• Yes, I should have to pay sales tax on amazon.

You get taxed at every other business in america and are supposed to report these online purchases. The fact is that most people don't and will never bother to. So we need to tax amazon to prevent this. Unfortunately, I do not like the idea of it and would love it if amazon remained tax free. They shouldn't, but I would love it if they did.

• Yes We Should

I have much enjoyed the fact that I've gotten out of paying a lot of taxes by making purchases on-line, however that doesn't mean I should benefit from it. I think it is fair to say that consumers should pay sales tax when purchasing items on-line just as they would if they were buying the items at a store.

• Sales taxes should be paid when sold in a certain state

The right to conduct commerce in a state is accompanied by the state sales tax. These taxes vary from state to state and are sometimes product to product. I think the states should be able to dictate if amazon should be a mechanism for their state taxes. If the states want to charge a tax on commerce that is conducted in their states, regardless of the medium, they have that right.

• The internet is not a state.

States don't have the right to tax interstate commerce. Being required to pay sales tax on out-of-state purchases is absurd, and unprecedented. Which state's tax do you pay, the ingoing, or outgoing state? Both? There are a lot of questions that need to be answered for an internet sales tax to apply, and likely it would need to be a federal tax rather than a state tax.

• No, you shouldn't.

I don't believe that anyone should have to pay sales tax for items purchased on Amazon. We already have to pay a cost for shipping in many cases that far outweighs the price of sales tax. If you start adding sales tax on to items, they will become too expensive to purchase from the site.