Should you listen to your mind (yes) or your heart (no)?

• I agree mind over heart

Head placed above our heart because we must follow our intelligence rather than emotions. We must think first before we follow our heart because sometimes our heart can lead us to destruction and bad decision for your life. Most people always told us to follow our heart over our mind because the heart never lies. Everyday our hearts asks for something and the desire for it can be so strong that we feel that we've just got to have it. Sometimes the heart can be in the right. When it comes to relationships, a lot of people always go with their heart.

However our mind also speaks at the same time it always lets us know whether what we feel, we want or feel we must have is right. So we should follow our head the intelligence that we have to learns to stay above feelings. Feelings can be deceitful and make a bad decision for your life.

• The brain is more smarter

The heart is great and it loves deeply and unconditional but your brain is what makes the decisions that need to be made. You fall for a guy that's not right for you, does not feel the same as you but your brain needs to be there and needs to make those decisions to stay away so your heart does not get broken. The heart is so powerful and will normally win over the brain, but the brain needs to be stronger so the heart does not get broken repeatedly.

• Your brain tells you the truth, your heart tells you what you want to hear

When it comes to relationships, a lot of people always go with their heart. In my opinion that can be a huge problem, both sexes sometimes have no idea what they get themselves into and then usually they are left in shambles. Your brain usually warns you about that person but your heart tells you that your perfect together which you listen to, but with a female it takes time for them to fall in love with a person, but still goes with their heart no matter what. But sometimes the heart can be in the right. When you find the right person, both your heat and brain will agree with each other.

• Mind is the

Key key keusbsnsnsjsddndn djdjddndnd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd hands jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd Jeanne jdjdjdjd Jeanne jdjdjdjd jeejejsbsb52@aol.Com dimensions unending jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd inside jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd hands jdjdjdjd jdjdjdjd hands hands hands jdjdjdjd jdndd

• Mind is the

• Daghang tao ang nasakitan kay nagpaka tanga!

Daghang tao naghilak kay tungod sa gi pili nila sundon ilang heart kesa sa ilang mind. TANGA lang jud. Dili lang mana siya mu abut. Kun maka feel nakag wala na jud siyay gusto, then go. Set him/her free. I'm sure, god has a better plan. Ayaw pag suffer uy. HUNA-HUNAA. Dili sa tanan panahon, kanang gugma sa imong kasing-kasing permi sundun. HUNA-HUNAA UY. Masakitan ra ka pag si heart imong perminte paminawun.

• Thinking with your mind is better than thinking with your heart.

I have tried thinking with my heart but all it does is get me hurt.
    At least in my mind I know that the chances of me getting hurt are very high. Your mind knows better than your heart thinking with your mind is better your mind tells the truth.

• Listen to your Mind

As a person who has listened with her heart and took decisions based on that and experienced only pain and failures in the life, i would say Listen to your mind and take decisions based on those thoughts.I have seen and observed many people who remain detached to heart but take decisions solely with their minds and they are very successful in their personal and professional lives. Hence don't think with your heart.Think with and Listen to your mind

• While the heart can influence, perhaps the head should weigh in too

An interesting question for sure, one that will always yield mixed results. As a stent of personal growth, I have heard many say that we need to get out of the ego mind, listen to your heart, and trust. However, as a cognitive psychologist, I can certainly say that most often we use cognitive based (mind) interventions to help people make significant changes in their lives. Listening to your heart may have a place for sure, but what is so wrong about evaluating decisions in life about everything. At the end of the day, the heart is really incapable of listening or making decisions... It is a pump. Emotions, cognitive functions, behaviors, experiences, critical thinking is all done on your head. So the real question here is to make an emotional decision or a thought based decision. As emotions can be deceptive, it may be best to simply list to your head. Keep emotions in mind, but don't be fooled by impulsive decisions especially ones that may have serious implications.

• Listen to your heart!

Looks like I am the first "no" surprisingly. Follow your heart! I think that deep down your heart knows what is best. Your mind is the logic gut you have, but I think your heart speaks volumes. When it comes to loving someone you should follow your heart. Your heart is what guides you and gives you the compassion. I understand why people do follow their mind, but at the same time I don't think they have enough reasoning to convince me to join their side. Love always triumphs over Logic. :) <3

• Depends on the situation

There are time when you should listen to your heart and then there are times when you should listen to your mind, but I think both should be considered when making a decision. I think it is cruel to ignore your heart. I know people who have done it and have turned into insufferable people because they only went with what they thought. Your heart knows how you really feel and your brain is there to keep you in check.

