• It too late for this question, it already happens

Yes. I can say this because I am a female in the US Army. I have served in Iraq twice and have participated in fire fights as well as clearing buildings. Some of my sisters in arms that did not make it from combat and some were left with the same wound as men a proof. I am not agreeing with women being placed in combat arms positions within the military, but we already participate in combat.

• I say give them a chance

When it comes to women being allowed to take part in combat, whether it'd be military or basic, I really feel they should be given the chance to prove themselves. I have never been known to be a sexes kind of person, so I definitely do not have a problem with this.

• If women want to fight let them.

If a woman wants to enter combat fighting why should anyone stop them? Women are so often fighting for equal rights and this is one way of giving it to them. Anyone who enters the military knows what they are signing up for. Women who choose this career path should not be treated any differently.

• Women Should Be Allowed To Take Part In Combat

Yes, women should be allowed to take part in combat. As the reach for equality between the sexes is an important goal, women should be equal to men in all areas, up to and including fighting in combat. To deny women the right to fight in combat would be to deny them equality to men.

• Women Deserve Combat Roles

Women deserve to fight in wars in combat rules for the United States. Fortunately, the country recently started to allow women on the front lines. Women can be just as effective as their male counterparts on the battlefield, especially since the front lines are far different now than in previous wars.

• Women should be allowed equal rights.

I believe that women have just as much right to be on the combat field as men do, if that is what they wish to do. Equal rights means that rights should be equal in all aspects of life. It is not fair to pick and choose which situations should be equal. If a woman chooses to put herself in a combat situation, no one should have the right to tell her that she cannot be there.

• Women should be allowed to take part in combat.

• Yes, they should!

I believe a woman should be allowed to take part in combat, provided she pass a physical agility test. We have come a long way within the United States as far as women's rights. I believe a woman should be able to do anything a man does. If she chooses to fight for our country and is physically capable of doing so, then let her be!

• Yes women should be allowed to take part in combat

Women are no longer the dainty, fragile flower that needs protection from harm that they once may have been, and really maybe never were. It is more a stereotype than anything. If a woman thinks she can handle combat she should have every right to take part in it, more power to her I say. So I don't have any problem with women being allowed to participate in combat at all.

• Sadly biology has everything to do with it

Although I fully agree about women and men having equal rights, this particular situation we have to look at the reality of human biology and psychology. As explained and posted by medic5392 the reality of things are different from the ideal that women and men are equal and I feel that it would irresponsible knowing some of the facts and statistics to just send our women soldiers into combat, if avoidable.

• Emotions & Dreams vs Effectiveness & Reality

Women do not belong in ground combat. Here is a link to The Washington Times article that deal with the new push for Infantry and SOF roles for females in the US. It has links and paragraphs from Medical Studies done in both the US and the UK, the UK decided not to put women into combat roles due to the long term study that is liked in the article. Below the link are past studies done by the military, shows continually that females have not been made to meet the same standard but that does not matter since they are in the military due to a stated "goal" of 15% set by the individual services.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/30/army-may-train-women-for-rigor-of-front-lines/?page=all

This is from when they first started sending women to the Academies:

From the report of the Presidential Commission on the Assignment of Women in the Armed Forces (report date November 15, 1992, published in book form by Brassey's in 1993):"The average female Army recruit is 4.8 inches shorter, 31.7 pounds lighter, has 37.4 fewer pounds of muscle, and 5.7 more pounds of fat than the average male recruit. She has only 55 percent of the upper-body strength and 72 percent of the lower-body strength…

An Army study of 124 men and 186 women done in 1988 found that women are more than twice as likely to suffer leg injuries and nearly five times as likely to suffer [stress] fractures as men."

Further:"The Commission heard an abundance of expert testimony about the physical differences between men and women that can be summarized as follows:"Women's aerobic capacity is significantly lower, meaning they cannot carry as much as far as fast as men, and they are more susceptible to fatigue."In terms of physical capability, the upper five percent of women are at the level of the male median. The average 20-to-30 year-old woman has the same aerobic capacity as a 50 year-old man."

From the same report:"Lt Col. William Gregor, United States Army, testified before the Commission regarding a survey he conducted at an Army ROTC Advanced Summer Camp on 623 women and 3540 men. …Evidence Gregor presented to the Commission includes:"

(a) Using the standard Army Physical Fitness Test, he found that the upper quintile of women at West point achieved scores on the test equivalent to the bottom quintile of men."

(c) Only 21 women out of the initial 623 (3.4%) achieved a score equal to the male mean score of 260."

(d) On the push-up test, only seven percent of women can meet a score of 60, while 78 percent of men exceed it."

(e) Adopting a male standard of fitness at West Point would mean 70 percent of the women he studied would be separated as failures at the end of their junior year, only three percent would be eligible for the Recondo badge, and not one would receive the Army Physical Fitness badge…."

From Canada's recent "stroll" with gender integration into the combat arms:

"After extensive research, Canada has found little evidence to support the integration of women into ground units. Of 103 Canadian women who volunteered to joint infantry units, only one graduated the initial training course. The Canadian experience corroborates the testimony of LTC Gregor, who said the odds of selecting a woman matching the physical size and strength of the average male are more than 130-to-1."

Even in the Fleet Navy, the study of Damage Control gave the following results: (1990's, some of the testing is obsolete now, they used P250 Pumps in the initial test, P250s are no longer used. Stretcher carry's are something that will never go away though)

Test: Stretcher Carry, Level-

% of Females (F) who failed initially (I) and who failed after 6 months post (P) weight training: I%63 P%38

% of Males (M) who failed initially (I) and who failed after 6 months post (P) weight training: I%0 P%0

Test: Stretcher Carry, up/down ladder-

% of Females (F) who failed initially (I) and who failed after 6 months post (P) weight training: I%94 P%88

There is loads of other stuff out there too, sad that none of the mainstream journalists or radical, agenda driven Women's Studies PhD's ever seem to find this stuff? The writers who push this idea that women should be in combat never seem to use them in their articles either. Weird huh?

• Women should not be allowed to take part in combat, unless seprate from men or solely for air force and navy.

Women have a negative effect on men during combat. If a woman is injured during battle, that places immense psychological pressure on her male counterparts, resulting in degraded combat effectiveness. Dues women in combat roles could be seen as liabilities. The ban of female soldiers in official close quarter combat roles in he IDF illustrates this problem.

Research this topic: Leon Panetta