• Southern culture is the best.

I believe that southern culture is the better culture because of Southern hospitality, great cities and friendly people, great food, and traditional conservative values and pride in the Confederate and colonial heritage that all Southerners share. Also, Southern culture has a lot to do with being outside. Activities such as fishing and hunting define what most people think of as Southern culture. NASCAR was created in the South, beers such as Bud Light and Budweiser are very popular, and many sodas such as Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Coke, and Mountain Dew were all created in the South.

• I love the land of cotton

The South is special not because of any industrialization, but because of the people. We have Southern gentlemen and Southern belles who are friendly to all and welcoming to newcomers. We have a sense of etiquette that is unmatched in any other region of the United States. For these reasons, I am staying loyal to Dixie!

• I love the land of cotton

• Yankees retire south

If the north is so good why do Yankees all retire in the south? Because economic factors are in their favor. The cost of living is lower, the climate more agreeable, your neighbors are friendlier, the food is good except for Italian, and the women and men are hoter.
    In the north your family will disown you, in the south they mend their differences. In the north everyone lives in fear of their live because of the high crimes rates. In the south everyone has a pistol under their shirt, or on top. Crooks hate armed victims. In the north people are rude, obnoxious, and uncaring. In the south we lend a hand, help others out, and treat everyone fairly. The Cubs still haven't won the World Series, the Braves and the Marlins have both won. Overall the only thing the north does better is rust, poverty, violence in the hood, and Italian food.

• South for me

If lived in up state new york my whole life. Up state is a pretty nice place to be if you like the country. No, the entire state isnt one big city. There thousands of farms through out the state. Nyc is a dingle berry that brings the ehole state down. None of us up staters want to be accoiated with that liberal hell hole. But unfortunately it tends to worm its way up here. So with that being said, the south is a better place for patriotic hard working people to be no matter where they come from. See you soon Texas

• South for me

• South is definitely better.

I have spent considerable time up North, and though I have enjoyed my time North of the Mason-Dixon line, I must say that the South actually HAS a culture while those in the North appear to dislike anyone who is not of their ethnic identity. Southerners are definitely more friendly to strangers.

• Way less liberals.

Anywhere there are way less liberals is a better place to live. There is way more religious and independent people in the south who don't think socialism is the answer. Hard working people who know how to be self sufficient. If the crap his the fan, I dont want to be living in the city. You can bet your sweet ass the liberals will be marauding down to ehere the people know how to live off the land. They better be armed, cause the south will be.

• South is better without a doubt

I go to the city all the time and I get real annoyed from spending hours in traffic, taxes, and just being crowded in a city. Here in the south everyone is friendly, Life is just way easier and a lot less stressful. Everything you need is here and when bad weather hits dozens of people are there to help. Men are actually men and actually know how to change the oil in a car. You city people don't know what your missing out on.

• South is Better!

I'm almost 16 and I moved to Tennessee from Ohio. Granit I might not be in the deep southern part but anyone I've met here is so nice and helpful. My life is better down here because there's less drama and annoying people who are just asses. Though there are people here that make funn of my home state, but I always want to go back to see my family that I miss dearly, so I might freak out on them for doing that. But other than that people here are just phenomenal.

• Northern United States Culture is far superior to Southern United States Culture.

The reason the United States is a Solo Superpower is because of Northern United States Culture. First, North States in the Union are far more industrialized, advanced, and profitable. Secondly, more students from Northern States go to Liberal Arts Colleges and get a more well rounded education. Next, there is only a hand full of different cultures in the Southern States, while in the Northern States there are many diverse cultures from around the World. Also, "Confederate Pride" is pride towards stabbing your closest friends in the back and enslaving African Americans because they are "less superior." Lastly, there is a larger population of Republicans in the Southern States, and less educated "rednecks" that do no good for American Culture.

• For the North!

Those of us in the north enjoy the nice things, like Yellowstone park, tons of snow, potatoes, some big cities, good camping places that you don't have to pay to go to, etc... Plus there isn't a whole bunch more Democrats in the NorthWest than SouthWest, like TommEJ implied. The North also doesn't support or need slavery. The Southern states are great, though.

• North is Accepting

South is more bigoted in race, gender, sex, and religion. One is not allowed to be gay, transgender, non-Christian without being looked down upon in the south. While these are problems in the north as well.. They do not dominate like they do in the south. Plus northern culture promotes voting for leaders who do not abuse religion to get people to vote for them even though their politics only benefit them and their wealthy friends.

• I love the land of cotton

• Northern culture is better

As a high school math teacher who has taught in both Georgia and Pennsylvania I have to admit the north has far better education. The kids in the South know that they will probably be passed (even if they do almost nothing the entire school year). While this is somewhat true in the north, it is not nearly as common as teachers can fail students who do nothing and the Union will still support their job security. The schools that are at, or slightly above the 50 % percentile in the north would be in the top 80 to 90% percentile in Georgia. The kids seem to understand and remember what they were taught in the north significantly better than they do in the south. Plus there are more white, educated and attractive people in the north than there are in the south. Just more competition in the job market up there forcing some of us yankees to move south of the Mason Dixon Line!

• The North way better.

I've been to the south and people are nice and the weather is better but that's it. The north is still way better, more liberal. You can get anything in the north, it's more culturally and linguistically diverse which keeps things interesting. We also get all 4 seasons. Also we are more healthier up north.

• The South is a Medieval Hellhole.

The North generally spearheaded and protected many of the American social and domestic human rights movements as a first world country in the early 1900's to ensure the good of its people. The south still remains in a stupid, backward thinking, capricious slumber in which visions of white power and hate speech are as common as the rising of the sun.

• North is better then south

Southerners while they maybe be more accommodating manner wise. They are a bit slow in there lifestyle and behind in progressive lifestyles. Homosexuality is much more looked down on in the south then up north and so is racial equality. The education level is as well stunted in the south. I see in Florida education is lenient allowing incapable parents to "homeschool" their children. This leads to a lack if importance on educational development w/oh the child. This in turn leads to adults that you can not hold an intellectual conversation with. Coming from NY to Florida I can see a huge difference between education and culture and Florida lack thereof.

• Culture and tradition

Growin up on the south you come to be raised as a man. Therfore, like them northern folks we don't get scared when a gunshot goes off, its second nature. Plus my family would disowe me if i ever showed up wearin them skinny jeans or wearin them preppy little scarfs all yall pretty boys do. Boots and jeans is were i come from.

• I like north

I am a foreign student, I did my undergrad in north and doing my masters in south. When I lived in north. I can go camping and hangout with friends, Which I enjoy. Now I am at south. There is no place for camping. Instead everyone does some sports. Which I am not interested at all. And Texas, everything is suppose to be bigger. But I find it funny that everyone is actually shorter in the south than north. In my conclusion, it really depends on the individual. I just enjoy the north.

kbub says2014-03-20T05:54:57.783
This is a southern-centered subculture (hardly mainstream Southern) vs. All of the rest of America (the American flag does not represent the North. Count the stars. Puerto Rico pending.)
InternetKid says2014-03-22T01:12:22.997
You have two completely different people fighting over what two DIFFERENT parts of the east coast are batter...