• If they do the same job, then yes.

If two people, regardless of gender, do the same job over the same amount of time, the it only seems right to me for them to get paid the same for that job. How can we live in an unfair world like that and expect people to be motivated to work?

• OF COURSE! This shouldn't' t even be a debate

If a woman acquires a degree, attends universities and becomes an expert in their career and performs the job just as well, if not better, then the male, then ABSOLUTELY the should be paid equal salaries. Why is it fair that full time working woman earn 77% of what males earn? Why should woman have to work 60 extra days or about 3 months to earn what men did by the end of the previous year?????? This is not only unfair but highly degrading to the morals of woman all over America. It sends a message that no matter how hard they work they can never equal up to a male which is COMPLETELY false. WHY SHOULD US WOMAN BE PORTRAYED AS MINORITIES OR SECOND CLASS??????????? We shouldn't and anyone that disagrees with this resolution is a COMPLETE idiot and has no idea what they are talking about!!!!!!

• Same job, same work, same pay!

Why in the name of god should women always be the downsized ones? The little ones? The ones that have to put up with men harassing them in the work place? The world would be a better place if women were in charge! Us women need to take a stand up against man and prove that we are tough enough and good enough to get the same pay as men.
    Its ridiculous that us women get looked down on as " not going to be able to do the job"
    we need to take a stand ladies, and fight for rights.

• If You Fight for Equality, Then Why are you being a Hypocrite?

A new fad this year is to fight for what you believe in. One which is particularly important is equality. However we do not listen to what we preach. We say that we all have equal rights, equal opportunities, but now women are being discriminated because of their gender. Our constitution is contradicting itself. Yeah, all of us are equal...Except women. On average Women receive more graduate and college degrees than men, in 4 out of 10 American families women are the main and sometimes only bread winner. Women earn 71 percent of men's wages- that is after you control the age, race, hours, and education. So what does that say!? It's pretty clear actually, after women work, study, and achieve what men can do, they still get payed less. Because women go on maternity leave, doesn't mean that they are not valuable assets to their workplace. Men want to have families too, and women should not get blamed for wanting to start a family. That is just an excuse for those who do not wish to value the working women of today. Women should get paid same as men, end of story.

• Yes woman should be paid the same as men.

We want strong companies and businesses so shouldn't we hire and pay equally the best workers period? If we pay women less than men that would be completely unfair. Gender does not determine the capability of the worker. That depends on what kind of person they are and if they are willing to work hard for their pay.

• Yes, I do believe that women should get equal pay as men.

If women do the exact same amount of labor as men, then we deserve to get paid as much as they do. Our Constitution states that all people are equal, and if we are not getting paid equal then our nation is not treating us right. Thank you for listening.

• Women should be paid the same as men in the same workforce

If women aren't getting paid the same as men in the same job, that's sexism and it should be illegal. Women are capable of working and doing the same job as men. And we're not living in the middle ages anymore where the women stayed home all day and cleaned the house. Women are supporting their families as well as the men. - from a 14 year old

• Equal pay for equal work

If a women does the same amount of work a man does in the same job, there is no reason to deny her equal pay based on sex. Women may have the chance to use more leave time due to maternity than men, but that should only be a factor in insurance premiums(which are higher for women and they are generally lower paid!)

• Its wouldn't be fair if the women been paid less

Women should be paid in the same amount as men, or more because women and men are just different gender not a big deal but why do people still thinks that the men should get more money than women. If you are a women and I'm a men and you got less money than me will you think that it not fair? Think about it if you're in the opposite way and if, been paid less than women then will you think that its unfair? Maybe you are just a selfish man because you don't believe that women are better, you are just trying to blame yourself.

• No, but only if this is true

There is a huge disincentive to hire women, especially for jobs that require special training. One example of a massive disincentive to hire a women would be the maturity leave. Women can take a leave of absence for up to one year which, for the first six months, depending on contracts, might be paid, and generally, after the absence, they will quit so they can take care of their children. If the employer doesn't have to pay women as much, then it's fine, the probable disincentive is countered. However, if the employer has to pay the women an equal amount in all cases, and, as I've shown, the costs are higher than the male equivalent, why should the employer hire the women? I think that the hire rate would decrease for women and increase for men if they earned equal pay. That being said, this is just based on hypothesis and, if this were wrong, I would completely agree that they should be paid the same amount for equal performance in equal positions. If it costs them their employment though, I don't think that it's a good thing.

