Should you live with your parents after marriage?

• It can be beneficial for everyone.

It is important for the married couple to have an independent life and relationship together, but living with extended family members can strengthen bonds within the family. It is great for children to grow up close to their grandparents, it can be a good financial alternative, and a house of extended family is a house full of love! It is important that everyone respects each others' privacy, but living with your parents can be a great alternative.

• I'm pretty sure that almost every parents want to live with their kids.

Imagine that when you're about 60-70 years old, do you want to live on your own, do everything by yourself ? Our parents spend most of their lives taking care of us and now one wants them to take care ò themselves too? No ! I will live with my parents no matter what. If they don't want to live with me. I'll buy a house near theirs in order to take care of them easily. That's my opinion thank you.

• Most answers disagreeing on here are assuming that the parents will be the major financial supporters of the household.

Depending on your socio-economic status, it makes sense to live in a big family home. It also varies on your cultural background. Most Hispanic, Asian, and Italian families live in strong family households. It is a custom brought back from the old countries. I personally would like to live in a household with my parents and brothers in a mult-room house.

• Are you kidding?

Your parents did their job and brought you into adulthood. Now do yours and show them respect by taking responsibility for your own life. Why should they be burdened by the financial hardships of continuing to take care of you. There are plenty of people doing more with less. If you stay because you're too lazy to take care of your own family then you truly are a loser!

• No you should not.

After getting married you should try not to rely on your parents anymore because you are trying to move on and start your own family, if you continue to hassle your parents than you may not be ready for that next phase in your life where you are ready for your own family.

• Depending on the circumstances, it might be ok...

For example, if your single surviving parent was ill with terminal cancer and needed assistance, then yes, you should. But generally, I would consider being economically supported by your parents after marriage, or even being so emotionally attached to them that you must continue living with them, a negative thing.

• Parents can be too needy and disrespectful

You can't truly bond with your spouse till you leave your parents cause eventually it will cause problems in your marriage"you can't cleave till you leave"also you wife can't make your parents house a home for the two of you cause its not her house and that causes stress for your wife cause her and your mother may have different housekeeping ways

• No.It steals the freedom of couple

If the couple live along with their parents ,they will never learn to lead an independent life.The decision making will become very tough as they want to consider the opinions of their parents and extended family members.In short the couple will not have any freedom to live their life.Besides they will not have enough privacy in a joint family.Couple may lose the freedom to romance whenever they wish.Because it is not allowed in counrtys like india.But couples have their own dreams and imaginations for their future life.Living with parents will spoil their freedom as well as dreams.

• Tension between in-laws is one of the major cause of marriage breakdown

Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law are 2 strangers brought together by 1 man. They both move this man but they may not love each other. They may not willing to adopt the other's way of living because both of them want to be relaxed at home. If they don't get on well, living together will fuse the tension and cause marriage to breakdown.

• Hell no way

Spouses need to be on their own. Of course. Unless there is no other choice and its temporary. Mother in laws are the worst. My daughter's mil has been trying to get them to move in and be a big family ever since the got married 2 yes ago. She acts like she stood at the alter with them and has a vote in all their decisions as it is. The husband won't work and they're staying at a different relatives right now. Its a dis-functional mess.

• Hell no way

• Sike... You should not

Think of all the stress and rules you will have and yet your married!!!!!! ;) it is not worth the hardship and pain boo. Either you leave him or your family. I would leave my family loll. They so mean and cruel. I do not want to be with them.

• Sike... You should not