• Are you joking me?

Is suicide ok? Is this a trick question? No it not ok. You ask this as if its like a normal thing. If it were, everyone would be doing it. Suicide is not in the least bit "ok". Killing yourself becuase you think life is not worth living is not ok. There is nothing ok about deliberately harming yourself in such a way that it could kill you. People think that cutting is wrong yet they think killing yourself is "ok". What has his world come to?
    Killing yourself is not "ok". I will repeat this as many times as it needs to be repeated until people understand that. I don't care whether your an atheist or not. I don't care whether you accept it or not. It's not "ok". You think you're doing a favour to those who want to end their lives by standing up for them? Well all you're doing is giving them further reason to think its "ok" to kill themselves. Why on earth are we asking ourselves if suicide is "ok"? It's obviously not, is murder "ok"? No. These peope need help and all you're doing is encouraging them by making people believe that it is "ok". "Ok" as in its normal. Is anything normal about wanting to kill yourself? No.
    You know what's not "ok". People who make others want to kill themselves. That is not "ok". And yet these people walk free. This is the disgusting thing about humanity, we like to label things that are obviously not normal as "ok" and we let people run free and do whatever harm they like to others without any back lash.
    Suicide is not "ok". Life matters and those who say yes are just dismissing suicide as if its not a problem. As if those who want to commit suicide don't matter. They do matter and saying that its ok for people to commit suicide is not helping them. News flash, most people who want to commit suicide don't actually want to die. Why are you encouraging them? This is just sad.

• The decision of the individual to commit suicide is justifiable (OK) on the grounds that, it is their individual choice.

From an atheistic standpoint (being that I'm an atheist), I have no religious bounds to say that, "Suicide is selfish because you are rejecting God's gift," since I think that's silly--you're no longer living for yourself, but for the sake of someone else. It is a collectivist notion that I believe many people fall into whenever they look at suicide in retrospect, or when they are weighing the decision as a whole. Suicide is only selfish in a couple of instances, truly: a) when you use suicide, your life, as a weapon to "get back" at someone, possibly your parents. In this instance, you are devaluing the importance of your life on the grounds that you want to spite someone, not because you feel that it's actually a good decision to make; b) when you want to commit suicide because it seems like the escape to an immediate situation of which you have not weighed all the possibilities or outcomes; in this case, it is a bit harder to say that suicide is "unjust" on the grounds that, if you are considering suicide, you are probably not in the right state of mind, your perception is not totally clear, because you are most likely depressed. That's a matter of psychology, and in that way, we would say that suicide is the symptom of a disease rather than an individual choice; this is not always the case though. There are perfectly sane people who consider suicide everyday--and do commit it--without the heavy, psychological problems which come with depressed individuals. I would like to substantiate my saying this with noting that I have been diagnosed with depression, and have attempted suicide four times in my life now (of course, I haven't, for a number of reasons). I believe that suicide also becomes unjustifiable when, as in case a), you seem to be doing it more because of another person rather than for yourself; that is to say, you base your actions more on the reaction of others rather than your own reasoning. The act of suicide is an individual matter, it is a matter of the self, and determining what is the weight of one's own life. People who either blame themselves or feel bad for a suicide that is not "targeted" (a), are being irrational and continue to cause suicide to be miscalculated as something always vindictive, and as a result, create a false perception about the person who committed suicide; we treat it as murder rather than a separate entity. Note, this is not saying that we /should/ commit suicide; as Albert Camus mediated in "The Myth of Sisyphus." Camus reasoned that, the most important philosophical question was whether or not we should commit suicide due to the fact that, we all live as Sisyphus, constantly rolling a boulder up a steep hill, only to watch it roll down again. Rather than be disposed about the act, Sisyphus should take pride and smile in spite of it.

• Yes, it is.

"That which does not cause unnecessary harm to an innocent party who has not consented to said harm may not be considered immoral".

^^That is a mantra I consider to be wise, that is based upon the teachings of modern philosophers and educators. Suicide does not meet the criteria this philosophical razor demands of an immoral act, and I would therefore not consider it immoral.

• Are you joking me?

• It's Not worth it

You were given life. You didn't chose when you would be given birth, you don't choose when you die. Life is something that you got, and things that you get should be taken care of. It's rude to throw away gifts. Returning them back too. Now, sometimes it can be hard. But nothing ever lasts forever. Neither does pain.

• Suicide should never be an option

We're all given a life and we should cherish it; despite the hardships we face and whatever heartbreaking event comes our way, giving up our life for that is not worth it. You have to look at two sides when you're put into a situation where you are depressed. Yes, there is someone/something who lead you to think about such a horrific option, however, there's also those who depend on you, those who love you, and those who care about you to an extent where they themselves will consider suicide once you have committed it. Then someone else will commit suicide for the person who committed it for you, and it goes on. Hence, what does suicide become? A trend. Is this really a trend that you want to encourage others to follow? When you're risking your life and you think you've reached the endpoint of your life and no longer have a reason to live, put yourself in the position of those who don't have a roof over their head, those who rely on the polluted water in rivers or lakes or other unsanitary bodies of water for drinking, those who reluctantly leave their families to far away places to find a low paying job that will support their living, and lastly, think about those who are in the same situation as you but they're bearing the ordeal because they're determined to stay alive for those who care about them. Giving your life away before it is supposed to be taken away should only be acceptable when you're under so much pain from maybe therapy or a surgery where you can no longer endure the symptoms of the illness . However, considering suicide because of any other reason should never be acceptable regardless of how much agony you think you're going through because of a recent break up or from getting bullied, etc. Your life was given to you to live; not to end.

• No way!! Absolutely not!

Those who are depressed and want to die can be helped. The people in that person's life can help by offering companionship and assistance... And there are also medications too. I myself was suicidally depressed as a teenager, and the people in my life helped me. I am now eternally thankful. I love life now, and to think that I could have perished. To say that suicide is "ok," is to say that it's ok not to try and help someone who is suffering. That is NOT ok.

• Absolutely no way!

• Absolutely no way!

• Absolutely no way!