Should you be allowed to defend yourself at school?

• Its your safety on the line

A substitute teacher from Pittsburgh who lost hearing in one ear and suffered blurred vision after students tossed an M-80 explosive into his classroom where he was reading alone; What would you do if you were the teacher? Stand there and just take it or defend yourself for YOUR safety and the safety of others.

• Its your safety on the line

• You should be allowed to defend yourself

There is a story the happened where some guys sister was being sexually harassed by some football player and when the guy went to figure out who harassed his sister the player punched right I. Front of the guys father and when he tried to defend himself he and is father pushed the player against a wall until a teacher came but instead of the player getting in trouble the kid did and it had a big issue with school as he lost his senior class president and the fact the football player got off Scott free even though he sexually harassed the kid's sister and then the school got sued

• I think you should be able to defend yourself in school.

If someone was beating you up, according to the school you should wait as they beat you up then go tell someone. What if they kill you? Are you supposed to tell your teacher once she dies? NOOOOO!!! Because you shouldn't let someone kill you. That is what the schools think you should do, but if you really think about it you would realize how dumb it is.

• Because in the seventh grade people call names !

If that not enough for you then you need to know that you get bullied for almost little to no reason its just point less to not do anything and if you don't then your just another one of the weak links in their eyes . That all i have to say skittles out

• My girlfriend was sexually harassed and couldnt do anything

In schools both parties are suspended on the spot regardless. In this case my girlfriend didnt hit him knowing this and when she went to the office they told her she should have done something in my mind that is enough said in taking away defence you take away rights to pursuit of happiness as in majority of cases no school action is taken

• Of course they should

Liberals will try to ruin America at every turn, why not make kids defenseless pussies? Makes no sense, the kids that start fights will do so no matter what, they wont care about getting in trouble. All this zero tolerance Bu11Sh1t is only taking away our right to self defense, just like the liberals are trying to take away the 2nd amendment...Thank you radical liberal socialists for ruining all that America stood for.

• You have to do what is right

I was in a fight the kid hit me with a table tennes bat i put him in a headlock he lies about the whole thing the headteacher dosent ask anyone what happened he listen to the ta who hates me she lies about it i got two detention and a afterschool itscompletly unfair everybody agrees with me that i dont deserve the detention at all i used reasonably force he used a weapon against me so i defended myself appropitly i dint a weapons against him and he says to everybody that i was trying to murder him this is bullshit they told me i should have gone to teacher but i had enough of him attacking me so he is telling lies about me and its pissing me off im doing MMA im a black belt in karate and i don 3 years of kickboxing my instructers tell me ive done the right thing but he crying about it saying that he dosent want to go to school beacause he is scared of me even his younger brother agrees with me i am still kind to him but he is a dick to me

• Yes you should be able to defend yourself!

Human's have defended themselves all throughout time, why should a person let another person pound their face and obtain injury? Students should be able to punch back or whatever is necessary. Whoever provoked the fight should be the one suspended in any case. Keep teaching kids to be pussies and bullying will grow.

• Only if after one punch, they continue instantly self defend!

Well, no one is just going to stand there and take it, that IS stupid.
    To make sure you DON'T get into trouble then do these two things:

Dodge: Don't do another punch, that is you being as bad as them. Just dodge and you should be alright. For help/ backup, search "How to defend yourself" on WikiHow for simple instructions.

Cool, calm and funny : dont get huffy or angry but be funny. When they hurl an insult at you e.G Your ugly. If your female then you could say " Ok, Thanky you for the notice, I'll buy the other makeup.

Try these and you'll be fine!!!