• Equality in Contemporary Society

Unless someone lives in a cave, today's contemporary society should offer equal rights to everyone no matter what. Women are vital parts of our communities. Equal rights for women is a no-brainer issue. Women aren't property nor are they cattle. That may have been true 100 years ago, but not today.

• Of course women should have rights.

What separates a man from a woman aside from genitalia? We are intelligent people who should be entitled to our own opinions and our own rights. We should never be forced to wear head gear that covers our faces or to have the right to speak up when we feel something. The way some women are treated in certain countries really disgusts me.

• Yes, Women Should Have Rights

There is no question that women should have the same and equal rights as men. They have the ability, can obtain the same education, and for the most part contribute to society in the same way as a man. The decision to allow rights should not be based on gender, but could be on other criteria, but it would be a true injustice to benefit from the contributions of women without bestowing the same rights as men.

• Yes, Women Should Have Rights

Women should have the right to do and say anything that is legal in their jurisdiction. Rights should be extended to all human beings. The denial of basic rights is a grave injustice, and just as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” No truer words have ever been said.

• Of course

Rights are not something that can be handed out to just one sex. Both men and women should have rights and be treated equally. Also to that comment about women being irrational and emotional.... Men can be a bit irrational and emotional as well.... Hitler, George Bush, Fred Phelps gets pretty irrational and emotional, and as much as i love his art lets face it Van Gogh cut of his ear because of his emotional state. Men and women can both be overly emotional and irrational but that doesn't mean we don't deserve rights.

• Yes, women should in fact have rights.

The whole topic about women having rights is a waste of time and lives. Women should have rights no matter what. Without women having the right to get a job, or vote, then there wouldn't be as many teachers and then the votes wouldn't be as fair for either candidate! When God died for us, he said he died for ALL human beings. "Let us make man in our image."- God said. The word woman come from man. In general, women are the exact same as men, just that they have a different body and way of controlling motions. But, without the difference between the two, then we would all be like identical twins.

• Just as Good

Women should have equal rights because they are humans like men and can make informed decisions about their lives just as well as men can. They can make decisions just like men. The only reason people think men should have more power is because they are stronger and believe that they can force women into things which is not true. Women are just as capable as men!

• It's a problem that this even needs to be debated.

The argument that women are 'emotional and irrational' is an idiotic statement. Both genders have emotions, and both genders can make bad decisions, so are people actually complaining about being human? To say that women shouldn't have rights because of their 'hormonal state' is ridiculous, and for people who look down on women as 'weaker' because they give birth, we all wouldn't be here without women!
    It seems that many people actually think that women make more rational and thought out decisions. If we want to discuss bad decisions, maybe we should talk about all the wars that have been started by men, and the fact that Hitler was a man, and he made really bad decisions. Or the fact that when greedy men 'owned' their women, the world wasn't a good place.
    Equality shouldn't have to be discussed, as there are stupid men, and stupid women out in the world. Both men and women have contributed to the society, and we wouldn't be here with all these technological advances if it weren't for men AND women.

• Women aren't the 'weaker kind'

Why shouldn't women get to vote, get to work, get to decide if she wants a abortion? Women aren't weak. Women are possibly even stronger then men. Men don't have to give birth, men don't get periods cramps every month. We are the same. I think that the men who say that women shouldn't have rights, should look in the mirror one time, and see how pathetic they are. They are some bunch of assholes who think they are better than everyone else. But they are not. They disgust me. And the argument 'because of their emotional state' is total bullocks. Yes, some women are more emotional than men. But theres nothing wrong with that. Women have sympathy. And a lot of men could learn something from that.

• Yes, women are just as capable as men.

Women should definitely be able to have rights because they can contribute just as much as men. In today's world women fight in wars and have regular jobs. Women now a days do a stupendous job in whatever they do. Women are well dedicated and work their hardest in what they do. So, women should have rights because they work just as hard as men and do a good job at what they do.

• Women dont deserve rights

Women are stupid and shouldnt have rights because they should be in the kitchen. If they aren't in the kitchen then how am i supposed to live? I can't feed myself, I'm a man. You can't expect a guy to spend all of his time in the kitchen unless he is better than a women, which never happens

• No, women should not have rights

I honestly don't beleive that women should have rights. They have proven to be excessively emotional and irrational. When decisions in society are being made i want to be assured that they are doing so in a calm, rational, and non-hormonal state of mind. I do not beleive that women are capable of doing this.

• Women should never have gotten rights to begin with!

Things slowly went down hill once we were granted rights. I as a woman believe I shouldn't have rights. I shouldn't have to go to school because the greatest joy a woman can have is serving her family. I shouldn't be allowed to vote on the president, if women Wernt able to vote in the first place we wouldn't have to worry about these women running for office thinking they can do a mans job. Finally abortion came from woman's rights. Women said oh look I have all this power I should have the right over my own body too and should be allowed to kill my own child . It's sick. Bring back the good days were the wife is waiting for the husband at home!!!!

