• The mother passes on antibodies to the baby through breastfeeding, and that make the baby stronger to resist disease.

A mother's breast milk has antibodies that the baby needs to help fight disease. Breastfeeding makes the baby stronger in fighting disease and infection. Mothers should use discretion in breastfeeding, such as using a private room or covering herself with a towel, so as not to embarrass others. But, it is the best way to help the baby, in the early months of their life.

Posted by: ddeathnote
  • I believe that women should breastfeed their babies, because it is best for the health of both the child and the mother.

Breast milk is the best food for infants. It provides a complete meal, with the perfect mix of vitamins, nutrients, protein, calories and fat. It also provides babies with much needed antibodies to strengthen their immune systems. It is proven that babies who were breastfed have fewer childhood illness and a reduced risk of obesity, later in life. For the mother, it helps her body heal after childbirth, by naturally shrinking her uterus. It helps her lose the extra baby weight, by keeping her metabolism high, and it provides some amount of natural infertility to prevent having another baby too quickly. Some studies even suggest that women who nurse multiple babies for six months or more are at significantly reduced risk for breast and other female cancers. Although not all women are able to breastfeed, if possible, it is the best way to feed a baby.

Posted by: MeatyClarence70
  • Women should breastfeed their babies, because it should be their choice to do so.

Women should breastfeed their babies, if they want to do so. The choice should be entirely up to the mother. Studies indicate that breast-fed babies are generally healthier than bottle-fed babies. Yet, this is a very personal decision and should be left up to the mother. Breastfeeding should be done in private.

Posted by: JamieM
  • Breastfed babies have a stronger bond to their mothers and are overall healthier.

As a breastfeeding mom, myself, I see the benefits of breastfeeding very clearly. My son sleeps better at night after nursing, is very healthy, spits up a little more than formula fed babies, but it doesn't smell nearly as bad. I think that breastfed babies are able to get nutrients and bonding time with mom that formula fed babies do not.

Posted by: MeatyMario87
  • I absolutely believe women should breastfeed their babies, because women's bodies were designed for this, and it is natural and healthier for the baby.

Women have breasts for the one purpose of breastfeeding a baby. It has been proven that breast milk is far more nutritious for the infant than man-made baby formula. It is sad that this modern society we live in is offended at seeing a woman breastfeeding her infant in public, when it is just the natural thing to do.

Posted by: DefectiveConrad72
  • Of course breastfeeding is best.

It is the milk that was made for babies point blank. How are human's here right now... Because way back when... meaning the 50's when formula was starting to be produced... Most women were breastfeeding. Meaning that IF IT WASN'T FOR WOMEN BREASTFEEDING THE HUMAN RACE NEVER WOULD HAVE SURVIVED!

• Yes, women should breastfeed their babies.

Women who are able should breastfeed their babies. It is more nutritious for infants than the chemicals in baby formula. Unfortunately, not all women are able to breastfeed their babies. Breastfeeding also creates a bond between the newborn and the mother, though not to say that women who are unable to breastfeed do not bond with their child. I think anytime that you can give your baby something natural instead of chemical, it is best. People should also make their own baby food as well in a food processor. Kids will eventually get enough chemicals in their bodies throughout life, but why not start them out in the healthiest way possible?

Posted by: babydollxix
  • I believe that women should absolutely breastfeed their children, because the health benefits to the child are many.

There are plenty of medical benefits to breastfeeding. Breastfeeding helps promote the child's growth better than artificial or non-human milks. It also provides the child with antibodies against infectious diseases, improving the chances that the child will be healthy. Medical benefits such as these should outweigh the social negatives, such as breastfeeding in public, or potential accidental exposure of a naked breast.

Posted by: J Le
  • Women should breastfeed their babies because breast milk has been proven to boost a baby's immune system.

While some people argue against breastfeeding because they feel it is disgusting or inappropriate, it is likely those people have forgotten that breastfeeding is a natural process meant to help the baby. The breast milk produced by the mother is usually allergen free for the child and it includes many essential nutrients that help a baby fend off potential illnesses. Not only does breastfeeding help boost a babies immune system but it also helps develop a bond between mother and child. While formulas have boasted that they are as good as breast milk they will never be able to fully replicate it and the bonding experience between mother and child will surely be lost.

Posted by: 5h3Insanity
  • Yes, they should unless there's a reason they can't, but it's up to the individual.

I think women ought to breastfeed their babies if it's possible, at least for a little while. It's better for a baby, it helps the mother lose weight, and it gives the infant time to get the closeness and nurturing that it needs for the beginning of life outside the womb. It is free, it is healthy for a baby and it's convenient, but really it is up to the mom as to what she thinks is best. I say do it if you can.

Posted by: PinkMych
  • Absolutely Not

I am a Psychologist and apon further review of this topic I have found that children Often develop Parinoia, Schizofrenia, Manic Depressive dissorder, and other diseases when breast fed.

• Formula is an equally wonderful choice. Baby's who are nurtured and loved do well. Feeding should be a choice and all mothers should be respected

I support breastfeeding wholeheartedly but believe formula provides an equally valid nutritional option. I was unable to breastfeed and thought our world would end, but my feelings of despair were due to breastfeeding propaganda and lack of information education and understanding about formula. Our son thrived on formula and our bond is so close and wonderful. He has rarely been sick and is a picture of health and very intelligent. I believe it is the time, energy love and mothering you do which shapes your child. Whether I breast or bottle fed in my view made no difference. I would only hope for more support for Mum's who formula feed.

Research this topic: Missouri