• What kind of a question is this?

Of course women should be allowed to vote! This question actually annoys me, women are just as smart, and even SMARTER than men. We have absolutely every right to an opinion on how our country should be run. All countries that are intelligent allow their women to vote, and it should be continued that way.

• yes

of course woman should be allowed to vote. There shouldnt be a question here at all! Woman have , or should have just as much of a valued input and opinion as any man would have. I do not even like that this should be a debate to begin with. It is insulting.

• Yes. Women should be allowed to vote.

Women are not second class citizens even though some may think other wise, cavemen died out long ago. We are not some frail thing with no brain. If we are going to take away a woman's right to vote, why stop there? I know plenty of men who have trouble using a video game and need my help.

• Yesh we should!

They should cause we are amazeballs and we totally deserve the rights cause we are humans like men and deserve to be treated like real people and not anials or lumps of meat that are worthless. We deserve equal respect to men as without wome, there would be no life in the world.

• Yes they should!

Women are not just housewife's who stay at home and look after the kids or cook or clean!
    The can do any job a man can do and no men have to carry a baby for 9 months do they!
    Saying women should stay at home and make food is pathetic!!!!!
    Also saying women are emotional and cant make decisions is not tue. Women are sensible and can make important decisions

• Equality and fairness

Because it is fair that those who must obey the law, must have a voice in them.
    This and many other reasons support why women should be allowed to vote. They have changed how the U.S. and many other places of the world have been. And they should be allowed to vote

• Yes, women should be allowed to vote.

Women are humans and part of the human race. We aren't less than or more than the other gender and vice verses. Women and men BOTH have brains, and if you don't agree than obviously you lack some brain cells . Shame of your for ever thinking like that , You do not belong to the 21st century and are a shame to the human race for such low and degrading thinking .

• Women Have a Right to Vote

Men do not have an exclusivity to how the affairs of the nation should be run. EVERYONE, over a certain age should be allowed to participate in the electoral process. Merely based on gender puts a lie to "equal representation", for then, it is only conditionalized representation. As to arguments that women will vote for the cutest candidate that belies their intelligence. Also, keep in mind that men vote for candidates because of the party affiliation and not on any platform so presented. If we believe in equal rights for all, it MUST extend to the ballot box. It must be fair and equitable and it must be for all, regardless of gender, race, creed or political stance. I, as a citizen of this nation, must be allowed to express myself in the affairs of this country and voting is one of those avenues.

• yes

Of course women should be allowed to vote. Women make a extremely big impact on the professional side of life and in the emotional side of life. Women are independent and extremely intelligent to make their own choice of government. People shall respect the women's vote and never take it for granted

• Voting is a basic right

Of all the humans, men and women. It will be unfair that the men can vote and the women can't.
    I don't believe this subject even discussed and people debating about it, it has to be clear: all the humans, men and women, has to get the same rights, include the right to vote in the elections (for government and the municipals).
    The status of women has been changed over the years, but (even in The West) there is a lot of things to do for equality, in a lot of places and countries and the world the status of women is still the same as he was in the 14 century.
    Stop the gender discrimination!

• Unfair for women to vote; read this before you get outraged.

I have nothing against you women. You are way more mature and calmer than men. However, you are not smarter. That scam that one guy did about women's and men's IQ; he was testing teenagers, women start puberty 2 years earlier, thus at any given time in adolescence, a girl will have the mental capacities of a boy who is older than her by two years. Now on to my arguments:

1. Women can't be drafted or serve in combat positions. This is so unfair. Why should men have to risk their lives for others who aren't doing the same. Obviously women want it to stay this way, because currently they can vote, and they have not elected Congressmen (noticed the intentional omission of "and Congresswomen") who oppose this.

2. Who was required to leave the Titanic last? Again men are always expected by society to act courageously and stuff. Unfair.

3. Judicial bias. Men receive more "guilty" verdicts and harsher sentences than women (Bureau of Justice).

Nothing against you women, but you have gone too far with falsely claiming that you are smarter and more industrious than men and your reversely discriminatory affirmative action policies.

That is just what I believe. I don't mean to cause a conflict.

Please don't accuse me of being sexist. As I have said, women contribute a lot to society (Cleopatra, Elizabeth I, Marie Curie, Theodora). I am not sexist at all. In fact, I tend to talk more and associate more with girls, (I am in middle school) than boys because they are so much more mature and calmer and less confrontational.

• Let me say this

You can't show me one woman that has a strong opinion on womans rights to vote and also has a strong opinion on keeping men and women and their families together. Women are very dubious and will take any opportunity the minute it suits them regardless of who it hurts. They have a retaliative personality and not a mindful and methodical one. Not that they aren't smart, they are just more focused on their own ideas on things (usually) and will screw over any guy that would in another situation be helping them. Also pretty girls can't be trusted. All this together is why I believe women shouldn't be allowed to vote. Not to mention not a one of them has a true intention of dying for anyone other than themselves. I see them as having the weakest personality and being THE WEAKEST part of our culture (I'm talking about white women here)

• Straight women should not be allowed to vote. Only masculine women should.

