• Social media is harmful to society!

Social media is harmful to society. It is. Look at those people who use Facebook. Look at the people with Twitter. Look at the guys with iPhones. How do we know they have iPhones? Because they hold it in front of their faces, texting, and using social media. This is harmful. While YOU could be spending time doing other USEFUL activities, you shouldn't been facing a screen, clicking and chatting.

• More of A weapon than social network

The social networks like Twitter, Facebook, instragram and all those other social networks, all have one thing in common and that is cyberbullying. Anybody can do it, especially on the internet. Its bad enough to be bullied in school but just when you think your safe at home you open your facebook to see your messages full with harmful letters or threats. The social network has given people A way anonymously threaten A person withought getting in trouble for it since most kids today almost never tell their parents what's going on in their lives. Honestly I liked it better when we didn't have all this nonsense and I am sure most people would agree with me.

• Social media harm

Networking websites do a lot more harm due to all of the rude comments and what people can say about you. The websites can cause harm to people involving sexual text and people can hack you stuff and find out where you live. Social media today has wrecked many peoples life, mostly teens and youths and has became their living source.

• Yes because It reduces productivity.

It reduces productivity.
    Spending an hour a day on social media amounts to nine weeks a year! Nine weeks! That’s enough to complete a couple of college courses. Some people spend twice that amount of time on social media. Think what they could create, build, give, or learn with that time.

• Yes I agree

Suppose a child sees someone that she likes the look of the person on facebook and would want the person to also like her she can go into the act of posting nude pictures online so that if any boy should see her and like her would like to know her and by chance they get to know each other she might end up getting pregnant

Posted by :Sarah

• Social media can be good, but...

Social media can be a good thing, that is if you want to communicate. The only problem though is that it becomes an addiction of always checking their status online. Personally, I don't use any social media, and I have been much better off without it than people who do use it

• Social media is a damaging site

Social media today has wreaked many people's life, mostly teens an d youth and has become their living source. Social media has killed many youths and teens our age. It has made some people live a wrong and reckless life. Its has turn the understanding of our young one up side down. It has made many people loose hope.

• Social media is a damaging site

• Social media is a damaging site

• Social media is a damaging site

• It does not.

Social Media is for those people who have friends in high away places. (IE: Far away) While they may be able to phone them, it just isn't convenient. This is where Social Media can come into play. It's a chat window that anybody can check at any time. What's your sister up to? Oh, she's having a soccer contest next Saturday. People who are her friends can see this without her having to call/post a letter to everyone. It's more convenient to do so. Also, cyberbullying is easily stopped with the "Ignore" and "Block" function that phones/social media sites offer.

• I do not think so. I think it's a bit like sugar.

Unless, of course, you let it rule your life and you do lose the ability to disconnect or unplug yourself from it. Like any tool, it's all about how and why we use it. I very seldom use Facebook but it has proved useful, it is an easy way for my family and friends, dispersed across several continents to keep up with each other, share photos and so on. I do not feel compelled to update my status or tell the world I've made yet another cup of tea or that I'll be washing my hair later.

When I am out with friends or with family, I do not check my phone, when I am on holiday, I stay away from the Internet. Yes, it can be highly addictive (as can a lot of tech) and a lot of the activity that goes on there could be classed as fairly pointless but, it also has served some pretty cool purposes, Facebook and Twitter played a large role in organising protests during the Arab Spring, and that is just one example of how they can be used for non-asinine activities.

Just as it us up to us to eat a healthy and balanced diet if we wish to live and be well, it's also up to us to make space and time for the things that matter.

• Cyberbullying is now not much of trouble

Eg. Bethany mota got out of her grey clouds through YouTube which is a social media. You can also connect with your family or friends. I have a friend who migrated to Arizona and we still know what is happening to each other through instagram, facebook so on and forth. Id you are unale to unplug from it, then it'll be a different thing.

• There is bullying

It is just wrong people know you're information and bully you they tease and laugh and make bad comment. Don't you people understand the danger around you and the this and you give detail for people to track you down you are like a prey and they are like a predator.

• It is a distraction to students from their studies

Students get distracted from their studies by their posts on those sites, or messages that they get from their friends. This cause them to waste their time while replying their friends. They also neglect ther homework while socialising with their friends. Hence, it basically has more negative effects than positive.

• Social media does more good

For me, social media does more good. You should know how to utilize it. Social networking sites helps in connecting friends who live in far off places. Search engines like Google are helpful as we can get loads of information. From my point of view, it's a very beneficial thing.

• More good than bad.

What if you are 10000 miles away from someone and you are trying to contact them or their family? Then these networks are lifesavers. If you have a group of friends and you move to the other side of the globe then these websites help you keep in touch. I personally think that they do more good than bad but i DEFINITELY respect anyone else's opinions.

• More good than bad.

• No, not really...

You say bullied? Be strong and ignore. Sooner or later the "bullies" will ignore you. You say we spend too much time sticking our face to the screen. Well not all people are the same. Some people know how to balance virtual and reality. So if you want the rest of the world to do that teach the next generations since young, and the rest of the generations will do the same.

• Social Media is GOOD....(for me)

It has helped me stay in constant contact with my friends from previous schools, organise outings and stay updated through whatsapp groups. I've been able to teach myself bboy or breakdancing through youtube and learn more about my schoolmates through instagram and twitter. In a nutshell it depends on the purpose of social media for the individual.

fractaldreams says2013-07-15T18:01:57.227
There's a whole bunch of interesting articles on the subject of how social media can, in fact, prove rather anti-social and has the potential to cause us unhappiness and stress (we really don't need), here's a couple:

http://www.Slate.Com/articles/double_x/doublex/2011/01/the_antisocial_network.Html

http://healthland.Time.Com/2013/01/24/why-facebook-makes-you-feel-bad-about-yourself/

Basically, you've got to be strong and confident if you're going to swim in those shark-infested waters! (sorry sharks, i do actually like you very much and we are more of a threat to you than you are to us!)
TheBunnyAssassin says2013-07-16T04:40:34.450
Meh, sorta useful I guess...