Should women's sports get just as much media coverage as men's?

• Why not? Equal rights

Well I think they should have more coverage than they currently get, although it may not be as much as men's, an improvement to media coverage would mean more people watch the women's sport, the problem is that there's such a lack of coverage its hard to be popular, adding more coverage means more people would watch it, therefore more money in women's sports and more popularity. Plus in other news, Liverpool's men's team is in the champions league final so there's only one thing to sing! We’ve conquered all of Europe We’re never gonna stop From Paris down to Turkey We’ve won the fucking lot Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly The Fields of Anfield Road We are loyal supporters And we come from Liverpool Allez Allez Allez (x4)

• Girls can Do Anything

Girls are capable to play any sport. Soccer is a sport where most people think is for men when its for both genders equally . Men think we are too weak for this sport when we are actually strong for showing other women and younger girls that anything is possible and us as girls we can play sport without letting anyone stop us.

• Inspiration, inspire their children

If women play sport they will inspire their youngsters and their children will be inspired by that surely wouldn’t they and they will inspire their elders as well wouldn’t they?! They will gradually and slowly but surely!98%of the women need to look after their families so if they play sport they will inspire their family! For sure!

• Women’s healthcare is important!

Women’s healthcare is the most important. Sports help women to improve their health. So the media should concentrate more on women and encourage them just like they do to men. Then women can have pretty much good health and can look after their families. Women’s health care is really important!

• Yes girls are powerful

Yes i think that woman's sport teams should get much media coverage as men do. We are no different then men and we can be even better then them. Men posting rude comments on here should just think if you have kids and they are girls and boys are saying that "girls suck" and "girls aren't strong" think how that would make you as a dad feel. Woman can do the same things men can do. We are EQUAL!!!!!!

• We are all equal

We are all equal and women should get the same amount of opportunities as men because we are all the same and some women are actually better than men. Some women are stronger and better. Like i do gymnastics and i am stronger then all the boys in my class that play hockey.

• Don't be that person!

Women put as much effort into sports as men do. They work their bodies harder then the average person and get laughed at for playing a "boys" sport. Personally I play loads of different sports, football, softball, basketball and rounder's. I believe that things should change for women's sake and I hope that the 46% of people that think women shouldn't get as much coverage as men will decrease significantly.

• Yes! Why shouldn't they?

Women are payed a lot less than men are, even though they work just as hard. One statistic shows that WNBA players make around $72,000 on average while their male counter parts make in the millions. As of 2016, the highest paid in the NBA, Kobe Bryant, made $25,000,000. The highest paid in the WNBA, Maya Moore, made around $107,000. Although, the wage gap is closing in desk jobs, the gap between female athletes’ salaries and male athlthetes’ is still atrocious.

• We deserve recognition

We deserve the same attention and recognition as the boys/men because we do our best and we can achieve the same achievements as them and do everything that they do and we can also possibly be better than them but if we never receive a chance to prove than why are we here

• Women play just as well as men

I chose why women should be given equal sports coverage by the media for my persuasive essay topic for a high school essay. I play 3 sports (soccer, basketball, and softball) and while in basketball and softball, the male teams are better, soccer is a whole other story, yet on our schools Instagram page they only have pictures of the boys and have captions like "Go support our boys"and stuff like that. I have never seen anything for a girls sporting event on there. I honestly believe that women's sports are just as entertaining as men's and we play just as well.

• I don't think it should!

Basically, women are shit at all sports, they shouldn't even bother playing, they should just get back into the kitchen, at least then they are doing something useful with their pathetic lives, just to show how shit females are at sports, even an u16 team could beat the full professionals, easy

• I dnt lik fmales

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln
    November 19, 1863

Nicolay Copy
    Named for John G. Nicolay, President Lincoln's personal secretary, this is considered the "first draft" of the speech, begun in Washington on White house stationery. The second page is writen on different paper stock, indicating it was finished in Gettysburg before the cemetery dedication began. Lincoln gave this draft to Nicolay, who went to Gettysburg with Lincoln and witnessed the speech. The Library of Congress owns this manuscript.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth, upon this continent, a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle field of that war. We come to dedicate a portion of it, as a final resting place for those who died here, that the nation might live. This we may, in all propriety do.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate we can not consecrate we can not hallow, this ground The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have hallowed it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here;

• I only want to see the best representation of the sport

Sport gets enough coverage on TV, I only want to see the best display of it. Any other variation is a waste of their time and my time. If a woman's team/sportswoman in any sport cannot beat an amateur man at the same sport, I don't want to see it, and don't know why anyone would unless they were related to the person.

• Dull as dishwater

Biology. There is a reason why women's sport has less viewers. In market terms men's sport would have to subsidise women's sport. It is a con that lady's tennis gets paid same as men for less work & less viewing public. You can't engineer the outcome. Free market will decide. Political correctness and feminism are bane of 2017.

• Not as popular

Womens sports are not as popular as mens all the fans crowd into football stadiums and mens even soccer games women arent as talented nor as strong if women got hurt in mens sports even more people would be complaining so lets keep everyone safe and stay in your league and succeed there.

• Where's the demand for female sport

Due to the society we all live in at the moment, certain sports have been gender specialised. For example netball is a female sport and racing is a male sport. There would be no demand for men playing netball and so it would be a waste of money. We have already attempted to promote female football but it seems that the demand is to low and no one quite frankly is interested in it. Stadiums are empty when women are playing.

• No I am smart

No it shouldn't because I said so and I am a genius with an PHD in geology and I have even chosed to be and proffessor? I thank that it should be illegal because I am smart am becuse i realy need to leaive and go get get my smart persons degree in bisectstion. See ya dumbos

• Capitalism not Communism

We do not live in a communist country. Media companies are business so, forcing media companies to equalise coverage of women and men's sport would not only be completely preposterous and idiotic from an economic point of view. It would also be a direct attack on the ideas of the free market.

• Capitalism not Communism

• Its not about sex its about quality and demand.

If this wasn't true then why not more U16 male sport - hugely underrepresented already - as the average U16 boys soccer, rugby or cricket team could probably beat any national female team? Or more men's bowls as there is far less of this on TV than say women's soccer? To say we must have'just as much' almost certainly means we will get more low quality sport from sports with loud and lazy voices like soccer or cricket where the male/female gulf in technique is actually huge rather than high quality from sports where women are probably just as technically good as men like gymnastics, golf or swimming and will command any audience . Lets not confuse true female equality and talent with inferiority and stridency.