• Excuse me, what?

I literally just read the whole of the 'no' side of the argument, and I think my brain cells just died. We shouldn't make important decisions because we're irrational and emotional? There would be terrible trivial wars? Excuse me, but I've done just a little research and I've found that only 7 documented wars have been started by women and the rest have been started by men. And I know for a fact that men can be just as emotional as women.; I comforted a man today for something that really bothered him. Also, go back and learn some 10th grade biology, will you? All foetuses start biologically as women, but as the foetus starts to develop, the Y chromosome determines the sex. Since girls do not have a Y chromosome, the ovaries in the foetus descend into testicles, thus creating a man. So, all y'all started as girls. All that's separating us is a couple chromosomes. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Another thing, we are also not here to 'serve' men. You should be pretty damn glad that women would even consider having sex with you idiots; I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole.

• Why isn't this 100% Yes?

To be fully accurate, women are biologically stronger than men, and don't even need sperm to create babies anymore. Using bone marrow and eggs, you can create a human fetus, and it will always come out female. Basically, chauvinistic pigs like the ones saying no are not needed anymore, and they're simply afraid of the power females could hold against them if they were to get full equality. If it came down to it, the human race could become nothing but females. Even so, much less women are found to be murderers, or committing serious crimes at all. I understand fully that there are women that do these things and more, but it is a much smaller percentage. Most, if not all, shooters in the US have been Caucasian males in privileged families. Going back to my earlier statement of women being biologically stronger; women not only mature much faster, but they produce antibodies at incredible speeds, are less susceptible to cardiovascular diseases, and woman have a much higher pain tolerance due to having to live through childbirth and other things. Not only this, but women are much less likely to suffer from recessive disorders like colour blindness, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and hemophilia. To the ones voting no: your arguments are illogical and immoral, perhaps you would feel more at home in the Dark Ages?

• Of course women should have rights

This is coming from a young man (19, almost 20) who thinks that sometimes, some women abuse their 'equal rights' by having a go at men and getting in their faces, simply because they understand that most men aren't likely to do much about it just because it is seen as unacceptable to defend yourself against a female.

Anyway, to the main point of my argument. Why shouldn't women have rights? I mean, they are human and they have contributed a lot to society. Am I correct in believing that women played an absolutely HUGE role in the creation of the modern-day computer, and if it were not for that then we may not even be having this debate on this exact website.

Woman are people, just like men, and perhaps sometimes even better than men. Maybe if we had all women leaders of all countries, there would be less war.

• Women are people, and that is that.

1. Women gave birth to most of the men on the "No" side. If your mom hadn't given birth to you, where would you be? That's right, nonexistent.
    2. Do women have brains? Check. Are women living? Check. Are women able to speak and think logically? Check. What does this mean? This means that women are human beings, and all human beings are equal under the law, unless you want to take a look at that 14th Amendment again.
    3. This is expressly towards those sexist people on the other side of this debate: For some reason, I see the argument "But women are emotional and not as likely to think logically!" a lot. Well, newsflash: emotional isn't always bad. You can't say something is ALWAYS bad or ALWAYS good. I acknowledge that being emotional is sometimes bad, like when you are the military general and have to make a carefully thought-out decision, but why can't women do that too? (Refer to above: Women have brains.) And in battle, if you have to make a split-second decision and go with your first instinct, that will often turn out to be right.
    I'm sure there are other reasons (ex. Famous female leaders, women live on earth and get to have a say, etc.) but I'm not going to go into detail. I'm 12 years old and a so-called "weak girl" and I can tell you exactly why you are being sexist and misogynistic. That in itself should prove something, no? (P.S. I know there will be comments on my age. I really don't care. Flame away!)

• This is so sexist

THIS MAKES ME SOOOO MAD!!!!!!!! Women are just as great as men. Men are idiotic jerks, women and girls commit less crimes and behave better. Just think about it. HITLER WAS A GUY. OSAMA BIN LADEN WAS A GUY. ALL CRIMINALS ARE GUYS. MEN CAN MAKE THEIR OWN STUPID SANDWICHES. In a world without women, men would die. Everyone would steal and murder! Who teaches you all the good habits like honesty and kindness?? MOTHERS!!!!! WOMEN ARE HUMAN TOO. But to men we are all just sex symbols!!!!