• I want to believe that listening to my heart will provide me with the most fulfilment in life and the right direction to follow.

I feel excited and alive when I follow my heart. However my mind questions how I will be able to afford such an endeavour. I know I am happiest when I do follow my heart, however financial security is also necessary. I am still not decided on this one, but like I said I want to believe it's true

• The mind is quick but it doubts, the heart is slow but is true

Your mind is far too rational to guide you on the adventure that is life. Your mind sees - and even imagines - every possible trap door and wants to avoid it, even if it's not there. The mind is also quick to answer us when we ask ourselves a question, so we're more inclined to trust it more. All that means is the mind is good for balancing our checkbooks and tying our shoes.

The heart keeps all our feelings swirling together in a rhythm that only we understand to ourselves. The heart is also slow to answer. The heart may leap forward with a voice for certain things, but other times it has to absorb what is there before committing to any response, so out of impatience we go immediately to our mind.

Also, relying on the mind can keep us self-sustaining, but it can also keep us locked inside our own head. Following our heart makes us leap out into the world.

• Which makes you happier?

Following one's heart leads to what they actually want, not what they think they want. People tend to overthink things. Minds are strange places. Sometime you can't even trust your own mind. But with your heart? You can always trust that. "Follow your heart." Don't overthink it. Just go with it.

• Listen with the heart

I already know what is like not to listen to my heart don't make this mistake.Sorry to my heart,I made a promise to myself to listen to my heart.When I listen to my brain I let others take my decisions and in fact ignoring your heart is cruel.If we listen to the brain the chances of right decisions is made is less than 50% because our mind get influence by others and our heart cannot be influence by other people.From my experience our heart is important without it I feel heartless and live like a Half-dead and alive person.The heart is a part of who we are without it we cannot be our true self.

• Listen to your mind.

I've seen so many people who have made unwise, emotionally charged decisions. Their passion negates any semblance of common sense they have left and led to impulsive, unthought-out, often later regretted choices.
    If someone said, "I want to have babies, but I'm a drug addict and can't support myself, let alone children", would you suggest they listen to their heart (their maternal/paternal instincts and yearning for progeny) or their mind (their logical side that helps them understand the consequences of having a child in their condition)? Would you tell them to follow their heart and have children, even while knowing that the poor children will likely be born malnourished, drug addicted, and unhealthy? Would you still agree that one's decisions should be dictated by how they feel, even when they decide to bring multiple children into the world when knowing they can't afford to support them financially and emotionally?

• Heart over mind

The mind is powerful and capable of so much but why? It doesn't have a why? Logically it does it for its own survival and for the survival of those like it. Surviving is cool but we are passed survival. We are in an age of living. If a man wants to travel the world with a backpack and a sign let him. If he wishes to climb buildings without gear, its his task. The heart wont help us survive but it will help us live. Live the dreams we had as kids and the adventures we see in out imagination. Your heart knows nest because it knows you. It knows what you want and where you want to be.
    Im 19 and i chose my mind for some time. I was bored, miserable and successful. Started college at 14 and gonna graduate with my second degree before im 20. Id give it all up to live the moments i missed along the way. To see the things i never got to and be with the person I fell in love with. Happiness is something only your heart can lead you to. And if you aren't happy why are you doing it?

• Listen to your heart

I believe that you should listen to your heart in any decisions dealing with love. However, I can understand why people would choose to trust their brains. Think about it, your mind is really what controls almost all of the processes in our body, which includes the heart. But, when you find the perfect person, you no longer can think, but only react based on what your heart decides. So, I believe you should always trust your heart.

• Mind makes us irrational

You are not your mind.It is such a complicated machine that anyone can manipulate it.We human beings are supposed to be the rational being in this planet.But, this mind has made us irrational over time without our realization. For example - Other animals eat when they are hungry. But humans eat when their friends or relatives insist them to although they are not hungry.So who's more rational?Humans or animals? The bottom line is this irrationality is created by mind and only mind.So, if you want to become a rational being, don't listen your mind.