• Woman are dumb

There is a reason that there has never been a woman president, women are not capable of doing the same types of important jobs that males can do. Men’s sports are also 50,000 times more important than women’s, there was a study done on Sportsnation asking if you would rather find $5 or have your local WBNA team win the championship, 90% chose the $5. This proves that people literally value $5 more than a championship from a women’s sport organization. Men are usually the only ones who can make logical, smart decisions so why should women be given the rights to do something they can obviously not do. Woman are stupid and do not deserve to vote or do anything other than remedial labor inside of the house. I don’t blame women for not having the same capabilities as men, it’s not their fault, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that they are not as capable and influential as men. If you look back in history almost all of the most important, life-changing people are men, not women. Martin Luther King, George Washington, Jackie Robinson, Abraham Lincoln, the list goes on and on and on. I could sit here naming influential people and would be able to name 100 extremely influential men, and roughly 2 influential women. Men are the reason we have a free country, when we went to war women were not the ones sacrificing their lives, it was the men impacting the world just like we always do. According to Forbes the 4 most powerful people on this planet are all men, and 66 out of the 72 most powerful people in the world are men. Also according to the US census Bureau, the 12 deadliest diseases of the 20th century were cured by men, not women. Not only socially, but also physically, men are the dominating gender. This now becomes not a matter of opinion, but science. It is a fact that men are stronger, faster, and more athletic than women, so why pretend they are on equal terms? Women were not meant for the same things as men. Men were built for the harder work, the more demanding things in life, although women give birth they would have no way to make this happen without men. Women are there to hold together these pieces. They are essential in society; much in the way that the stitching is essential to a quilt. Essential, but are not seen or noticed while the patches bask in the hard-earned glory.

• Sandwich makers are needed

Who is going to make me a sandwich when I get home from work if women can have rights and actually do things. God forbid someone let them make their own decisions, let alone vote. Have you seen them fly off the hook when they find out that you're sleeping with another woman? It is my right to take as many wives as I so please, since the bible said so. Also, if they have rights, they can drive. If we fix this serious issue, we should be able to significantly reduce costs to society by reducing accidents. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR WOMAN IS? If she's not in the kitchen or in the bedroom, something is wrong.

• Men created everything.

All things valuable to mankind were created by men only, thus only men can have rights to use them. Women got their rights without effort. Women did not prove they can be responsible. Women abuse the concept of responsibility. Women are too emotional and they do not think logically. That's it.

• God is here to guide us, Women are here to serve us.

I'm not saying women shouldn't have any rights, I just don't think they should have equal rights. Because (no offense) they're not equal. Men are more intelligent and contribute more to society then women do. Women are simply here to help support men (washing our clothes, cooking our meals, having sex with us etc.) Women should be honored that we allow them to serve us.

• Not even a real person

I believe we were put here for Men, so why should we have rights if we're supposed to be property anyway? Things are just a lot easier when we do what Men say and don't bother questioning it. I don't know how anyone can think we're "people" like Men are, let alone that we're equal.

• They would bleed all over society.

Men have proven to be more superior, who has ever heard of a successful woman putting in long hours at any job they do? None. When there is a difficult situation that needs to be solved, a man will step in and take control, what would a woman do? They would cry about it and ask their male co-workers to do their work for them and still take credit as being a strong woman, it is sad really. Oh well, I think women already know that men are laughing about their weakness.

• Not at all!!!

They didn't back in the 1800s why should they now. A married couple shouldn't have to worry about mis-communication due to the wife not being loyal to the husband as The Bible says. So all in all women shouldn't gain the right to jobs or voting. This is my case.

Rami says2015-05-14T11:43:28.777
Okay, someone here wants to wallow in pity...
Arget says2017-01-27T09:27:53.797
This is much more fair than basing it on gender:

The ultimate test for being a person and deserving of rights, to be humane.

Having or showing compassion or benevolence.
"regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals"
synonyms: compassionate, kind, considerate, understanding, sympathetic, tolerant; lenient, forbearing, forgiving, merciful, mild, gentle, tender, clement, benign, humanitarian, benevolent, charitable; caring, solicitous; warmhearted, tenderhearted, softhearted
"the humane treatment of animals"
antonyms: cruel

The people that voted no and meant it have failed this test, thus they shouldn't have rights until they are capable of passing this test. It is said that people are more understanding and compassionate when something has effected them personally (either directly or by a family member or good friend). I hope so for the sake of all of you being able to pass the test quickly.
Arget says2017-01-27T09:31:19.017

"the humane treatment of animals"
antonyms: cruel