• Please read this no matter what side you are on

Ok, before you go and keep proving your point, everyone, please read this. I am not saying women are better then men. I am saying they are EQUALS. And I think that some men think this debate is about who is better. It is not. It is about being EQUAL. Yes, I know some women will use the fact that they are a women to get things they want, and they act all sweet and innocent. I understand you think this is unfair. But that's not the point of this. The point is that women should be equal to men. And I promise you, not all women are like that, and the fact that people think that is just stereotyping us. All women have their own personalities. Some are tough. Some are smart. Some are sporty. And yes, some are rude or manipulating. But that doesn't mean everyone is. Please stop stereotyping us. Women and men are all human and they all deserve EQUALITY. I know to some people that may sound stupid, but when you are deprived of something, you will want to fight with every once of your being to get it back. That's why many women are saying these things. They are deprived. Deprived of equal rights. And just because women can vote and have jobs now doesn't mean everything is equal trust me. Also,must because women have been deprived for a very long time does not mean it should keep going. I mean, racism and slaves was wrong and it also went on for a long time, but luckily, people realized it was wrong. Women feel very strongly about this topic, and many men do too. I have so much more to say, but I don't have the time or room for it all. So please, I hope this helps to shine a little light on this question, and I hope you can understand the people who say yes a little better now. If not, I hope and pray one day you will be able to see that men and women are equal. And those of you who said yes, thank you. Keep fighting for what's right.

• Women are equal in every way, the bible is a lie. Don't believe in lies

Citing the bible to make an argument that women should not have rights is like citing a harry potter book to prove the existence of voldemort. I am frankly astonished that anybody would claim that women should not have rights, but I am not surprised in the least by the proliferation of bible thumping morons that use their irrational belief in a religious pseudo icon as the basis of their argument. God, doesn't exist, the bible is a series of lies and stories told to frighten the people into submission and if you actually believe that drivel you need to have your head checked. There is no proof in any way that women are inferior to men, infact, there is evidence from NASA that suggests women are actually better suited to space flight and high G maneuvering due to their general low body weight vs bone structure/ strength. Women should be revered not feared.

• IS this a JOKE

Ok ok ok, first of all, women CREATED men so for everyone who says that woman are "inferior", you obviously don't understand the reproductive system. Second off, for everyone who says that women can't run things, literally not a SINGLE person would understand that because us WOMEN have never had the CHANCE to run things you idiot morons. Now another thing, some people have stated that you "cant expect them to make their own sandwiches" well, if you cant make a god damn sandwich, why the hell should i trust you to run the entire FREAKING COUNTRY you uncultured swine. Now. The problem with men, is that they think they are so entitled and that everything has to result in a fight because men just loooveeee showing their superiority. I mean, who caused the holocaust? Hitler? Oh right and it just so happens, he. Was. A. Man. Im just going to end this here though, but all men should know that they would be NOTHING without us women, so you should start respecting us, or should have a long long time ago.

• Wo-MAN Vs. MAN

Obviously we were made to be equal. We have man in our name. There's no difference. We were all made the same. Yes, we may have different parts but other than that we are all capable of almost the same things. A woman can do just about anything a man can do and if you aren't happy about that then, oh well. Women may be "emotional" or "hormonal" but they can be tough also. Never underestimate anyone, they can be capable of anything.

• I am a person.

I am a person. I can think rationally and logically. I am a teacher and a mother. I have a brain, and while it may work differently that a mans, it can definitely can give something valuable to humanity. I am a woman and I have a place in this world that deserves respect. I can and will make decision that will affect the planet regardless of what men decided for me. Until we can work together and respect each other, the world will burn.

• No, women should not have rights

I honestly don't beleive that women should have rights. They have proven to be excessively emotional and irrational. When decisions in society are being made i want to be assured that they are doing so in a calm, rational, and non-hormonal state of mind. I do not beleive that women are capable of doing this.

• Not at all!!!

They didn't back in the 1800s why should they now. A married couple shouldn't have to worry about mis-communication due to the wife not being loyal to the husband as The Bible says. So all in all women shouldn't gain the right to jobs or voting. This is my case.

• What is wrong with you?

Okay, I only pressed no so that I could point something out. The men (judging by their opinions) who wrote the comments under this one are complete idiots. There HAS to be equality. I mean, just because you were made before women doesn't mean you're superior. After all, you're the rough copy making women the final masterpiece.