• Just an Opinion

Men can do a better, more efficient job than women, and the way our economy is set up, we can't afford to raise the pay of millions of female workers. Besides the fact of our dying economy, many women have a family to look after, and should concentrate on teaching their children moral values and how to live successfully when the children leave home. We should be encouraging mothers to nurture their children (yes, even teenagers need help sometimes) to become respectable citizens who can look after themselves and keep teaching the good ol' fashioned values of traditional ways. Ladies and gentlemen, if we don't encourage mothers to stay home and care for it, who will?

• Yes they should have more

Wemon showld have more money thay boys the boys are not as good as girls girls are more mature they might be sensative but they are much better than boys they are so cool a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa

• No, not always

For women who take a leave of absence to have a child and look after their family, no. However if the same amount of work is achieved and the same job is done without the aforementioned then of course we should be paid equally. I believe in fairness however a business should not be paying for your right to have children.

• Absolutely Not! What?

There are too many risks in hiring women. Especially nowadays that women have no morals. It would be different if we were talking about women from back in the day, who actually had a backbone. Yes this might seem harsh, but the truth hurts. Women these days just want to run around and feel entitled to everything its a joke.

• Its wouldn't be fair

If a women does the same amount of work a man does in the same job, there is no reason to deny her equal pay based on sex. Regardless of gender, do the same job over the same amount of time, the it only seems right to me for them to get paid the same for that job. How can we live in an unfair world like that and expect people to be motivated to work?

• No u stink

E gmu u u ieuwgyegiu ue q u iwqui uwiq uqw uiqwf qwiuf qiwf iuqw gfei fuwq uwqi iwuqf uqwif gwiuq uqi uwi gwuqi gwuq uifwq fguwq gqu ui q. U
    qwu

u
    q f u uuqwi iqwuqw uqqwu uiqw qwuf qwu fgquf quwi fgiuqw gfiquwf gqwg fqu fqf q fwuq

• Women deserve better

Women should have the same pay as men because they have to do what men have to do in order to get a job, but they still get paid less. Also, it is very unfair for women not to be paid the same.

Sincerely,
    Grandma Heathery
    p.S. Women are better

• I think not!!!

Ok one thing I really don't like is that people think that they are entitled to things. You are not entitled to anything. This country is one of the only countries that actually has "rights" for its people. Its like the Hobby Lobby incident, those women could have worked somewhere else. No one was holding a gun to there head and telling them to work there. And more you don't have a right to work there. You have the privilege to work there. How would you like it if the government came into your business and told you that you had to pay your employees more even when you are already struggling with their current pay you then had to close your business because of money and all the employees lost their jobs and you had to look for a job yourself. If the government required women to be paid the same it would be one step closer to communism. Plus most men are stronger and sometimes better at jobs like manual labor. If you had a job like construction not always but most of the time men would be more capable of this job. Also the constitution says "All MEN are equal" that does not include women.

• No, because equal pay laws will force more small business' to close, resulting in fewer jobs for all.

Equal pay is an idealistic goal, whether for gender or any other categorization. The current debate is yet another way that some politicians are choosing to create division among and resentment between the people of our nation.
    I have only worked in private industry and have never been privy to the salaries of other employees. Frankly, it is none of my business what others earn. My responsibility is to complete my job to the best of my ability, my employer's job is to pay me an amount that I agreed to when first hired.
    If a man makes more than me, so what? If another woman, just hired off the street, makes more than me, what business is that of mine? Do I like it? Of course not. Have these things happened? Yes. But the employer, not me, is in the best position to know what (s)he can pay people in certain positions and still run a profitable business.
    An absurd part of the president's proposition is that those who think they are being paid unequally can sue their employers. Can you say, "Death to small business?" In this litigious culture, who in their right mind is going to chance hiring someone that may sue for a perceived inequality? I pay Joe more because he was more productive in non-recordable ways (maybe a great team player, or encouraged others in their productivity, etc.), so Joan, who was productive in her assigned tasks, but not in other ways, decides to sue? And as the employer I'm forced to then invest precious time and monetary resources defending myself? Ridiculous. On the flip side, if I don't reward Joe for these 'extras', he sees no point in continuing them, thereby decreasing my productivity. (In fairness, the gender roles could easily be flipped, the point it that Big Brother has no business sticking it's nose into small, private business).

Any private employer will tell you that there are myriad factors involved in deciding pay. To narrow it down to just gender is just one more way that Big Brother wants to interfere in our already struggling economy. Seen any recent times when Big Brother interfered and it was an overall success? Or, have you seen divisive Big Brother trying to unite us as a nation lately?

Posted by: hez