• Women should be equal

I am a young girl (11 turning 12) and I am amazed that I am Living in a world where I will be told to stay in the kitchen. It is completely awful that these men think that women are too dumb and emotional too contribute to society we live in.

• Why the fuck is this even a question?!

Anyone who attempts to make a case for women not being allowed basic rights, is making a strong case for stupid people not be allowed opinions. Or the chance to procreate for that matter.

Women being denied all rights is probably the only chance these morons have of getting laid.

• No Elaboration Needed

Why would this even be a question? Why would this even be a question? Why would this even be a question? Why is this even a question? Why are people even asking this question? Why would WE need to justify being treated like HUMAN BEINGS, you moronic mouth-breathers?! Seriously. Grow up.

• We are all idiots

This is honestly kinda adorable to look at, i mean seriously, we all look like little babies fighting over a dummy. Firstly women make many mistakes AND SO DO MEN. If you can actually be so sexist to come on here and dis men or women, you have a serious problem. All of us are equal, no matter how many wrong things we do. Men commit crime, women do the same, women commit adultry and work for strip clubs, men do the same. Women fight about how big their tits are, men do the same with how big their dicks are. At the end of the day, we are ALL idiots and thats what makes us come to this place and speak out a bunch of nonsense.

• Why woman should have rights. ( why the heck is only 57 percent saying yes?!?!?)

(To men) If you think, would you want your daughter, wife or mother to not have the rights you have or to think because god made them differently they aren't good enough to have the same rights as men the Declaration of Independence says "We the People" not we the men. We have different body structures but there is no helping that we might think differently too but us women have achieved many things would you judge someone based how they looked. Women have done many things and will accomplish many more things we are all equal. (note this is an 11 year old girl righting her thoughts so the grammar won't be the best)

• Why are we even having this debate?

I don't understand. Even after living in a 21st century, 43% people think that women should have no rights whatsoever other than rights in the kitchen? To all those people out there who are saying things like, women never provided any help in wars or in curing diseases or anything else in history, can you please check your books and tell me how women were treated in our history?
    You see, for someone to be able to contribute something, the person needs to have some input. Women never had that. They were expected to stay at home, with minimal education. Still, we have Marie Curie. Do you know why? Because she got proper education. So imagine, had we been provided with proper education from the start, what wonders many of us could have made!
    Even now, most of the time, women are expected to curb their outdoor activities as soon as they get married or have a child! Many times, it is the women who just throw away their years' hard work, just to be a good mother! So tell me, just because the father isn't curbing his outdoor activities, does it mean that he is doing a bad job as a dad?
    Consider women as humans. I feel so maddeningly furious right now that I can't help but laugh. I mean, how the hell is this question even valid this day?
    I know people portray women as a light, purity, soft and kind... Look, we women can be as shrewd as men are given the circumstances. We have brains and we can think, except few who think we should keep on listening to our "Men Superiors"!
    This debate is funny! The ones speaking against are even funnier!
    Oh my god! My stomach hurts from laughing so much!
    This type of questions are still valid! People with this stupid mentality still remains!
    Hahahaha!
    Guess what? There is never any end to discovering and learning new things!
    So all ladies and gentlemen who have spoken against, thank you for giving me a good laugh.
    I take my leave.

• This is the problem

Ok so I have read all the argument on why woman should not have rights and it is because they are female that is not ok if we where females you feel this is un fair and un just and an FYI women are not just sex dispensers if you want to be a slut go to a strip club (yes if girls can be a slut for having a lot of sex partners then so can a man ) and be a slut then be my gest O no if women are not aloud rights they have to stay ho cook and clean strip clubs would not exist any more but my final point is this are 50% of the work force so if women where to only be stay at home moms then the economy would drastically plummet and there is no way any man would ever possibly not even school so that is all I have to say on the matter

• I can't believe this is even a debate.

Why are women any different from men? We're humans. We're alive. We're just as capable as you are. Don't think that just because you are a man you are better than others. Gender is not something we choose. We were born this way. If you were born a female would your opinions change? "Stupid", "irrational", "just here to serve". HELLO? WAKE UP. Where is your evidence? Who do you think you are? If you think women are stupid just take a good look at yourself.

• Women are humans and should be treated as such.

Women are human beings and are therefore capable of having rational thoughts. Every single man writing on this article has horrible grammar, yet I am in eighth grade and whipping your pitiful asses with my intelligence. Has a woman ever started a war? I don't think so. Look at people like Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, and Josef Mengele (an Auchwitz doctor who forced parents to kill their own children after pouring bleach onto their eyeballs). I can't think of anyone like that except for maybe Bloody Mary.

• Women 100% deserve equal rights

After reading the "no" side, I have a few things to say. Women are in fact needed to reproduce, men can't gestate a child for nine months. If all the women in the world were gone, men would die out within a few years because they can't reproduce. It's actually possible now for females to have children without men with bone marrow.
    Women are in fact living, breathing creatures. All living sentient creatures deserve rights, including women. Men need to get off their high horses. Women are no better and NO WORSE than men. Women are not their slaves, sex toys, or objects. Women are in no way required to bow down to any man. Women treat other men with respect, just as men are expected to treat women, but they should never be expected to submit to men.
    If men can't make sandwiches, I most definitely don't want them running the country. According to many of the "no" arguments, it seems that men are incapable of doing things for themselves without a woman.
    Also. Many of the "no" side says that women were never important figures in the past. You can't use that argument because women were never allowed to be. It was looked down upon in society. Women who were "in power" back then were generally rare because men refused to allow a woman to act as such. Women are breaking free of the grip of men. Men say they "allow" women anything, when women are not slaves and can make perfectly logical decisions for themselves.
    I don't agree with anything I've read on the "no" side. Much of it is false and from sexist people who believe they are better than women. It's really sad actually.

