• Yes of course they should

As a young woman in high school, I know what it's like to be out below men, but it does not mean our country should do the same. Our women should be able to do whatever they want, and serve because women can do just as much or even more than men, and if we want our soldiers to be strong, we need both. It's like telling Ronda Rousey she can't fight, some women are just meant to do things.

• Yes Yes Yes

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

• No special treatment.

I think women should be allowed to join the military if they choose to do so. If they make this choice then they should not look for special treatment. They should go through the exact same training as the men, no exceptions and if they don't make the grade then they should be kicked out!

• Yes they should

My pastor was in the army and she did fine. And my aunt was in the army and became an Lt. Commander and now is a school nurse and she is emotionally okay and she is thriving and doing well so I believe women can do exactly what men can.

• Yes they should

• Women should be in the army.

Women should be in the army. They have already proven that they can be in the front of the line in combat and can do just about anything that a man can do. I think we should give them as much respect as we do our men and that the future for them in these careers look bright.

• Women should be in the army if they so choose.

Women have made valuable contributions to the army. They are as effective as soldiers as men and have served alongside men for many years now. Men and women are so different mentally, that having both in the military provides a valuable mix of perspectives when it comes to making split second decisions and problem solving.

• Women should be in the army

Women should be in the army. This is because women can prove very valuable to armed forces. Women are valuable army members as they are just as valuable as men. Ignoring a very valuable huge part of society would be unwise. This is why women should be in the army.

• Women should be in the army.

The desire to serve your country should not be stymied by the gender that you were born with. Women can be just as powerful and patriotic as any man. And many men are weaker than many women, so it is sad that gender stereotypes are getting in the way of real progress.

• Yes they should be

If they want to go into combat then I have no issue with that what so ever.
    We need less people on this plant and a women is the best gun out there.
    They are very subservient and good cannon fodder.
    Women have a habit of following orders without questioning them so yes.

• Given The Problems, No

I do not think women should be in the army. I think there have been several problems arise because they are in the army. When a woman is the army and she become pregnant, she is simply discharged. All of the cost of training her, is simply out of the window. Secondly, we have many women who are being raped in the military, some of these allegations are true, while many others are allegations simply made to save face for the woman. I think this has been unfair to the men in the military and if they can't hold their place and be responsible for their actions, then they should not be there.

• No, for the good reasons

Strictly speaking, if women are to have equal rights -and the cavemen who have a beef with this are facing extinction- they should have the right to join the army. I don't mean just the US army, but any army (I refuse to write it with a capital A)

But the deeper point is, is it good for women to join the army? Or if you prefer, is it good for any human being to join the army? Armies are a male concoction. Yes I know about the Amazons, and other half-true half-mythical female warriors, but even them were an add-on to the male institution of war. So men of all races, beliefs and types throughout history have consistently created, joined and supported armies, because it's in our nature (yes I'm a man). I would like to believe that women have enough sense to think differently.

That's why I'm concerned with this bizarre application of equality: yes it's legally correct that women should have the right the join the army. But I would be so much more pleased to see they saying loud and clear, "nope".