Should women have to register for selective service?

Asked by: Fanny
  • Yes, its only fair

All these people talking about equality and equal rights and one human race blah blah blah it only makes sense that they would also support a female draft. After all, they already are in our military and now allowed in front line combat so why not? Equal rights, equal responsibility. And no, not all people who are drafted will be assigned to frontline combat. But to be fair, 50% should be women. They can nag our opponents to death lol

• Yes they should

If men do, why can't women? This is another example of many sexist boundaries still today in our country. If a women wants to sign up, let her. Also, women are humans and citizens to. Just because they are genetically different doesnt give a reason they can't join. Plus, the more people, the better.

• Can't have everything on life.

If women wants the same rights as men then they should register. If women wants to stay at home taking care of children then they cannot have the same rights as men. Easy as that. There are no excuses. Equality is for everything or nothing. Besides, people always tell youngers to have kids after 30 so you can work and enjoy your life. We do not fight with swords, we fight with guns, so strengh is kinda useless.

• Can't have everything on life.

• Can't have everything on life.

• Can't have everything on life.

• Can't have everything on life.

• Can't have everything on life.

• Can't have everything on life.

• Can't have everything on life.

• No, must maintain population

Men don't deal with child birth, in exchange we are in charge of protection. Seems a fair trade to me. Also, in the event that many must die in war it's better to have an excess of women in the population than men. Rebuild of population would be faster. Basic reason men have been expected to fight and women to stay home. If a woman wants to enter into combat, fine, but the idea of drafting women is a terrible one. The average woman has not evolved to handle warfare. If average woman were as aggressive as men we probably die out along time ago

• Just no way

Not all of us have the luxury of someone caring for our children in our absence and I don't trust anyone else to care for my four children except my husband and myself. I think it's ridiculous to require women to sign up. Women should voluntarily be allowed. That's all.

• Just no way

• What about feminine women?

As a feminine woman, I shudder at the idea of having to be involved in the rigors and aggression of the military and potential war. It's very unlike my nature. I am scared of being exposed to this stuff and having to live against my feminine nature. I feel men are more suited to this role as are women who actually have the inclination to want to be in such an environment. I have never been a feminist and I hate that such women have brought this potential burden to all women.

• Seems a bit pointless

I am all for equal rights, but this just doesn't seem to be worth it. When reserves are called, it is because of a war and the low soldier count. Women can't even be on the battlefield, so what's the point in bringing them? It would seem like a waste if they can't even serve next to the men, but also left the children. Which is another thing, who would look after the children? Lots of people don't have relatives that can help the kid, and take them in. If a woman wants to help do something, then they can join. But weaker women who aren't allowed to even fight shouldn't have too, because it overall, seems wasteful,

• Watch population skyrocket

There's a reason why every society in the history of the world has had roles for men, and roles for women, and it's not difficult to see why. FEMALES are granted the beautiful gift of carry a baby and forming a bond with their offspring. Men are not. Neither gender is better, but different. Lose 10,000 men, our population will bounce back. Lose 10,000 women, it will not. There will be so many hundreds of women getting pregnant to avoid going to war - which we are not NATURALLY, PHYSICALLY prepared for - and I would certainly be one of them. Embrace the difference :) No, we're not equal. Knock it off.

• You take our sons and kill them and now you want our daughters too?

What is wrong with everyone. At some point in socialism we always see the breakdown of the family unit. That is what this is, dont try to disguise it. This used to be a free republic, now it is a machine of totalitarian control. Now politicians can selfishly murder our sons and our daughters for pointless causes. Dont forget the U.S. Funded ISIS / ISIL.

• I do not believe woman should have to register for selective service.

In my opinion, and I don’t want to sound “old fashioned,” but I do not believe all women are built strong enough to protect fellow soldiers if sent into combat. I do believe that many women are very capable of being in the service, but I believe they should be voluntarily involved. If women want to enlist I believe they do have the right to do so and they should always be allowed that right.

• No more wars. No more soldiers.

I absolutely do not trust our government and their judgment with where they choose to send our troops to fight. And to have women potentially drafted is more people the government has control over. And I refuse to allow anyone I know volunteer for the military until we xan go a half century without fighting a useless war.

• My mom said so

Women are mothers and they could risk leaving their children if they get drafted
    We need to keep women safe to repopulate, because men don't go through childbirth
    Physically women are not as strong as men.
    Some people would be happier because it is only fair to have both men and women be registered