Should Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier than 2014?

• He made his impact.

Yes, Yusuf Islam should have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier than 2014, because he made a lasting impact not only on music, but also as the Muslim activist that influenced and inspired so many people. When an artist is so influential that they influence social thought as well, they belong in the hall of fame.

• Yes, he should.

A lot of people are foolishly saying that Cat Stevens should not be inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at all because his conversion to Islam. While I do think Islam and every faith is silly beyond belief, it does not take away from the musical brilliance of Cat Stevens.

• not at all

No, he should not have been put into the rock and roll hall of fame any sooner than he did. He was not one of the true legends of rock and roll, and he may have not even needed to be added to this list in the first place anyway.

• No, his time had not come.

I do not think Cat Stevens should have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before 2014. Cat Stevens had a few songs that were popular early in his career. It seemed he reinvented himself and re-entered rock and roll as a new person. I believe that while his music was enjoyable, it did not profoundly impact rock and roll in any memorable way.

• Roll Hall Of Fame

I personally think that the musical odyssey of Cat Stevens is well documented, from teenage London art school songsmith (“The First Cut Is The Deepest,” the Tremeloes’ “Here Comes My Baby”) to introspective cornerstone of the 1970s singer-songwriter movement.Who can measure the courage it took him in the late ’70s, after seven years of multi-platinum success in the U.S. (and over a decade in the UK) to convert to Islam, amidst the wave of turmoil and confusion that was engulfing the world?