Social Media and the World Cup: Has your World Cup experience been enhanced by social media?

• Yes, It has definately helped my interest

I was never big on the World Cup but after seeing all the social media etc I have actually started to follow it a little bit. I think it is a great way for the sport to grow and to get people more interested in it. After seeing so many people talking and tweeting about it I had to see what the big deal was about.

• Yes It Has

My World Cup experience has been greatly enhanced by social media. Social media websites allow me to get quick information regarding injuries, rosters, and scores. It also allows to me read the patriotism of other countries when their team's succeed. This alone has greatly enhanced the experience of this year's world cup.

• My friends share opinions.

Yes, my World Cup experience has been enhanced by social media, because I enjoy hearing what my friends have to say about the games. Sometimes, I do not even have to look up a score in the news because one of my friends will have posted about it. It's also neat to find out which of my friends follow soccer.

• No, it has not.

Not many of my friends on social media follow soccer so it hasn't be helpful. Also social media at large is usually made up of bandwagon followers who do not closely follow the sport except for once every four years. So a lot of the comments made by the generally public aren't very informative.