that whatever she takes in has to last for the entire operation, this in turn restricts the functions of that patrol and in turn could put not only her life but the lives of her fellow operators at an unnecessary elevated risk. If she did not take the drugs the blood involved in the menstruation cycle could attract not only animals and harmful bacteria but could give the patrols position away as it would culture a unpleasant aroma. If some how they were able to surgically or chemically solve this problem then you move into a ethical problem. If a male counter part is not permitted to take a drug whilst on operation yet their female companion is required to, this makes it look like women would have to become an addict to enlist in a government career. I have a lot more to say about this subject but I believe I have stated enough.

• It's a fact physical as well as mental.

Women arnt as strong ok? They are capable but the. It comes down to the issues of the rape rate over seas while in combat, especially in the combat zone. Women can suffer from far more severe ptsd and traumatic experiences. Torture of a woman soldier would be more brutal and scaring. Women need more supplies than men and not to mention space. Women's passive mind set during adrenaline rushes put their units life at risk not to mention their own. Women do think more with their heart than men that could be fatal. If three American splatters died and one was a female the military would get for allowing her death to happen. Not only are their combat skills I liability but I would be tragic. Combat training is completely different from the real thing, the enemies have no intention from stopping just because the soldier is female.

• This is not a sexist answer BTW

I do not support sexism. I do not hate equal rights. I think everyone deserves equal rights.

Just saying that so no one craps verbal diarrhea on me.

Yes, Women have less upper body strength then men. And I am pleased for any Woman who wishes to be on the front lines.

But seriously, studies show that women's brains are built for speed. So why couldn't we be the Blacks ops? The spies? Women are quick and Nimble, Men are brute strength and stamina. Why couldn't women be the shady ones? The ones in night vision goggles and black body armor sneaking around at night.
    We are generally faster then Men in that aspect and although many people are going to virtually yell at me, Women are better at Recon.
    The end.

• Women Pose logistical Complications to Operations

Agreed. Women introduce variables to the battlefield. This is exactly what military strategists hate the most. When i say variables, i mean the difference in psychological and physical aspects of men and women. Its a fact, we are very different. The reason commanders avoid variables is they add complications. Complications being a woman's hygiene and the fact that enduring in a combat zone is both difficult and expensive for military supply personel. Women kinda have a minstrel cycle, which is both encumbering and distracting. Also, men tend to be distracted by women, (we all know why), and we cannot have a potentially distracting factor in a combat scenario.
    I know you would like going into combat to be a choice for women, but the fact is they complicate things. Another fact is that the choice involves lives. The military world is barely comparable to civilian life. In civilian life, if a woman screws up, she will lose her job, sure. In combat, screwing up can cost one or more people their lives. The fact is, and always will be, women pose complications to military operations that can pose a threat to people around them.

PS. Those women you mentioned that have been successful in wartime situations are rare, rare occasions.

• It's taking equality too far

Equality won't ever erase the fact that men and women are physiologically different. Higher testoterone levels make men more suited for combat. Sure, a woman can try if she wants, no one's stopping her, but she shouldn't delude herself into thinking she can do absolutely everything to the same level of intensity, competence and ease as a man can. Like it, hate it, get all feminist about it, but it is what it is. It's not really something to be ashamed of, I don't get why women get so offended by it, and I am a woman myself.

• Not Physically Fit

I have served with some great female pilots, but the majority of woman are biological built for infantry roles, hell most men can't handle the role. I'm not saying that a woman can't mentally handle combat, because I have witness this first hand, but I have also witness a woman not being physically able to move a wounded man away from a danger during a fire fight.

• It's not a matter of discrimination

Men are more built for combat than women. I see men and women training together every day, and the men always outdo them. Tell you what, if you are female and can do 100 pushups, I'll be convinced that it can be done physically. Also, women are more emotional than men. When men see their teammates die, they will keep going. When this happens to women, however, they are more likely to break down and stop fighting. This is the worst thing a soldier can possibly do in a combat situation.

• The truth is in strength and emotions women have.

Women can be emotional at times so they couldn't really handle the pressure of war and sometimes they can get raped by the men there and can be distracting and at times be sexually harassed. So you can agree or disagree but the point is that it can help provide the support of this topic.

• Not about rights.

The military isn't a democracy, it isn't about women's rights, it is a weapon. I see the argument that they should be able to try but we cannot have different standards to be met based off gender. I do not have a problem with them trying to meet the exact same physical abilities as men but when women do not meet the standards and are not accepted then you have the opportunity for lawsuits on behalf of women who didn't make it calling discrimination and saying that the percentage of women is not high enough. Then that is where I would have a problem so better to just let them do what they are doing now and let them contribute that way.

• Women can in many ways be better than men.

Women are not made biologically the same as men. I have worked out with both men and women. There are so many women that are more physically in shape than me. I am talking about going to the gym every day! Still, when we work out the males in the group will do more reps with more weight than the women. The reason is not because men are simply better than women, it is because biologically men are stronger due to testosterone. This hormone (and many more factors) causes men to be stronger than women. Now, with that said, who would you trust in a brawl with the enemy (it is a fight of strength for some reason the weapons are out of the question)? An American man or an American woman? Let's face the facts. The American man would have a better chance biologically. So think - would you like to see an army full of men, or bodies of women returning from a war?