Supreme Court nominee: should the senate wait until after the election to confirm a new Supreme Court judge?

• Yes they should

Obama has committed more violations of the constitution than any president before him including George Bush, if he gets to pick a nominee that is supposed to defend the constitution, this will not end well, it will be another 30 or 40 years of Obama, thee will be no constitution left.

• Tough one, but yes

I'm not sure how crazy things are right now at the Whitehouse and in DC in general, but considering how overwhelmed the general public is right now with election stuff, it just makes sense to wait until things settle down a bit. I could be wrong, but I don't want such an important decision as a supreme court judge being rushed into or overlooked.

• I don't think it has to do much with the general elections.

Just elect the judge. I don't think it has to do with the general electilon, although it does have to do with the president we have now. However, if it the selection were to lean in my favor, I would wait till Donald Trump takes office until we select a new judge.

• No, the senate should advise and consent with the standing President to confirm a new Supreme Court judge.

No, the senate should work with the standing President to advise and consent to the confirmation of a new Supreme Court judge. The work of the United States government should continue according to the United States Constitution. Election years should not interfere with the task of filling the Supreme Court vacancy. The Supreme Court needs to have nine judges in order to have a definitive vote on federal matters, and the vacancy should be filled as soon as possible to provide the Supreme Court with the necessary members to rule definitively.

• No, they should not wait.

Past presidents have nominated Supreme Court Judges at the end of their term. There is no reason to wait for a new term, especially since President Obama is not trying to get reelected. The stalling process speaks of racism and should not be tolerated. Obama still has 6 months left as President.