Should women be required to register for the draft now that they can fight in front line combat?

• More rights= More responsibilities

It's funny how women are always wanting "Equal rights" But first of all that is BS Women have more rights then men, you don't believe me? Well I'll tell you ONE which'll be enough, Divoirce courts are bias to women, and women almost always get the custody of the child, or children. So women have to make up for that, AND all the men who served In both world wars , the vietnam war, the korean war, the Revolutionary war, the list goes ON AND ON. But if women want equal rights (Which they already have and more) Than they have to earn it, by signing up to join the army so if your dumb-ass government decided to attack russia, or canada or something, you can go out and fight and die for them! YAY!!! Thats what men deal with, equal rights MY ASS

• Equality Between All

As a woman I agree to this topic. Women want equal rights, therefore that includes being drafted. Yes, not all women want to be in the military, but not all men do either. Women want to be treated equally in the world than they should take all equal rights, including being drafted. I would not want to be drafted myself, but I feel if we women want to be treated equally than we should in all aspects. Although physically men are more powerful, the fact that women want to be treated equally makes this question an automatic YES! And, yes I understand a child needs at least one parent, but the military doesn't take all children when drafting so why would they take both parents?

• Equality Between All

• Everyone wants equal rights.

If people argue that men and women are not equal then why not require women to register for the draft as well? Some believe that it's not fair but men have been doing it for years and nothing has really been said until now. If you want equal rights then stop complaining that things are unfair.

• Women want equal rights?

Times are changing.. Times are getting better, yet worse. Women are allowed into roles of combat, why cant we be drafted? Some women are stronger than men. Ladies, we arent princesses. We need to get our hands dirty. Because you get drafted, doesnt mean that you're going to go into combat. There are many jobs females can do and will NEED to do for the US Military. Truck drivers, nurses, pilots, emergency vehicle drivers, mechanics, etc. "we don't want to send our daughters to war" what about your sons? You can pack your son up and send him away, but cant do the same for "your little princess"? Come on now.. I FULLY support women being drafted.

• Woman should share the burden

I see the "no" voters keep saying: "women aren't physically strong enough". Well when it comes to strength there's a bell curve for each gender, and they overlap... Some women are stronger than some men. There should be a draft for all, and those that are physically capable should be selected, regardless of gender. They say that not all women are cut out for war.... They forget that the same is true for men, but that didn't keep them off the beaches of Normandy. Many fought and died for the country, while the "brave" women of the home front risked far less.

• Woman want to have equal rights

Equal voting rights and equal pay. Woman are not truly equal to men until they are required to sign up for the draft. What makes women more significant than men that they shouldn’t have to be in the draft? Woman should be required to sign up for the draft if they want to be considered completely equal to men.

• There is no such thing as selective equality.

Women's rights movements are about making women equal to men in today's modern society, but the vast majority of the time, they do not include women signing up for the draft. This is saying that women should be equal to men in every way that seems desirable, such as equal pay, while remaining unequal in less desire circumstances, the draft.

• Yes i agree

Because if they want equality or want to have right more than men then they need to be entered into the draft if they are are exact equal then this is what must happen, the only way that we are gonna please everyone is if we do this. As a wise man once said follow'ers care leaders don't give a damn

• I Think Everyone is Missing the Point

I'm reading a lot of angry people talk about how dumb this is and concerns about if both parents get sent to war. First, both parents will not be sent off to war. The military makes sure that a child is not left parentless, even currently when two parents are in the military. Go look it up. Second, not all the women being drafted will be on the frontline, there are other positions to fill as well. You all are being very sexist about this, as if women being forced off to war is worse than men being forced off to war. I think the draft is ridiculous and violates individual choice and if it were my way it would be abolished altogether. However, that is not the topic at hand. It would be a major step forward for the equality of the sexes if women were required to sign up for the selective service alongside men.

• This is the dumbest shit ever

Not all women are born with the capacity to fight in a war. Just because some have the desire to fight doesn't mean every other woman should be forced to if the draft was enacted. Also, do we really want to run into instances where both parents could be sent to war and children are left parentless??? Get a brain people

• Woman should not be be drafted

Woman should not be in the military BC woman's are weak and man's are strong so woman should stay home and rule the house why man go that just not right bc waman need to clean the houae. Plus woman have a lot of stress so I say no. So I refuse to woman's to go to the draft. I don't like this at all

• This shit is stupid

I don't think they should be required to join. If one girl wants to join the military that doesn't mean that every girl in the United States wants to join. Imagine watching your baby girl being born then when she is 18 watching her leave for the military, the fact of forcing someone to fight is ridiculous. The only time it should be relevant is if we are in a major war where volunteers are low

• This sight is rigged won't take my no vote and comment

This sight is not accurate. Should be closed down. I put in my comments twice. Not all women are cut out for battle. Someone needs to take care of their children. The family needs to be protected. God made men and women different on purpose. To have all women serve in the battlefield would be like massacring innocent lives.

• No, equal rights doesn't mean fighting in war

Men and women aren't the same. It isn't fair to make women and men deal with the same things because they are DIFFERENT. Men can't have children. They aren't equipped for that. Women can and are very good at it too. So why take away this chance for men to show off the only thing they got? "Physical Strength" Even though women got that too!

• The draft should be abolished

I believe that women should not have to register for the draft. I also believe that men should not have to register for the draft. The draft would only be necessary in the case of a massive war so unpopular that we would not be able to get volunteers. I don't believe that kind of war is one that the United States should fight anyways. The draft should be relegated to the dustbin of history.

• No, women shouldn't be required to sign up for the draft.

Women shouldn't be required to sign up for the draft, at least currently. Although it may seem sexist to say, women are often more involved in domestic pursuits than men. This is something we can look at from World War II, when women on the homefront were still just as brave as the men, but they were needed for various tasks domestically. Perhaps as times change we may change our minds, but at least one person from each couple is needed at home to look after the household.

• No and no should be required. Voluntary service only

I hate seeing comments that say women want equal rights and therefore should be drafted. I guess no one took a basic science course. Men are physically stronger than women so I never understand comments such those and that's always the basis for every yes argument but yet people fail to realize basic concepts.I also don't think anyone should involuntarily drafted. It isn't fair to anyone.

• I am a woman.

I'm a woman. Not every woman out there is screaming to join the military. Just because some women out there are wanting to do combat roles that does not mean that they speak for all women, nor should they. That is like saying just because some girls love cheerleading that all women may have to potentially become cheerleaders. Women are built differently than men, I know for a fact that I am not cut out for the military. I feel like men are physically more able to handle war in combat roles. I love the United States of America. I feel like it is the best country in the world and I love and support our military. My husband is in the military, my cousin serves, my father served and is retiring soon, my grandfather also served and is now retired, so I am not coming at this from an anti-military stand point. However I do feel like women should not have to draft.

• This shit is stupid