• Yes women should be able to serve

Women should have the option to serve in the infantry. While it is true that women are physically different then men, wars now a days are fought with weapons, not hand to hand or with swords. The excuse that women are too weak to fight is old fashioned and patently untrue. As long as they are capable of passing the same physical standards as the men in their unit, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to fight.
    Women are just as capable of bravery and patriotism as men and denying them the chance to serve and protect their country is wrong. Women in the US can be firefighters or police officers, two jobs that are also physically stressful and dangerous. It is time that the military accepts women into the infantry as the asset they are.

• Yes, if they're qualified.

As long as they're qualified, and can pass all the same testing that men are required to pass, then yes, they should. However, any requirements must be kept exactly the same to ensure the safety of everyone in the unit. The hard fact is, many women are simply not as strong as men, and therefore may not be capable of doing all the jobs men can do.

• If they want to, sure

As long as they're put through the same tests to earn their right to be on the front lines, I have no problem with them being there should they desire to be. An entire gender isn't wired the same way, it's foolish to think there are no women that are capable of performing this job.

• Women should serve

Don't see why not. If a woman wants to join the infantry, by all means let her. I don't see any cons to this. More people join...What's not to like. Women are physically weaker than men, but it's not like women can't do anything. A lot of people make it sound like women are the weakest beings to ever walk the planet. Women are weaker, but they can still be strong. If women want to join, why not?

• Women Should Serve

While women are physically weaker than men, I still support women being in the infantry. Women could still fight. I highly doubt ALL women are as weak as the opposing side seem to believe. I don't know much about the army, but couldn't we segregate men and women? Again, I don't know a lot about the military, but I believe stationing men and women independently would be a good idea. Women should be given the opportunity to join, no doubt in my mind.

Lastly, you get more people in the infantry. I don't see any cons to that.

• Yes, women should serve in the infantry

• Of course they should!!!

I'm only 15 and I do want to join the army. I have a pretty good idea what it's like in combat and you know what? Women are not worse than men in any type of combat! In hand to hand fighting I can beat boys and I have a better aim in shooting than my uncle who was in the army. Excuses are just excuses. Biology is right but with training we can do anything! If you say no, because women shouldn't be at risk or they can't handle it either mentally or physically, well you are stupid, because you are showing the differences between the two genders and exaggerating them to make them more visible only because YOU are too weak, but there are more women then you can imagine who would love to join the infantry. And they should be able to!!!

• Yes women should be allowed

Not allowing women to fight just as men do is obviously unjust. Women have the same mental capacity as men to make good split-second decisions, a skill that is essential on the front line. Women can also train to be as physically fit as men are, even if they are, on the whole, slightly less strong. Having diversity in a team and different view-points benefits a team and can make it stronger.

• Yes women should be allowed

• Yes women should be allowed

• Should Not Happen

There are numerous reasons, all mentioned in other postings, which include the biological, hormonal, health need and emotional differences. It also puts men at a disadvantage, as men are socially geared towards taking unnecessary risks for women, regardless of combat situation or not, so why would we put additional risks on our front line troops? When I was in the Corps, the same argument was discussed and I asked many women Marines about it. Not one of them thought it was a good idea, and there were a few that I thought could probably handle the job, if they decided to go that route, but even they said no way.

Unfortunately, there are women's rights groups that fight for what a very small minority want and force it on the majority, all in the name of political correctness. As a country, we need to get away from trying to be politically correct 100% of the time and use common sense occasionally.

• Hell no! And this coming from a woman!

Not only is letting women in the infantry a violation of the brotherhood built after all these years, but I don't believe they can physically or mentally handle the requirements of an infantryman. My boyfriend says he'd do it all again in a heartbeat but it was one of the hardest things he accomplished. I can only HOPE AND PRAY the men don't take it easy on the women who think they can "hang with the boys" in the infantry.

• Accomplish the mission

Ask a women "can you kill a child around the age of 4-9 years of age." would you hesitate to do so. On average 93% of men would not hesitate to shoot and kill the child running after them. In battle you must lose all emotion and focus on the job at hand, to survive and accomplish the mission. If one person hesitates to do something all of the men you are with are going to die or come out with many regrets.

• Ground Combat Integrated Task Force Battalion Results.

All you need to do is ask any infantryman who participated in the test integration battalion debacle. Every one of them will tell you what a cluster **** it was. But I guess the results of that just didn't matter to the government, did it? "Data showed that the women were slower, fired with less accuracy, and were much more susceptible to injuries."

