South Korean president suspected in corruption investigation: Do government officials around the world feel they are above the law?

• Yes, many world leaders feel they are above the law.

The South Korean president is just one of many examples where government officials have acted in an illegal or immoral manner. All over the world there are examples of leaders from different countries conducting themselves in an inappropriate and illegal manner. Their actions indicate that they believe they can do whatever they want because of the position they hold.

• I think many of them do

I believe that there are many world leaders and government officials who feel that, for whatever reason, they are above the law. Many of them do very immoral or questionable things, thinking that it is okay, and that they have the power to either keep it quiet or cover it up.

• Many governemnt officials feel their position offers them extra privilege.

I do believe that many government officials around the world feel as though they are above the law. Many of these individuals in high positions of power and authority feel as though their position offers them extra privilege. Authority figures abusing their position of power and rising above the law is something we have seen throughout history and, unfortunately, this issue is still ever-present to this day.

• Government officials around the world feel they are above the law

Government officials around the world feel they are above the law, and that is no more evident than here in the good old United States. Face it, political leadership plays by a different set of rules. It expects to be treated differently, and often is. There are rules for you and me, then there are rules for them.