Should young children undergo screening for celiac disease even if they are asymptomatic?

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe young children should undergo screening for celiac disease even if they are asymptomatic. I'm not really into searching for unknown problems when they are essentially not a concern. There are plenty of people that don't have this disease and testing everyone would be a huge waste of money.

• No, young children should not undergo screening for celiac disease even if they are asymptomatic.

No, young children should not undergo screening for celiac disease even if they are asymptomatic. I think that children's parents should have the choice to decide how their children are cared for in a medical type of way without being forced to by some of the rules and regulations for their treatments.

• No, not unless they develop symptoms.

I don't think it's necessary for young children to be screened for celiac disease if they show no signs or symptoms of the disease. However, it might still be a good idea if one or both of the child's parents suffer from celiac disease. The symptoms are obvious to anyone familiar with the disease.

• Why torture them?

No, young children should not undergo screening for celiac disease even if they are asymptomatic, because there is no sense in torturing children with needless medical procedures. If a child displays symptoms, they should be tested, but they cannot be subject to procedures for things and medical problems that they probably don't have.