• It really sucks

It's bad that everybody that says yes has no actual experience with infantry and automatically think it's sexist not to let them in. I doubt many women are mentally or physically prepared for what might happen in combat. I mean just because you passed training doesn't mean jack-shit there's a lot outside of training you might be put up to do like carry an 170 lb guy out of a firefight with all 70 lbs of your gear on too. It makes everything worse in a critical situation like that. Then women have periods. How many women do you see able to run around in 100+ degree heat in a desert with body armor on and weeks since their last shower while on their period. That's just medically retarded

• Girls in the infantry no f#^king way

You are breaking up bro hood. This is fubar in so many ways. I know many good men who got out of the army because they now let girls in the infantry . This pc bull s#it needs to stop now!!!! More people will die and combat fails will pile up fast. We need to put things in place to make the infantry stronger and girls in the infantry will be a ugly mess.... This is bull s#it!!

• Breaks the brotherhood

The infantry operates in a cult-like brotherhood. The infantry is the one place where young men are able to focus solely on being a warrior without the distraction of women or political correctness. They can fart, burp, tell raunchy jokes, walk around naked, swap sex stories, wrestle, and simply be young men together. Although perhaps not the most polite environment, this is the exact kind of atmosphere that promotes unit cohesion and the brotherly bond that is invaluable. This bond is an essential element in both garrison and combat environments. Ask any 0311 what encourages him to keep training or fighting in combat when he thinks he can go no further, and he will respond, “My brothers to my right and left.” No matter how masculine a woman is, she is still female and simply does not mesh with the infantry brotherhood.

• Infantry Vet Here

Absolutely not. Might as well throw combat readiness out the window. I am cool with women being anywhere but combat MOS' 1: Most women will fail the standards men have to face in training and combat, wasting thousands of dollars to attempt to train someone just to fail, all just to be politically correct. I have seen stronger men than me get hurt and get booted, or have nervous breakdowns and get discharged. 2: Look, face facts, not all of you are Ronda Rousey running around here kicking butt. I cannot think of a woman I know that could haul my butt out of a sticky situation while I am in full gear, and they are in theirs as well. We trained to be able to drag the heaviest man. 3: Not showering for long periods of time. Women have periods and cleanliness needs that men do not. A month at a time without a shower is not unheard of. 4: Women distract and destroy combat readiness. When women get around a bunch of horny, wild infantry guys who have not got a piece in months, things get ugly. Good luck depending on your buddy to watch your back while he is bumping uglies with his team mate in the guard shack, while haji is throwing mortar rounds at you outside the gate. 5: proven fact women need more sleep then men. Good luck with that one. A week at a time with no sleep is common place. We would stay up for days hopped up on wild tiger running around like fools. This will definitely create more problems than be good for anything.

• It's biology, not sexism

Comparing women to the same struggle as black and white segregation is wrong because besides color, whites and blacks are made the same. Men and women are not the same. That's based off of biology, not ignorance.

Men have been going off to battle to fight for their women and children for thousands of years and we think that we are going to reinvent the wheel now?
    Ask 99% of infantryman if women should be in combat MOS and they will tell you they should not. We all have our logical reasons that are based off of our person experiences to why women shouldn't be in the infantry. I can understand why someone would ignore those reasons because of personal biases but there is plenty of data supporting that women as a whole can't hack it.

Last, there are no standards in combat. The enemy doesn't care. When the sh!T hits the fan, this country needs men to fight other men. There is a reason why you don't see women in the NFL. That's because every team wants they best players for the job and in a physical game like football women are not built to compete with men. Football is violent, aggressive, and physical. So is combat.

• I was a m240 gunner in Afghanistan and 11B

Women do not belong in the infantry. I bet everyone who clicked the green "yes" button has no experience and are just ignorant about combat. First if they even pass the apft for men's standards that is just the first part. Basic infantryman school is just the basics of being an infantry man. Basic training was a piece of cake compared to training with your unit and marching the mountains of the korengal and pech river valley with 150lbs at 12,000 feet above sea level and when a team mate goes down , pick him up grab his gear while caos is happening.Not bathing for a month. That's just physical stuff. The reason the military has lower standards for fitness in the first place is because most wouldn't be able to make it . Let alone living close quarters with your fire team and someone getting jealous about her and ruining friendships and combat readiness. Then when another big war starts your daughter, niece, granddaughter will have to get deployed and loose their lives. The list goes on and on. The battalion I was in lost 34 men . Do we really want to loose more Americans by sacrificing combat readiness because of politically correct?? You know the people who made that desicion never been pinned down by small arms fire on the side of a mountain thousands of miles from home.