Should you live with your parents after marriage?

• It can be beneficial for everyone.

It is important for the married couple to have an independent life and relationship together, but living with extended family members can strengthen bonds within the family. It is great for children to grow up close to their grandparents, it can be a good financial alternative, and a house of extended family is a house full of love! It is important that everyone respects each others' privacy, but living with your parents can be a great alternative.

• I'm pretty sure that almost every parents want to live with their kids.

Imagine that when you're about 60-70 years old, do you want to live on your own, do everything by yourself ? Our parents spend most of their lives taking care of us and now one wants them to take care ò themselves too? No ! I will live with my parents no matter what. If they don't want to live with me. I'll buy a house near theirs in order to take care of them easily. That's my opinion thank you.

• Most answers disagreeing on here are assuming that the parents will be the major financial supporters of the household.

Depending on your socio-economic status, it makes sense to live in a big family home. It also varies on your cultural background. Most Hispanic, Asian, and Italian families live in strong family households. It is a custom brought back from the old countries. I personally would like to live in a household with my parents and brothers in a mult-room house.

• Are you kidding?

Your parents did their job and brought you into adulthood. Now do yours and show them respect by taking responsibility for your own life. Why should they be burdened by the financial hardships of continuing to take care of you. There are plenty of people doing more with less. If you stay because you're too lazy to take care of your own family then you truly are a loser!

• No you should not.

After getting married you should try not to rely on your parents anymore because you are trying to move on and start your own family, if you continue to hassle your parents than you may not be ready for that next phase in your life where you are ready for your own family.

• Depending on the circumstances, it might be ok...

For example, if your single surviving parent was ill with terminal cancer and needed assistance, then yes, you should. But generally, I would consider being economically supported by your parents after marriage, or even being so emotionally attached to them that you must continue living with them, a negative thing.

• Hell no way

Spouses need to be on their own. Of course. Unless there is no other choice and its temporary. Mother in laws are the worst. My daughter's mil has been trying to get them to move in and be a big family ever since the got married 2 yes ago. She acts like she stood at the alter with them and has a vote in all their decisions as it is. The husband won't work and they're staying at a different relatives right now. Its a dis-functional mess.

• Hell no way

• Sike... You should not

Think of all the stress and rules you will have and yet your married!!!!!! ;) it is not worth the hardship and pain boo. Either you leave him or your family. I would leave my family loll. They so mean and cruel. I do not want to be with them.

• Sike... You should not

• NO. (And that's experience)

Parents and children have an intimate bond. This is the problem when the child gets married. Parents usually find it hard to respect the boundaries between the two families. One common example is meddling. Some grandparents find it hard not to give unsolicited advice when it comes to rearing kids. Or they may use their influence to have a more superior role in decision-making affairs. This may leave the non-blood-relative spouse feeling left out and drained. Of course, we will always have to be respectful of our parents and show our gratitude to them - but now that a new family is established, our spouse deserves the first place in our heart. Leaving the nest of your original home separate from the parents is the most beneficial way to maintain family peace. Why? Independence can help make the spouses work together to tackle problems and challenges that may arise, without having to rely on more input within the family circle (that may be a possible source of stress and conflict to the married couple)

• Thumbs down for this idea

Marriage is not for dependent children or grown mamas children/adults.Parents can and will be biased if and certain situation or arguments occur. There is also a fear of havibg little or no privacy during intamacy. Parents may still feel as if they are head of your family. Cling to your spouse not your parents!

• Of course not!

Changing allegiance from parents to spouse is what happens when one gets married. It is very important to live independently from parents, and to stop feeling like they owe it to you, your wife and kids for them to keep providing. You can always ask for help but depending on them after marriage is just a big no!