Space elevator: Is a space elevator superior to classical rockets?

• The way of the Future

Space Elevators can come out as early as 20 years into the future: We're already investing time looking into Space-Based Solar Power, which will be used not only on Earth,but in the Space Elevators. If we don't move to Space Elevators, we will continue to rely on pricey bundles of oil.

• yes, but dangerous

i don't have an extensive knowledge on space craft, but I would assume that space elevators are superior since I guess it would use less fuel and would allow for a more gradual ascent out our atmosphere, but I don't think it's a good idea. There are a lot of stray asteroids and destroyed space craft floating around out there, so that just seems like a bad idea waiting to happen

• A space elevator is not superior to classical rockets.

First of all, a space elevator does not exist. This might be a good idea if it were plausible, but right now it is just science fiction. It is easy for people to dream of futuristic fantasy machines for space travel, but unfortunately, it is not always possible to make them a reality.