• Not even a real person

I believe we were put here for Men, so why should we have rights if we're supposed to be property anyway? Things are just a lot easier when we do what Men say and don't bother questioning it. I don't know how anyone can think we're "people" like Men are, let alone that we're equal.

• Very interesting question

First of all, I would like to point out that this is a very chauvinistic question. If I had to argue about whether both genders should have equal rights, I would phrase it like this: Should women and men have equal rights? Or at least like this: Why shouldn't women have rights?
    I clicked no because there were way too many comments on the yes side, and I would like for someone to actually read this. Obviously the people on the NO side are all christian, and they use for their arguments misinterpreted fragments from the bible. I will be realistic, religion and gender are not the deciding factors regarding what you think about gender equality. There are very many chauvinistic women as well as men.
    Anyway, back to the point. Should women have rights? My answer is this. Today women and men have (at least in the legal system) equal rights. That is the reality, and I think it is natural. If someone questions whether this should be changed, I will ask them to explain their opinion with an argument based on sound thoughts and facts, supported by REAL evidence, and specific examples (not on misinterpreted texts from the bible, or whatever other religous myth they believe in).
    I have read much on the internet about people's opinions, and talked to many people of different nationalities, ages and genders, and so far I haven't heard many sound reasons as to why equal rights should not exist. So far every opinion or comment that I read on the internet, that implies or states that woman is the inferior gender (including the comment that I read here), does NOT present a convincing argument, does NOT demonstrate intellect, and does not give any acceptable explanation as to why women are "inferior". The fact that chauvinists like to generalize, or concentrate on one very specific story that supposedly proves that they are right, or that they often use the bible to justify gender inequality only makes it clear that they have no better explanation. This means in fact, that an acceptable argument that explains why gender equality is wrong, does not exist, and if it does no one seems to know what it is.

• An Excellent Debate

First off, thanks for posting this: it's an excellent question that should have more relevance in today's society. As it was proven with science during the Enlightenment, women have smaller brains, less faculty, and a general incompetence compared to men. The incredible array of accomplishments witnessed in the world have been by men. Women have a valuable place in society: head of the home, which is equally important in the success of a civilization. Thus, there is no need for them to be politically active, or contribute to the matters of state and science.

• Not equal rights, just rights

They should have their own rights, but not the same rights as the man has.
    They won't ever handle it.
    Girls are weak and they are made to be protected by the man, also they can't take the responsability the same way, they can't command anything as a man can and they are weak to emotions.

• It's called the 2nd Amendment!

It is called the second amendment! It is our right as Americans to have the right to defend ourselves. If gun control is increased, we won't be able to defend ourselves. You think that terrorists and drug lords are going to follow gun rules? They WON'T! It just makes it easier for them to kill you.

• They are inferrior in every way

Try and think of any women that has every made any significant contribution to society. Tough, right? That's because they are non-existant. I just want to give you a few facts about women: Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, and, here's the kicker, HELLEN KELLER. I think I've made my point. Yoast.

• Women should not have rights

I used to be a feminist but around fourteen years ago my eyes were opened. The truth may be sad but it's true just the same - we're not on the same level as men in any area of life. Science shows that we are actually not fully human in the same way as men being closer than men to the apes in our DNA and as such we're not really people in the true sense of the words. So we have to take second place in life and accept male headship as the proper way that society ought to be.

Rami says2015-05-14T11:43:28.777
Okay, someone here wants to wallow in pity...
Arget says2017-01-27T09:27:53.797
This is much more fair than basing it on gender:

The ultimate test for being a person and deserving of rights, to be humane.

Having or showing compassion or benevolence.
"regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals"
synonyms: compassionate, kind, considerate, understanding, sympathetic, tolerant; lenient, forbearing, forgiving, merciful, mild, gentle, tender, clement, benign, humanitarian, benevolent, charitable; caring, solicitous; warmhearted, tenderhearted, softhearted
"the humane treatment of animals"
antonyms: cruel

The people that voted no and meant it have failed this test, thus they shouldn't have rights until they are capable of passing this test. It is said that people are more understanding and compassionate when something has effected them personally (either directly or by a family member or good friend). I hope so for the sake of all of you being able to pass the test quickly.
Arget says2017-01-27T09:31:19.017

"the humane treatment of animals"
antonyms: cruel