Students should not be graded on their handwriting

Asked by: rockstar18181
  • Student should not be graded on their handwriting

Student should not be graded on their handwriting The handwriting is just an ability that you have. It helps you to have a good handwriting for people to understand what we're trying to express. Good or bad handwriting doesn't mean that you have a bad grade. It just an ability, doesn't affect anything on the test that we do or a pop quiz. For example, my brother has a bad handwriting and he still have a good grade

• I agree that handwriting is an unfair means for grading

A student who has a brilliant mind concept does not necessarily have a brilliant handwriting. Do you know the writing of Albert Einstein?
    History does, it wasn't really good.
    Do you know the handwriting of a doctor?
    Of course, you do, it seems like a code only which a compounder knows to read.

• Handwriting is a way how we express our feelings on a paper and marks given tells us how good we are at that.

These days teens and children are scared at how they will be graded in the basis of their handwriting and they are scared of the marks and grades because they are bad at it , and if a child gets less marks then he can identify his errors and the next time he gets excellent marks , just because of the marks.

• Yes i agree

Not everyone can write pretty we just have different type of hndwriding and i dont like when i get points of just about our hand writing like if you dont get it ask me dont jist give me a grade and nit all teachers write pretty either way we dont understand what there saying

• Yes i agree

• Yes i agree

• No we should not

People always be getting marks off because they cant read there handwriting when they teacher could just easily ask the kid what this says or something like that. I know ive gotten points off for a teacher not being able to read something and its just not fair so yea

• Why should we

If some kids cant wright well why should they be graded on if there doing good or bad. What i'm saying is that some people who are out there may not be good with writing and making clear letters. Also just think about how dume it relly is just think

• Students should not be graded by their handwriting

Students should not be graded by their handwriting because if someone had the best answer in the whole school but yet they wouldn't get a chance because of their handwriting. This is unacceptable. Make a change. This is disgusting. This can hurt people feelings. This is GROSS. Go make a CHANGE

• No, students should not

Students shouldn't be graded on their handwriting because not everyone has the same writing skills as other people and it's not fair to just take points off a student because of their bad handwriting. Puls mostly everyone types now and days and handwriting isn't as important now. But taking off points because of their bad handwriting is just not fair!

• No we should not

• No we should not

• No we should not

• No we should not

• Why should we

For the simple fact that students cannot help the way their handwriting is. Therefore, it wouldn't be fair because many kids will suffer with failing grades only because of their handwriting which isn't fair at all. Students with good handwriting will have nothing to worry about. Students will believe there is special treatment they don't have good handwriting.

• Because as there in the sixth paragraph it is written ,because if someone is not having good handwriting and he is capable of doing

The work .The people are against must have good handwriting but they will be not good in studies. I figured it about because there is a boy in my class named Pratyush ,he also have good handwriting but he is not good in studies. He always have less mark than me.