• Women dont deserve rights

Women are stupid and shouldnt have rights because they should be in the kitchen. If they aren't in the kitchen then how am i supposed to live? I can't feed myself, I'm a man. You can't expect a guy to spend all of his time in the kitchen unless he is better than a women, which never happens

• No, women should not have rights

I honestly don't beleive that women should have rights. They have proven to be excessively emotional and irrational. When decisions in society are being made i want to be assured that they are doing so in a calm, rational, and non-hormonal state of mind. I do not beleive that women are capable of doing this.

• Women should never have gotten rights to begin with!

Things slowly went down hill once we were granted rights. I as a woman believe I shouldn't have rights. I shouldn't have to go to school because the greatest joy a woman can have is serving her family. I shouldn't be allowed to vote on the president, if women Wernt able to vote in the first place we wouldn't have to worry about these women running for office thinking they can do a mans job. Finally abortion came from woman's rights. Women said oh look I have all this power I should have the right over my own body too and should be allowed to kill my own child . It's sick. Bring back the good days were the wife is waiting for the husband at home!!!!

• Woman are dumb

There is a reason that there has never been a woman president, women are not capable of doing the same types of important jobs that males can do. Men’s sports are also 50,000 times more important than women’s, there was a study done on Sportsnation asking if you would rather find $5 or have your local WBNA team win the championship, 90% chose the $5. This proves that people literally value $5 more than a championship from a women’s sport organization. Men are usually the only ones who can make logical, smart decisions so why should women be given the rights to do something they can obviously not do. Woman are stupid and do not deserve to vote or do anything other than remedial labor inside of the house. I don’t blame women for not having the same capabilities as men, it’s not their fault, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that they are not as capable and influential as men. If you look back in history almost all of the most important, life-changing people are men, not women. Martin Luther King, George Washington, Jackie Robinson, Abraham Lincoln, the list goes on and on and on. I could sit here naming influential people and would be able to name 100 extremely influential men, and roughly 2 influential women. Men are the reason we have a free country, when we went to war women were not the ones sacrificing their lives, it was the men impacting the world just like we always do. According to Forbes the 4 most powerful people on this planet are all men, and 66 out of the 72 most powerful people in the world are men. Also according to the US census Bureau, the 12 deadliest diseases of the 20th century were cured by men, not women. Not only socially, but also physically, men are the dominating gender. This now becomes not a matter of opinion, but science. It is a fact that men are stronger, faster, and more athletic than women, so why pretend they are on equal terms? Women were not meant for the same things as men. Men were built for the harder work, the more demanding things in life, although women give birth they would have no way to make this happen without men. Women are there to hold together these pieces. They are essential in society; much in the way that the stitching is essential to a quilt. Essential, but are not seen or noticed while the patches bask in the hard-earned glory.

• Men created everything.

All things valuable to mankind were created by men only, thus only men can have rights to use them. Women got their rights without effort. Women did not prove they can be responsible. Women abuse the concept of responsibility. Women are too emotional and they do not think logically. That's it.

• Sandwich makers are needed

Who is going to make me a sandwich when I get home from work if women can have rights and actually do things. God forbid someone let them make their own decisions, let alone vote. Have you seen them fly off the hook when they find out that you're sleeping with another woman? It is my right to take as many wives as I so please, since the bible said so. Also, if they have rights, they can drive. If we fix this serious issue, we should be able to significantly reduce costs to society by reducing accidents. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR WOMAN IS? If she's not in the kitchen or in the bedroom, something is wrong.

• God is here to guide us, Women are here to serve us.

I'm not saying women shouldn't have any rights, I just don't think they should have equal rights. Because (no offense) they're not equal. Men are more intelligent and contribute more to society then women do. Women are simply here to help support men (washing our clothes, cooking our meals, having sex with us etc.) Women should be honored that we allow them to serve us.

• Not even a real person

I believe we were put here for Men, so why should we have rights if we're supposed to be property anyway? Things are just a lot easier when we do what Men say and don't bother questioning it. I don't know how anyone can think we're "people" like Men are, let alone that we're equal.

• They would bleed all over society.

Men have proven to be more superior, who has ever heard of a successful woman putting in long hours at any job they do? None. When there is a difficult situation that needs to be solved, a man will step in and take control, what would a woman do? They would cry about it and ask their male co-workers to do their work for them and still take credit as being a strong woman, it is sad really. Oh well, I think women already know that men are laughing about their weakness.

• Not at all!!!

They didn't back in the 1800s why should they now. A married couple shouldn't have to worry about mis-communication due to the wife not being loyal to the husband as The Bible says. So all in all women shouldn't gain the right to jobs or voting. This is my case.

Rami says2015-05-14T11:43:28.777
Okay, someone here wants to wallow in pity...
Arget says2017-01-27T09:27:53.797
This is much more fair than basing it on gender:

The ultimate test for being a person and deserving of rights, to be humane.

Having or showing compassion or benevolence.
"regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals"
synonyms: compassionate, kind, considerate, understanding, sympathetic, tolerant; lenient, forbearing, forgiving, merciful, mild, gentle, tender, clement, benign, humanitarian, benevolent, charitable; caring, solicitous; warmhearted, tenderhearted, softhearted
"the humane treatment of animals"
antonyms: cruel

The people that voted no and meant it have failed this test, thus they shouldn't have rights until they are capable of passing this test. It is said that people are more understanding and compassionate when something has effected them personally (either directly or by a family member or good friend). I hope so for the sake of all of you being able to pass the test quickly.
Arget says2017-01-27T09:31:19.017

"the humane treatment of animals"
antonyms: cruel