Should Yvonne Ridley's political opinions be taken seriously since her capture by the Taliban?

• Yes, everyone's opinions should be taken seriously.

While you don't have to agree with Yvonne Ridley's opinions, she is certainly entitled to them and deserves to be taken seriously. Which is not to say that you can't disagree with her opinion or debate the merit of her words. But, yes, we should take other's opinions seriously, even if we disagree with them.

• She Has A Voice

I believe Yvonne Ridley's experience is important especially considering her capture by the Taliban. One certainly wouldn't have expected someone with that experience to adopt Islam as their faith. For this reason, I feel that people should take her opinions seriously because she has a unique way of looking at things.

• Ridley's political opinions

I personally disagree, I believe Yvonne Ridley's experience is important especially considering her capture by the Taliban. One certainly wouldn't have expected someone with that experience to adopt Islam as their faith. For this reason, I feel that people should take her opinions seriously because she has a unique way of looking at things.

• The Taliban is deadly

Yvonne Ridley's political opinions should not be taken seriously since she was captured by the Taliban. Some people do not understand the extreme danger of the Taliban and their counterparts and they keep making the same mistakes. The view of the Taliban needs to be nothing but them being pure evil.

• We didn't take them seriously before, so why start now?

I think that former journalist Yvonne Ridley's political opinions should be taken just as seriously as they were before her capture by the Taliban, and her subsequent conversion to Islam. Which is to say, not at all. Before her conversion, she was a fringe loony leftist. Now she's a fringe loony Muslim. Not a big change.