Standardized Testing For Graduation: Should public high school students be required to pass an exam required for graduation?

• Should students be required to pass graduation tests

I agree because Many high school students do not what they would desire to be as their career, therefore to be prepare for their future we must educate them with the materials offered.
    In my opinion, nationwide students should be learned multiple subjects and pass assignments in order to gain knowledge for their future career.

• ! ! !

Many high school students do not what they would desire to be as there career, therefore to prepare for their future we must educate them with the materials offered. In my opinion, nation wide students should be learned multiple subjects and pass assesnments in order to gain knowledge for their future career.

• ! ! !

• Yes, it will help them later

This test will help colleges and work places narrow choices down to see what their applicant really knows. This test could be adapted for people that don't speak english very well, or even have a modified version for those who aren't the best of test takers. This test will encourage more students to do well in school because there is a test at the end that they are required to score well on to graduate, and even the ones that don't graduate they can get the help they need in a nother year of high school.

Posted by: syNK
  • Provides More Opportunities and Knowledge!

While testing can be difficult for some students, the fact of having to pass a test to graduate brings so many so things to people in the school and community. When students have to take a graduate test, they are promoted for more responsibility and most projects/ exams benefit, not only the students with more knowledge and opportunities for the next chapter of their lives, but also the community and schools around them. The community is strengthened by the added knowledge and the more responsible graduated students. The test urge students to work hard and are motivated to do well, creating a better hard working person that others want to hire and others trust.

• A universal standardized test would increase the value of a high school diploma.

A standardized test for all high school students would be a good idea. Currently school districts vary so much in their overall quality, grading, and graduation criteria, that a high school diploma has essentially become useless, as it tells employers and colleges little about the students' actual abilities. By instituting a standardized test for all high schools, a diploma would once again mean something as it would guarantee a graduate had a certain level of proficiency.

• It Would help kids

If we had to take a test it would Show what that person learned and show who has been slacking off it would help kids that are going to college and the kids might forget what they learned this would be a refresher i think it would be worth it even if they are bad test takers

• Should be required

It should be required for students to pass a state test to graduate, or we might as well just out Diploma's to all kids. (including the ones that put forth no effort to graduate.) if we do not require testing the work force would be stuck on debates on the educated and educated(without working hard to obtain degree.)

• Tests are hard!!

Some students might not be good test takers and they probably might fail and they are probably smart!! They should be graduated based on how smart they are and their portfolio and they should graduate off how well they perform!! Not some planned out standardized idiotic state test!! OK?!?! Good!

• Students should not have to take the exam to pass

Because lots of people have trouble taking test and get detracted and also some students are just not good at taking test and that is one of the main reasons that some students fail the test but thy already know what is on the test that is what i think about the subject

• Not for Graduation!

In school I passed each test the very first time. Even fell asleep a few times during the English test. However, I had 8 classmates who were not able to graduate because of those tests. Five of those 8 were honor roll students. I am not against testing, but they do not accurately measure whether a student is ready to move forward to college. 3 of those 5 went to get a GED and graduated college Magna Cum Laud. Test, but do not hold students back.

• The goose man

Student should not be required to pass a standardized test to graduate from high school tests can't show everything they. Schools should reqire different kinds of student work instead of standardized tests. This will show more about what students know and are able to do. I AM THE GOOSE MAN

• No x 1000000.

I think it is really unfair to those people who just start learning English. They might know the answer but not what the question is really asking. I am not raised to speak English and just passes ESL two years ago so I still have some grammar error. I think this is really unfair for some/a lot of people.😞

• Doing this for a debate

Some people want to think that this matters and it's so important and if you don't pass, then that was your fault. But the thing is, we aren't taught about what would be on the test, we can't study about anything to help us out. What kind of life lesson is this teaching us? That the world isn't preparing us for the future? I want to be an Electrician or some kind of Mechanic, and I have to take a Math and English test to graduate? I only took one class to help me out with my goal, and I wasn't awarded anything for it, because I didn't do GREAT on the test, still managed to pass it. But the point is it doesn't matter. There is no test you have to take to graduate college unless you want to pay for it. Doesn't make any sense.

• Too stressful for us

Students shouldn't have to take the tests like NWEA SRI ect. On top of homework, quizzes and classwork. The only test i think we should take is the ACT for college . By the way these are some tests we have to take in michigan. End these tests for us!!

• Testing is hard

I am a high school student in 11th grade and I have taken the Keystones 2 times. To graduate I have to have a 1500 on all 3 keystones and if I don't, I don't graduate. I passed English and math keystones, but I cannot pass bio. The first time I took the bio keystones, I got a 1495, So my school made me retake them a second time. The second time I got a 1499 and I STILL have to retake a 3 hour test. Why? Just to graduate. In my opinion this is not fair because I have so many other things dealing with school on my plate. Its also not fair that I have to retake an entire test over and over and over and over and over and over just to get a 1500. Every time I take the test I feel dumber and dumber because I keep getting close, but I just can't get a 1500. It is not fair that the state has required me to do this. So if they think that students should do this, maybe they should take the test too and see if they get a 1500 and determine how much stress they put on seniors and juniors to graduate.

• No NO NO

Tt tttt tt tt tt t tt tt t tt tt tt t tt tt t tt t tt tt t tt tt t tt tt tt tt t t t6 tt tt tt t tt tt t tt tt t tt tt t t t ttttt ttt t t tt t t t NO NO

• Good Student Passes All Classes But Fails sols and now can't graduate. And that might be e...... Please feel sorry for me please :(

During my freshmen year I didn't know I had to pass my sols to graduate. I failed all of my sols that year however , I passed all of my classes. Last year, in 10th grade I also failed all of my sols and I can't believe I did because I'm a good student and I do all of my work so I was thinking maybe the school boards just fail some kids so they can have a certain number of students who don't pass the sols ..The only Sol that I passed is the world history Sol. I took the algebrara sol 3 times. It doesn't make sense to me know that I keep failing. The sols are suppose to be no child left behind but look at how my students are not graduating because of a standardized test.... Hopefully I pass all of these sols before senior year. I'm really depressed and stressed out about it.
    - A kid who wants to graduate

• Smarts all gone

Once in a blue moon there are smart students who fail the test and are left back. This makes no sense. They do good in their classes but just because of the test score they get left back. Like, not cool bro. They deserve to pass the grade. So yeah.