• For hockey for the people

Because we can do anything boys can do but maybe even better if we try. I do not know one sport that does not have a girls version of it except hockey. We should be able to be picked for a hockey team like the lightning team. It is not the girls fault that we were born a girl. So I think we should all be treated fairly and be able to try for NHL. We can do everything they can do I like to train hard for thing like races and I do it 120 percent above what I am expected to do. That is what all girls should do so thanks. Lets let us girls play with the boys.

• Girls are as stron as boys 😜😜

Hockey is a sport that many people play and that anyone who desires to play it should chase their dreams ! Girls are tuff ! We are as strong a s the men in this world! Itis ridiculous that girls cannot do what they want and have ti choose something else to do other then to chase their dreams ! In conclusion i support the idea tha girls should play in the NHL and follow there dreams till the end ! THX

• Women Belong in the NHL.

A lot of women get discriminated in the sport of hockey because they ''lack'' skill, which is not true because look at Hailey Wichinieser she is the best woman in hockey at the time. Why should she not be allowed to play?? Or what about Menom Rhe'aum. Why didn't she stay?
    A lot of women belong instead of some of the men in the NHL.

• It's totally sexist

When you think NHL you think of a men's hockey league, I want to know whats stopping females from joining. Girls can do anything guys can and I feel if there is a rule against it, people should fight against it because as I previously said, girls can do anything guys can of they have passion and really set their mind to it.

• Girls SHOULD be able to play in the NHL!

It's stupid that girls aren't aloud to have an NHL or anything to do with television sports like basketball and baseball! There are so many girls who want to grow up and join a girls sport team but can't because it's only for the Olympics and that's only for the 'best'. Give NHL a change, make a girls team!

• I think girls are strong enought to play in the NHL 😜

I think that women should play in the NHL because they could be as strong as the men ! The girls should be able to follow and chase their dreams till the very end and never let it go, but because there is no NHL for girls dreams get crushed !! Girls can be as tough as boys !
    In conclusion is supportbthe idea that girls should pkay in the NHL !!!

• This is sexist

I am doing a speech for school and I've been doing a lot of research on it. For me hockey is a sport that I have and am growing up with. This subject had honestly bugged me for the longest time and all I have to say is why? Does anyone have a really strong answer to why they shouldn't? One without anyone countering with a but or except. I believe that girls are capable of doing everything a male can do and I have the dream of proving everyone wrong. This is a very personal subject to me also because I have been excluded from school sports because of my gender and that is wrong. If your a female hockey player and you want to be in the NHL, go for it. Even if I don't know you, I support you and I hope to be up there with you one day.

• Girls are capable to do anything they think they can do

I'm a female hockey player and I've been playing for years and through those years I've noticed that all the girls on my team including me are some of the best players on the team maybe even the best. I'm the strongest player on my team and I can take a hard hit from a male! I survive and so do all the other females on my team. Girls are extremely capable of playing on a male team. Females have changed over the years and it proves that females can do anything that males can!

• Girls need to be in the nhl

I am a girl hockey player and I happen to be one of the best defense in michigan.Women should be aloud in the NHL it totally sexist.The only way we women can play hockey when we grow up is on a Olympic and in my opinion the Olympics are stumped you train for like 4 years to mak a team and train with them forever for possibly 1 game each 4 years that's insane.

• NHL is to dangerous for women.

Here's the deal, the only reason why they wont let women play nhl hockey is because they are concerned about there safety. Im sure that there are many talented female hockey players out there, but there body's just aren't built to take heavy hits, even with equipment on. Lets face it, wouldn't it be scary to see a 6"5, 220lbs man hit a 5"11 150lbs girl. I believe that women are underestemating the consequences that come while playing in the NHL. In my opinion its just to dangerous, and you cant trust the odds. Another reason why girls shouldn't play nhl hockey is because there shots just aren't powerful enough, now im not saying there shots aren't good, in fact, they have great shots. But the problem is that this is top of the line hockey, there is no way any lady can blow one by a nhl goalie.

• NHL is a mens thing.

Allowing women to play in the NHL would create too much controversy. I also think its dangerous for women to attempt to play in a hockey league that is created for men because men are very rough while playing hockey and I do not think that women would be able to handle it.

• Its not reality

Just wake up women would never be able to participate at professional level. Women please its impossible women are not able. Men have 40 present more upper body muscle mass and 33 present more lower body muscle mass. Women just can not do it they can not do it. Haley Wickenhizer said its not reality and she is the best woman hockey player aloud

• It's a matter of physical capability

Personally for me, I've played the game since I was 16 months old. And I did grow up with our starting forward being a girl. She led the season in goals and assists. However she was rather lacking in physical presence. Some may argue that a girl shouldn't get hit. But in reality it was a choice she made. All bets are off. As of now, I know many girl players that are still very good.

• Women should not be allowed to play in the NHL.

Women are generally not allowed to compete with men in sports competitions because it is not fair. Men are naturally physically stronger than women. In contact sports, such as ice hockey, women could sustain injuries from competing with men. Instead, there should be an independent ice hockey league for women.

• Women players in the NHL would be impractical and undesirable.

There are certainly administrative, secretarial, and similar office roles where women can and do work in the NHL, but women as players would not be practical nor desirable. Even if women could be found that could compete with the men without special advantages, special accommodations such as separate locker rooms would need to be made that would be a burden. It would be preferable for women to compete in their own leagues, as with the WNBA in basketball.

• Women ARE allowed to play in the NHL

The rules don't say no women... It's already happened before. Do some research before posting a debate. The reason they don't isn't sexist its realistic. The amount of force from a hit from someone 60 lbs heavier than you? Ridiculous. Skill and speed aren't a problem. Some women are certainly talented enough, but one crushing hit and we've got a whole different situation! Haley Wickenheiser said the exact same thing, and she's arguably the most famous female hockey player ever and even she doesn't think women would be able to play in the NHL..

• It's not sexist, its a fact.

I'm sorry but this shouldn't even be an argument. Women can't physically play with men at the pro level. Its not sexist ladies, its biology. Remember when the women's gold medal team scrimmaged against high school teams and struggled in most of them, and even lost a couple? Do you even realize what an nhl team would do to them? And then we have the physical play. One good open ice hit or solid body contact and its game over. Sorry but no, not a chance in hell.

• Women should have there on league, not join the men

If women where to play in the NHL they would get absolutely rocked. The women don't have the same body mass in weight and in height. There shots aren't hard and fast enough. They also need to be a more powerful faster skater. I believe women should have there on league like they do in NBA but they shouldn't play with the men. I don't mean this to be sexiest, sorry.

• Coming from a female...

I personally do not think woman should play, there body is not built to take hits from a grown man. No matter how much padding is put on we still could not take the hits. Most shots are also not NHL shots, yes most female hockey players have a hell of a shot, it would not be able to get past the goalie.