Should Yasser Arafat have sworn off violence long before he did?

• Yes, of course.

Yassar Arafat should have sworn off violence way earlier than he did. Of course he should have. He was a leader. You never want violent leaders in office. It is good that he learned from his mistakes and I think he provided valuable lessons, but it should have been earlier.

• Yes, violence isn't the answer

I think that Yasser Arafat should have sworn off violence a long time ago. At least he finally did do it before it was too late though. I do not think that violence is necessary. I believe that people should be able to talk out their problems and make compromises.

• Yes, if he had people would not have been as hurt.

Yasser Arafat should have just stepped down a long time ago. He should have sworn off the violence from the moment there was any indication that things were going to get that far. He then realized the mistake he made and what consequences his cowardly choices brought, and instead decided to run because he knew he was in the wrong. The people deserve the right to a great ruler.

• Yes, Arafat should have sworn off violence earlier.

I think that Yasser Arafat should have definitely sworn off violence long before he did. Yasser Arafat was somebody that not only stayed quiet when there were terrorist acts committed against the Jewish people, he also had no problem condoning some of the acts. I think he should have condemned the acts long before he did.

• He didn't help.

Yes, Yasser Arafat should have sworn off violence long before he did, because he was not a true leader for the Palestinian people. If he had decided to advocate for peace sooner, the people would have gone along with it, and Palestine would be a safer place than it is today.