• Social media is harmful to society!

Social media is harmful to society. It is. Look at those people who use Facebook. Look at the people with Twitter. Look at the guys with iPhones. How do we know they have iPhones? Because they hold it in front of their faces, texting, and using social media. This is harmful. While YOU could be spending time doing other USEFUL activities, you shouldn't been facing a screen, clicking and chatting.

• More of A weapon than social network

The social networks like Twitter, Facebook, instragram and all those other social networks, all have one thing in common and that is cyberbullying. Anybody can do it, especially on the internet. Its bad enough to be bullied in school but just when you think your safe at home you open your facebook to see your messages full with harmful letters or threats. The social network has given people A way anonymously threaten A person withought getting in trouble for it since most kids today almost never tell their parents what's going on in their lives. Honestly I liked it better when we didn't have all this nonsense and I am sure most people would agree with me.

• Social media is harmful.

Does social media cause more problems than it is worth? According to a judge in the UK who presided over a case in which a jealous boyfriend used the social networking site Facebook to prove his partner’s infidelity, the answer is yes. As reported by The Drum: Modern Marketing and Media (31st August 2012) the individual in this case created a fake profile to approach his partner under the guise of a secret admirer. When his partner responded, it resulted in physical violence. Commenting on the case, the judge lamented that ‘Facebook is causing more hassle than anything else these days’. He is completely right. But it is not just facebook. It is all social media. Social media is providing a one way highway to nation filled with slackers and those who intend to hurt others.
    Social media can cause a lack of attention span.

Prolonged social network activity can cause deterioration of attention concentration and other symptoms of ADHD.
    While communicating using social networks, people constantly switch from one task to another: read the comments, check the updates, turn on some video, while replying to a message, and write a short comment.
    During such activity, people’s attention dwells on one thing not very long and constantly switches to another one.
    It also forms a certain habit of learning information. You get used to receive information in small portions, constantly switching from one type of information to another, for example, from replying to a comment to some video viewing.
    This habit creates difficulties in attention concentration. It is more difficult to hold your attention on one thing for long. For example, a person, who is used to communicate using social networks, will experience some discomfort while reading a book. Because there will be no constant pop out on the right of the book page telling that “you have received a new message” or “someone has clicked the “Like” button on your photo/comment.”
    If you suffer from attention deficit disorder, then the constant communication using social networks will be of no use to you. In case you have no symptoms of this syndrome, then you risk getting them, if you know no measure in using social networks.
    The symptoms of the attention deficit disorder are: people find it difficult to maintain their attention concentration, they always want to get away from work or study and visit the social networks, they find it difficult to read long texts, they quickly become bored, they experience discomfort when they sit still and do nothing.
    This happens because of social networking as well.

According to a survey taken by Stanford, 65% of teens diagnosed with ADHD from 2012 - 2014 browse social media for more than 2-3 hours a day.

• Harm than good

People use the social networking site as a weapon to attack others they spread rumours on the net so the problem is that the messages can be seen by people around the world. This shows that social networking can be a peril to teenagers, we should never underestimate the harmful that cyberbullying can bring

• Socia media is bad

In the next 10 years, social media as we know will go the way of the 8-track tape, disposable camera, and fax machine. And I can't say that I'm sad.

It's not that I don't enjoy interacting with online friends -- or that businesses haven't made a valiant effort to listen to their customers online. But here's the thing:

Every morning, my eyes pop open with the thought, "I need to post." Not I need to eat, call home, pray -- but post. The experts tell me it has to be done no later than 8:00 Eastern time, preferably earlier. My second thought is, "Post what? What words of wisdom do I have today?" If I come up short, then I hope my wise friends are up earlier and have written a spectacular post that day that I can "share."

Then of course, there are the related tasks: writing weekly blogs and guest blogs, doing BlogTalkRadio interviews, planning online book tours, participating in affiliate book launches, responding to reporters' questions online, catching up with what's trending on Twitter, retweeting my friends' tweets, circling over to LinkedIn to check messages and my group discussions, responding to all the "Like" requests, sharing some fascinating article from HuffPost, HBR, or Forbes with a witty lead-in on Google Plus, then checking Facebook notifications to see who said what about whom.

Do I really have this kind of time? But if I disappear from this scene for a couple of weeks, people start emailing to ask if I've died. So I keep posting, sharing, tweeting, and liking.

But it has to stop. Why?

It's stressful.
    People have become tired of being connected 24/7, of being expected to be available to respond to an email at a sporting event on Friday night, at commenting on an angry post on Sunday morning, at arranging a conference call while sitting in the dentist office at 7:30 a.M. Getting a cavity filled, at retweeting the boss's PR messages during the holidays.

• Doesn't let people concentrate in their lives

Many people get so much attracted towards social sites that they don't concentrate in their lives all the time they are chatting and don't do any work or concentrate in studies and after they realise their mistake their life is gone .This leaves a very bad effect on the children.

