Should you be allowed to defend yourself at school?

• Hell yes .

I am constantly threatened and the only thing that holds me back is my background. Since jocks are favored, and farm boys hated, I would get in a shit ton of trouble because of that. If they threw a punch though, the selfish assholes that jocks are would turn it back on me. This is another reason I have good friends. They would back me up.

• My school has a 0 tolerance policy

At Lenape, if you are involved in a conflict the school wants you to get a adult, now, i am a senior in highschool, and if I was being harrassed, and i retaliated, and it became physical, I would be immediately suspended pending administrative review, and possible charges. Now, in the 1980's, they didn't really care who punched, and would just give the kids a slap on the wrist instead of ruining their chances at going to college, or even getting a carrier.

I nearly pushed a guy down some bleachers, and what scared me was the fact i would get in trouble - not him. My sophmore year a guy called a girl a CuntMuffin, and she threw juice in his face, and then he punched her, and she defended himself, and they ended up in the hallway with my Nutrition teacher injured. She was the one who got in trouble because she threw juice in his face, and got suspended for a week, and he was expelled, and charged.

Then another example, the same guy threatend a girl in my health class, and I stood up against him, telling him to fuck off, and he then threatened to kill me. So I reported it (this guy was at least 100 pounds heavier than me, and a linebacker), and guess what the school did? Nothing. Didn't even ask any other girls questions, they just blew it out the window. The resource officer investigated, and when he nearly killed the girl, he only then took it into account, after he threatened to smash my skull in. Its stupid how you can't even speak up and do something, let alone fight back in the case a guy hits a girl.

• Human nature and human ignorance

Schools and society itself has became ignorant. Punished for fighting ? What ???,fist Fighting has existed for a very long time Im human history with little to no consequences. In fact lets not call it fighting. Lets call it what it is, Showing dominance. If you think about it every fight someone gets into or even maybe yourself, when people are laughing at you because of a bully you throw that punch and battle them for a very special prize, The prize of establishing dominance over the opponent. Its just human nature. If you want to stop a fight that is getting very out of hand ok. But something that natural shouldn't be punished. If the person losing was smart enough to just fuck off or tap out let it be. When monkeys, lions, and especially wolves battle it is establishing dominance. After the bout every thing. Is settled.

• You should always defend yourself.

Fighting should be allowed because people with need to defend there self always. You never know when someone feels like they just wants to hit you and they want to fight you. Get up and hit them back. Some people not just gone sit there and let you hit them.

• Yes you should

If you get in a fight you would want to defend yourself you cant always just dodge a punch you want to get out of a serious conflict unharmed you have to fight back but you get punished for defending yourself if a kid gets into a fight and he gets beaten up he will be bullied that he just took it and he wont do anything cause hes weak.

• Inside safe zone

My son was at school and was good friend with this kid, My son walk up to him, Tried to talk to him, Son stated that when u started smoking dope you became a A hole, Friend stated what you going to do about it!
    He got in to my son,s safe zone, My son push him back and his friend hit him, Fight was on His friend got in the another fight 5 days before that! Son got kick out of school for 5 days, and also his friend! His friend is 15.5 years old and smokes pop with his Dad, What is this world coming to! And his friend Provoked the fight!

• Its your safety on the line

A substitute teacher from Pittsburgh who lost hearing in one ear and suffered blurred vision after students tossed an M-80 explosive into his classroom where he was reading alone; What would you do if you were the teacher? Stand there and just take it or defend yourself for YOUR safety and the safety of others.

• Its your safety on the line

• You should be allowed to defend yourself

There is a story the happened where some guys sister was being sexually harassed by some football player and when the guy went to figure out who harassed his sister the player punched right I. Front of the guys father and when he tried to defend himself he and is father pushed the player against a wall until a teacher came but instead of the player getting in trouble the kid did and it had a big issue with school as he lost his senior class president and the fact the football player got off Scott free even though he sexually harassed the kid's sister and then the school got sued

• I think you should be able to defend yourself in school.

If someone was beating you up, according to the school you should wait as they beat you up then go tell someone. What if they kill you? Are you supposed to tell your teacher once she dies? NOOOOO!!! Because you shouldn't let someone kill you. That is what the schools think you should do, but if you really think about it you would realize how dumb it is.

• Only if after one punch, they continue instantly self defend!

Well, no one is just going to stand there and take it, that IS stupid.
    To make sure you DON'T get into trouble then do these two things:

Dodge: Don't do another punch, that is you being as bad as them. Just dodge and you should be alright. For help/ backup, search "How to defend yourself" on WikiHow for simple instructions.

Cool, calm and funny : dont get huffy or angry but be funny. When they hurl an insult at you e.G Your ugly. If your female then you could say " Ok, Thanky you for the notice, I'll buy the other makeup.

Try these and you'll be fine!!!