So god creates us, puts us in a horrible place, and im obligated to find proof that god exists when i didnt ask to live?

Asked by: steffon66
  • This is ti steffon66. Well the bible is pretty rational.

Other religious text too, but do not abandon them for they are the first and some of the only moral texts only. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be living in such a harmonious society free of war and discrimination. Also God didn't make us for his benefit but for ours, so that point is invalid. There is no point trying to blame him for the sins we created as part of free will. And saying that he should prove himself in seconds has n point, since he has and still does, all the way form the scriptures of the old to today's age. Just look. Open your
    eyes

• Whatever you meant with your question ...

I don't understand your question, it is not a "yes-no" question, but I'll post anyway.

By "horrible place" you mean the world as it is right now? If so, the world is as it is right because of mankind, we have done this to the world; war, contamination, economic falls. Other things were done due to sin entering the world: plagues, earthquakes, etc.

You are not obligated to "find" proof of God, proof is already there, how can you not see it? You see all the complexity of creation and doubt His existence? Even when mankind has thrown God away and declared "there is no God" nature is still out there, hanging on, declaring that what God created is good.

You did not ask to live? Of course you did not ask for it, you did not exist before, but you came anyway. But God knew you before you were formed.
    Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations

He knew you, He knows you, your thoughts and feelings, He is sad that you are just "not believing" but also rejecting Him and His plan of salvation.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

Believe in Him, repent from your sins, accept his Gift of salvation. Then you will find that you don't have to stay in this horrible place because God gave us a escape route.

• No rational person would believe this is perfection.

I cant believe that people actually believe that a perfect god created us, put us on this world to suffer from evil for the mistakes of the first two people (adam and eve) for his and only his benefit, make some of us suffer from mental illness while watching everyone else be happy, and i am obligated to spend my life trying to find proof that god exists when he could prove to me that he exists in seconds. How can a rational person believe that? And im supposed to believe that people are morally competent? How stupid that is to say when people believe this ancient literature is perfection. I literally cant choose to believe that and i didnt ask to be a part of gods plan for his and only his benefit

evangambit says2014-09-28T13:22:57.957
Your question seems rather bias
steffon66 says2014-09-28T14:51:44.137
No that is the truth. Thats what he did. Am i wrong about something? Im actually an agnostic. I dont know whether or not god exists but i hope that a god who would do this to us doesnt exist. But unlike christians i dont believe something just because i want to.
evangambit says2014-09-28T19:19:20.617
If you're offering something up for debate or asking for opinions, questions should, to the best degree possible, not suggest answers. "Why does God obligate me to find proof of His existence" seems (to me) to accurately convey the question you want answered in a way that doesn't actively suggest God is evil (and might imply that God does not exist, which seems an odd claim to make, given the question).