Should women be required to register for the draft now that they can fight in front line combat?

• Shocker women are people!

Everyone keeps saying I dont want my daughter to go out to war and die, what about your son. Because I sure dont want my son to go out to war and die any more than I want my daughter to. Everyone keeps saying daughter guess what im also a person not just some mans property and im fully capable of military service.

• Times are changing...

Women want equal rights, they should be required to register for the draft same as men. The enemies we could potentially face possess far greater numbers than we do, especially in the case of China whose active duty and reserves total to over 3 times the size of our ground forces, not including, Russia, North Korea, Iran or other enemies we could face on several fronts. Lessons from World War 2 will tell you that quantity will eventually overtake quality as was the case with the poorly skilled masses Russians overtaking the highly skilled Germans. Women have sat on the sidelines long enough, its time for them to increase the size of our forces and contribute.

• If women want the same rights that men have then yes they should have too.

If women today want equal rights then that means that they want all the rights men have which also means that they will get the right to register for the draft.. Yes women and men are different physically and yes IF there are kids SOMEONE needs to stay home to take care of them man or woman.. And no not every woman wants to join the draft but do you think every male wants to join? No not every single man of the age 18 want to join the draft but the law says we HAVE to register.. So in conclusion I do think women should have to register for the draft the same way men are forced to register..

• If women want equal rights like they say then they should be required to register..

• It's not about what you want

The draft is meant to enlist soldiers to supplement numbers when volunteers are low. It's not about if less females have the desire to serve than males. Your own wants and desires are immaterial in a draft. Nor is it about combat readiness; there are plenty of males who are physically unprepared for the rigors of the military yet must sign up for the draft regardless. Everyone should give an equal part to the defense of the nation, that is what equality is.

• They are Americans as well

It is not ethical to have women demand for equality and not provide them the less good equalities. The only way for total equality to occur is through total contribution, and enlisting women to the draft is the best way. Yes, not all women are qualified for the military, but not all men are qualified either and they still have to register.

• Equal Rights - Equal Responsibility

Our freedoms come at a cost that should be shared by all Americans regardless of gender. Women work along side of men in every other occupation, so why not the military? They are determined and capable and deserve the honor of possibly dying for their country just as men always have.

• They want "Full Equality" Then This Comes With It.

If women truly want full equality in all aspects then they need to sign up. You cant yell about not getting the same treatment and then refusing to sign up for something that ALL men 18-25 must do. Also in June this year the Senate voted and decided that women are required to sign up for the draft. All women who turn 18 on or after 2018 January 1st are required to sign up for the draft or face the same punishments as men who fail to do so.

• Heck yess s

Of course they should be. They want equal rights. Some of them say women can only have kids and the women should stay home and look after the kids. Dads can watch kids and you need a man to help make that baby you idiots. There is no reason that they shouldn't be

• No, equal rights doesn't mean fighting in war

Men and women aren't the same. It isn't fair to make women and men deal with the same things because they are DIFFERENT. Men can't have children. They aren't equipped for that. Women can and are very good at it too. So why take away this chance for men to show off the only thing they got? "Physical Strength" Even though women got that too!

• The draft should be abolished

I believe that women should not have to register for the draft. I also believe that men should not have to register for the draft. The draft would only be necessary in the case of a massive war so unpopular that we would not be able to get volunteers. I don't believe that kind of war is one that the United States should fight anyways. The draft should be relegated to the dustbin of history.

• No, women shouldn't be required to sign up for the draft.

Women shouldn't be required to sign up for the draft, at least currently. Although it may seem sexist to say, women are often more involved in domestic pursuits than men. This is something we can look at from World War II, when women on the homefront were still just as brave as the men, but they were needed for various tasks domestically. Perhaps as times change we may change our minds, but at least one person from each couple is needed at home to look after the household.

• No and no should be required. Voluntary service only

I hate seeing comments that say women want equal rights and therefore should be drafted. I guess no one took a basic science course. Men are physically stronger than women so I never understand comments such those and that's always the basis for every yes argument but yet people fail to realize basic concepts.I also don't think anyone should involuntarily drafted. It isn't fair to anyone.

• I am a woman.

I'm a woman. Not every woman out there is screaming to join the military. Just because some women out there are wanting to do combat roles that does not mean that they speak for all women, nor should they. That is like saying just because some girls love cheerleading that all women may have to potentially become cheerleaders. Women are built differently than men, I know for a fact that I am not cut out for the military. I feel like men are physically more able to handle war in combat roles. I love the United States of America. I feel like it is the best country in the world and I love and support our military. My husband is in the military, my cousin serves, my father served and is retiring soon, my grandfather also served and is now retired, so I am not coming at this from an anti-military stand point. However I do feel like women should not have to draft.

• This shit is stupid

I don't think they should be required to join. If one girl wants to join the military that doesn't mean that every girl in the United States wants to join. Imagine watching your baby girl being born then when she is 18 watching her leave for the military, the fact of forcing someone to fight is ridiculous. The only time it should be relevant is if we are in a major war where volunteers are low

• This shit is stupid

• This is the dumbest shit ever

Not all women are born with the capacity to fight in a war. Just because some have the desire to fight doesn't mean every other woman should be forced to if the draft was enacted. Also, do we really want to run into instances where both parents could be sent to war and children are left parentless??? Get a brain people

• Woman should not be be drafted

Woman should not be in the military BC woman's are weak and man's are strong so woman should stay home and rule the house why man go that just not right bc waman need to clean the houae. Plus woman have a lot of stress so I say no. So I refuse to woman's to go to the draft. I don't like this at all

• This sight is rigged won't take my no vote and comment

This sight is not accurate. Should be closed down. I put in my comments twice. Not all women are cut out for battle. Someone needs to take care of their children. The family needs to be protected. God made men and women different on purpose. To have all women serve in the battlefield would be like massacring innocent lives.