Sir Tim Berners-Lee says internet has become 'world’s largest surveillance network': Should the government take steps to limit what can be seen on the internet?

• The internet shouldn't be used as a surveillance tool

It seems that anything can be found on the internet, even that which people would rather keep private. Governments should curb access to sensitive information because it protects the reputations of individuals who may have been scarred by a previous incident. When their pasts are erased from digital view, it helps them start fresh.

• Yes the governemnt should.

While I am worried about the amount that the government can see about people private information online, they are not the ones who worry me. As a law abiding citizens i have nothing to fear when it comes to the government looking into my affairs. What i do worry about is hackers and what they can see because they would want to do me harm.

• Freedom of information and privacy

In my opinion,everything in the internet should be accessible to any user and I think that every internet user should get their privacy because we have freedom of privacy.I think no one's rights should be infringed.I feel like everyone can think morally so there is no need for a censorship of information in the internet.Everyone has a right todo what they want.I don't think people's freewill should constricted

• No, Internet surveillance is a symptom not the disease. The underlying problem is lack of trust in those who run the world and how to restore it.

Sir Tim is right again: but this needs International government intervention because these companies didn't get to where they are overnight without huge injections of cash. Like Twitter, which STILL hasn't made a dime in profit and yet controls a mind buggering amount of personal data which is ready for mining.

• Government Censorship Should Be Illegal

It is my personal belief that internet censorship is a form of governmental tyranny. First, I would question what the government would be censoring in the first place. It is nice to believe that the government would censor videos of child and animal abuse, but the reality is that the government would likely censor information about past atrocities and scandals. It is important that this information remain available to the citizens of a country in order to ensure that history is not repeated, as well as holding the government responsible for its actions. Censoring begins with small things, but in the end, the impact can be severe.