• Give you cancer

Acetone – found in nail polish remover
    Acetic Acid – an ingredient in hair dye
    Ammonia – a common household cleaner
    Arsenic – used in rat poison
    Benzene – found in rubber cement
    Butane – used in lighter fluid
    Cadmium – active component in battery acid
    Carbon Monoxide – released in car exhaust fumes
    Formaldehyde – embalming fluid
    Hexamine – found in barbecue lighter fluid
    Lead – used in batteries
    Naphthalene – an ingredient in mothballs
    Methanol – a main component in rocket fuel
    Nicotine – used as insecticide
    Tar – material for paving roads
    Toluene - used to manufacture paint

• Hella hella hella

For me, I undergo a lot of stress, like with family, dealing with friends and school. I find that smoking relieves some of the stress and just makes me feel better. I know my limits and know when to stop. I don't really smoke as much, never did, so it's not much a big deal.

Posted by: kthx
  • I wish I could say "neutral" but...

It's unhealthy that doesn't mean it's bad. Do you. You don't have to prioritize health the same way other people do, or you could prioritize it more. It's not a matter of good and bad just because something is good or bad for your health. Health is just another thing. People make their own values and their own way. Down with puritanism!

• It has done much good.

It seems a no brainier. Smoking is bad. PERIOD. But this is not necessarily true. Tobacco built the U.S. Jamestown was the first successful colony and led to the foundation of America. It also helped (majorly) to build the British Empire. It has also pumped millions of dollars into the economy. We should never blame tobacco for deaths but blame the people. Do you blame USB drives for hacking computers or spoons for making someone fat? People have abused tobacco but it is not tobacco's fault or the tobacco growers (unless they are purposely lying about their product which did happen and is terrible). When someone shoots up a school, do we say an AK-47 killed the children or do we say the gunman. I believe tobacco in moderation and even tobacco in excess will not always bring harm. Look at people like George Burns and Winston Churchill. I myself enjoy a cigar every couple of days and have yet to experience the smallest health problem.

• Spoils all over health.Please Avoid.

Because,It's spoils health.Not at all good for health,There are so many bad diseases occur,and please everybody who reads this message please avoid it.Throat cancer,Intestine problems and many dangerous diseases are ready to attack those who love smoking.In my family there are some people who love to smoke and drink.They are lazy in doing work,They cant concentrate on any work,They are suffering from health diseases.So,with all my experience iam writing this answer please avoid smoking.It's good for your health as well as good for your surrounding people.

• Don't every start smoking its bad for your health

Smoking is bad dont start it!

Smoking is responsible for several diseases, such as cancer, long-term (chronic) respiratory diseases, and heart disease, as well as premature death. Over 440,000 people in the USA and 100,000 in the UK die because of smoking each year. According the US CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), $92 billion are lost each year from lost productivity resulting from smoking-related deaths.

Of the more than 2.4 million deaths in the USA annually, over 440,000 are caused by smoking.

Smoking is the largest cause of preventable death in the world. Recent studies have found that smokers can undermine the health of non-smokers in some environments.

• Smoking kills people.

Smoking doesn't just hurt the people who smoke, but the people who breathe anywhere nearby. It damages the soil where tobacco is grown and is toxic to the tobacco workers. When parents smoke they hurt their kids three ways. They hurt them directly with the fumes. They also teach the kids that smoking is OK. And they increase the chances that they will be sick or die.

• The answer seems obvious.

Of course smoking is bad. It kills people. Smoking causes cancer and a whole host of other diseases. A child of smokers is more likely to get asthma and in general second-hand smoke pollutes the air with toxic fumes. It also smells terrible. I have never heard an argument for smoking being a good thing.