• You could get hacked

My family got hacked and we had to live on the streets all because of stupid social media . All our info was open to the hacker, now we live with our grand mother and she is 100 years old so we left and got a job thank you burger king

• You could get hacked

• Because it kills

Well first of all, i use to use social media. It wasn't that bad at first really, but I realised that my friends were getting bullied and people were asking me random questions about where i live, etc. I decided that i would never talk on stupid group chats, why don't these lazy people get up and actually spend some effort on meeting up at a local coffee store and talk or just go out and talk with your friends. Social media = suicide

• It does not.

Social Media is for those people who have friends in high away places. (IE: Far away) While they may be able to phone them, it just isn't convenient. This is where Social Media can come into play. It's a chat window that anybody can check at any time. What's your sister up to? Oh, she's having a soccer contest next Saturday. People who are her friends can see this without her having to call/post a letter to everyone. It's more convenient to do so. Also, cyberbullying is easily stopped with the "Ignore" and "Block" function that phones/social media sites offer.

• I do not think so. I think it's a bit like sugar.

Unless, of course, you let it rule your life and you do lose the ability to disconnect or unplug yourself from it. Like any tool, it's all about how and why we use it. I very seldom use Facebook but it has proved useful, it is an easy way for my family and friends, dispersed across several continents to keep up with each other, share photos and so on. I do not feel compelled to update my status or tell the world I've made yet another cup of tea or that I'll be washing my hair later.

When I am out with friends or with family, I do not check my phone, when I am on holiday, I stay away from the Internet. Yes, it can be highly addictive (as can a lot of tech) and a lot of the activity that goes on there could be classed as fairly pointless but, it also has served some pretty cool purposes, Facebook and Twitter played a large role in organising protests during the Arab Spring, and that is just one example of how they can be used for non-asinine activities.

Just as it us up to us to eat a healthy and balanced diet if we wish to live and be well, it's also up to us to make space and time for the things that matter.

• Cyberbullying is now not much of trouble

Eg. Bethany mota got out of her grey clouds through YouTube which is a social media. You can also connect with your family or friends. I have a friend who migrated to Arizona and we still know what is happening to each other through instagram, facebook so on and forth. Id you are unale to unplug from it, then it'll be a different thing.

• More than GOOD

It totally depends on individual , how they take these websites . You keep in touch with the family living across continents . Share pictures and remember old times .
    How people take these social networking sites depends on individual.Its upto you to be descent enough to respect people and their feelings

• Social media is good

1. Top new Source
    Social networking sites are a top news source for 27.8% of Americans, ranking below newspapers (28.8%) and above radio (18.8%) and print publications (6%).
    2. Helps teens form their own identities
    California State in Los Angeles psychology professor Kaveri Subrahmanyam found that teens characterize their online friendships into similar hierarchies of closeness as their real-life friendships. Subrahmanyam views the digital world as simply a new and more multidimensional place for teens to do what teens have always done – form their own identities away from their parents.
    3. Builds Confidence
    In fact, according to a report last year by the nonprofit child advocacy group Common Sense Media, one in five teens said social media makes them feel more confident, compared with 4% who said it makes them feel less so.
    In the survey of more than 1,000 13- to 17-year-olds about how they view their digital lives, 28% said social networking made them feel more outgoing versus 5% who said it made them feel less so; and 29% said it made them feel less shy versus the 3% who said it made them feel more introverted.
    4. Helps to keep in touch with friends
    University of Virginia psychologist Amori Yee Mikami points out that teens are using social media sites to keep in touch with friends they already know, not to meet strangers. Although parents of teens should still set rules for their young teen’s online behavior, they have really little to worry about if their teen is psychologically healthy and well-adjusted.

• There is bullying

It is just wrong people know you're information and bully you they tease and laugh and make bad comment. Don't you people understand the danger around you and the this and you give detail for people to track you down you are like a prey and they are like a predator.

• There is bullying

• It is a distraction to students from their studies

Students get distracted from their studies by their posts on those sites, or messages that they get from their friends. This cause them to waste their time while replying their friends. They also neglect ther homework while socialising with their friends. Hence, it basically has more negative effects than positive.

• Social media does more good

For me, social media does more good. You should know how to utilize it. Social networking sites helps in connecting friends who live in far off places. Search engines like Google are helpful as we can get loads of information. From my point of view, it's a very beneficial thing.

fractaldreams says2013-07-15T18:01:57.227
There's a whole bunch of interesting articles on the subject of how social media can, in fact, prove rather anti-social and has the potential to cause us unhappiness and stress (we really don't need), here's a couple:

http://www.Slate.Com/articles/double_x/doublex/2011/01/the_antisocial_network.Html

http://healthland.Time.Com/2013/01/24/why-facebook-makes-you-feel-bad-about-yourself/

Basically, you've got to be strong and confident if you're going to swim in those shark-infested waters! (sorry sharks, i do actually like you very much and we are more of a threat to you than you are to us!)
TheBunnyAssassin says2013-07-16T04:40:34.450
Meh, sorta useful I guess...