Heterosexual women are too emotional to vote. Women, for the better parts of their days, live in a fantasy world and whichever candidate makes them "feel" good at the current moment will get the vote. Whomever can get the most hand claps in a crowded arena is enough to take the straight woman vote. It is very little about the politics.

• Why women should NOT vote!

Women shouldn't be allowed to vote because it would ruin a perfectly working system. Also they belong at home taking care of kids as well as cooking and cleaning while the men are out working, fighting in the war, and bringing money to support the family. Women shouldn't have been given the vote from the start because they could consult with their husband on who to vote for and the husband could go vote on behalf of the family.

• Women crush the economy and give up your rights based on what makes them feel good.

Women shouldn't be allowed to vote or hold positions of power for one simple reason. Most women make decisions based on EMOTIONS instead of FACT.

As we are now seeing, a government heavily influenced by women will be overrun with bleeding heart social programs (expanding welfare state) even in the wake of much bigger problems (faltering economy).

The FACT is that we don't have the money for these social programs. However, since women have been allowed in to the political world, the EMOTIONAL response allowing these social programs has been HUGE!

With these social programs we are constantly stripping away what the individual has earned and giving it to someone they see as more deserving. This is putting a stranglehold on the economy. Like it or not, the financial world (our economy) is based on incentive. You take away that incentive and people quit working. Simple as that.

Also, allowing women to participate in government will ultimately lead to totalitarianism.
    Here is the reason why:
    Our freedom that we so often take for granted in this county was won by MEN with FIREARMS.
    If you look at many of the polls you will see that gun ownership and support for 2nd amendment rights is roughly half for women as it is for men. In fact in many of the polls less than 20% of women support the right to keep and bear arms. This means that if the majority of women have their way we will be completely disarmed and right back in the same situation we were in before our forefathers so nobly broke away from an oppressive government.

• We are too emotional

I am a woman (aged 30), and I have to agree that we (women) are too emotional and not rational or logical enough to have the right to vote. Most women are intelligent but we allow our emotions to take over and we don't often think straight. I have never voted because we should not have the right to vote. Men are often naturally more level headed, rational and logical and understand politics better that women do.

• Women need to start doing their fair share

And that includes all tasks that are usually the burden of men. Most women like to heap all the household chores and responsibilities onto men and enough is enough. Usually a women will ask her husband to take out the garbage and make sure the taxes are done and mow the lawn and other such things necessary for running the house. Now on top of that they are trying to slough off another responsibility onto the already overburdened shoulder of men...The household vote. Deciding on which candidate to vote for is an important decision and one that takes a lot of careful thought and concentration...Two areas women traditionally do not excel in...However this does not give them the right to make more demands of men to take on the responsibility of voting. It's time women started doing their fair share and that includes the hard work of deciding on and casting a vote. It won't be easy for them but it's about time their started carrying their share of the load.

• It's too complicated for them

Women are not supposed to take decisions or influence others, as you can see Jesus was no woman, and also Adam was the first to be created and then, as complement, Eva.

Women are very helpful and they are of course needed on this society, however as everything on nature they have their place, and politics or decision making is not one of them, you wouldn't want me to breast feed my children, right?

• Women should not allowed to vote because many of them don't respect men, or contribute as much to society.

Women have not earned the right to vote, it was really given to them by men. It could of went the other way if the leaders of society back then were not as nice and decided "nope, not going to let them vote." And even worse, they claim that men are worthless despite that the iPhone and laptop they use was invented by men, and even the luxuriant lifestyle they live is built on the backbone and spilled blood of hard working men that created our current society.
    They continue to be hypocrites (wanting equal rights, but using men for financial gain) and expecting to be taken care of financially by higher earning men despite choosing to have low earning majors.
    Studies show that on average men work longer hours, in more dangerous jobs, and choose higher paying STEM jobs, and medical jobs such as surgeon instead of pediatric, yet women believe they deserve equal rights when the vast majority don't contribute as much as men to society.

• Democracy leads to totalitarianism

Democracy itself is not a Biblical form of civil government and historically has generally declined into totalitarianism. Giving women the vote will only accelerate this process. God did not give to women the role of government except in the home and then subordinate to the husband. It does not at all bother me that the majority of people think differently. Truth is never determined by numbers. The Word of God is the rule. History will show the full story of what will become of our modern democracies. They are already crumbling and individual liberties are being curtailed more and more. Totalitarianism is already on the rise in western democracies.