Should you sacrifice your life to save someone else's?

• No second thoughts

Sometimes, I feel like my life has no meaning to it, that I'm not of worth to anyone. And that's ok. I will live my life protecting others, and I'll die protecting others as well. Just because I lead a miserable life, doesn't mean others have to as well. I've considered myself dead since a long time ago. This life is merely a vessel for me to fulfill my ideals, that is to protect the people around me. Even if I am to die protecting someone I cherish, I'd do it with a smile on my face.

• I will for anyone

What is the meaning to life?! I would take a knife to the heart to save the ones i love, including my friends, i don't want to see my best friend taking a bullet for me, it would be too painful to watch....I don't want to be seen as someone who watched their friend die!

• Life has no value.

My life has no value. I live, eat, listen, breath but there is no meaning in it. Thing that makes life precious is love. And person whom i love has a cancer. And i would do everything to save her. Even the final sacrifice- life for life. But there is nothing i can do. I cant cure her.

• Always do it to save others

If there is any need for self sacrifice.If it's the way of saving others in a dire situation I would do it gladly.Sacrificing yourself for helping other people is a bliss you will only experience once and it has a feeling that is indescribable. Sacrificing yourself to help others this is how the heroes have always done the work it's the way for making the world better

• If the situation calls for it yes.

Life in general in precious, there is too much hate and anger in the world. There needs to be some good in the world. So yes I would and have risk my life to save a total stranger, if I lost my life to save another then I'd die a happy man. Hopefully that person lives to make a difference in the world.

• I would do it

I would save the person, the person kay be born to do great things while ourselves are doing nothing to help the world so why should
    we stop them from helping the world and if they're then we should a least die knowing the our life wasn't boring and it was worth something we help a man lived aleast be grateful....

• I would do it

• For a loved one.

I would absolutely forfeit my life for my wife and she would do the same for me. When I love someone, there's nothing I wouldn't do for them. It was the same when I was in the army. If I went to combat, I would've gladly laid down my life to save my brothers in arms.

• Yes, I do believe sacrificing is normal in everyday life.

I do believe sacrificing is in everyday life, a example could be Jesus dying on the cross, he died for his people and to meet his father God in heaven. A contemporary issue could be the story of the man who fell into the tube tracks, a man jumped down saved his life and nearly died himself.

• It's the right thing to do

I believe sacrificing yourself is the correct and humane thing to do, whether it is for a stranger or a loved one. Isn't this what we want and are always striving for? A world where everyone cares for each other is one I would definitely want to find myself in.

• No, Life is important

What's the point of being born if you can sacrifice your life anyway. It is really unfair to sacrifice your own precious life. Life is the most important thing in the world. This might seem a bit selfish but your own life is valuable as the person your sacrificing for.

• Why should I die to save another's life? Isn't my life just as valuable as theirs?

In a lot of action movies, there is one character who sacrifices his or her life to save another. We then ask ourselves, "Would I do the same thing if I were that character?" I never had answered yes to the question. I know I would try my best to survive rather than being a hero by saving others. You might say this is not a thing to be proud of- I am quite sure that some would think this is a shame. However, I don't think the same. Why should I die to save another's life? Isn't my life just as valuable as theirs?

• You are not obligated to sacrifice yourself; the choice is yours and yours alone.

The question is wrong; it should be "would." We are not given the task of saving others because, really, we are all alike. We can't save anyone without losing ourselves in the process, and even if we try, it is not guaranteed that we can succeed. We say it's the effort that counts, and I agree, but the question is just wrong. Overall, the sacrificing your life for others is your decision to make and only yours to make.

• No never

One's life is more precious than anything else in the world. Would losing that other person in your life be so life changing that you absolutely cannot live without them? We are not born to give up our lives for the sake of other people, but to live, be fed, and feed ourselves to our superior in the food chain.

• If it's someone who loves me and I love them, of course not

If the person loves me they would be crying and sad when I die. The last time I get to see them, they would look sad. When I have to leave someone for good and not see them for a really long time, I'd rather see them happy and smiling. And if they love me, they would want me to live. I would be fulfilling a wish. Dying for that person is not their last wish. So it won't be mine.

• Why would you physically sacrifice yourself?

Humans and genetically prone to want to survive, most of the comments over there are just to make everyone look like they are a good person but I honestly doubt that any of you really mean it. Also think of you're killing yourself but there is no guarantee that the person you die for will survive after a few minutes. Maybe the person that killed you was lying and also killed the person you meant to survive, what would be the purpose of sacrificing you're life then? Also doesn't it depend on the age range and the superiority in society? I mean would you kill yourself for your parents who have sacrificed a lot for you and have gone through more experiences than you? I mean wouldn't it bring sadness to you're parents if you died for them after everything they've done so much to protect you? Along this topic what if the person you are sacrificing you're life for is a hobo or someone in a lower life for you. Would you kill yourself for them if you have more potential in life then they who are on the streets. *Don't worry about if you feel you are narcissistic thinking and feeling this, as I said humans are prone to want to survive.

• No, It makes no sense

Humans are selfish and it's a damn lie to say you ain't. An example is money some can argue that too much money is a bad thing but you wish you could donate more or buy more food for your family which you need money for. No money is equally the same in our society, if you have no money you'll die. Most of the yes answers say their lives are worthless and they'd willing give up theres without a doubt, which is stupid and selfish. The way it's selfish is no matter what you would feel good or a sense of accomplishment saying you risked your life for a loved one or stranger(whichever you choose). Saving yourself instead of saving someone is logical unless you have the power to save someone without risking your life then should you save them. But risking your life to save someone is stupid

• Why should I?

Why should i save someone life, when they won't save mine. My Parents went through hardship to watch me grow, so if i were to die, wouldn't it go to waste, and serious they can take care of the own life, don't except someone to save someone, as everyone has there own life, wouldn't you leave your family for someone else lives.

• No without a shadow of a doubt

Plain and simple i value my life, why should i care about other people. Family, friends , random people, even the love of my life i wouldnt save them, this is selfish but damn i care about my self more than them.Id throw anyone under the bus to keep living ,honstly i think my life is more important than theres

• Id like to think my life is more valuable than many others...

To simply say it is the "right thing to do" is laughable. Although a very nice gesture, extremely short sighted. Should a doctor, who has the potential to save many lives give his own to save, let's say, a murderer, or should a mother of a new born child give hers for a random pedestrian with no family? Although some may disagree, I'd like to say no. The live of another is unmatched and can be viewed as both extremely valuable or priceless. I would argue that no life is "worth" sacrificing mine for, but that is not to say I wouldn't do it.