• Tau is useless

Tau is defined as 2 pi. I have asked multiple people about the controversy between tau and pi. Most of these people didn't even know what I was saying. Then I proceeded to ask a math teacher, she then said it doesn't matter which one you use, but most people are more familiar with pi. Pi has literally been around for hundreds of years, and for all the people who say we need to update, I say this.

Pi, to me, is more intuitive, for more people. Pi breaks down the basis of a circle into two separate parts. Tau does not break down a circle at all, it is a whole circle (using radians as measurement). Most of the people that I talk to need things to be broken down.

For instance, if I had a whole pie, and I wanted to find the area, tauists would say you should use tau instead of 2 pi. I would say why would you use that? They would say it is a simple form of 2 pi. This is saying that y = 2x, why use 2x when you could use y.

This whole argument is based on this situation. For the situations you would use 2 pi, you could technically use tau. But most people are going to know pi, use pi, and understand pi more than they would tau. You would have to teach an entire generation to learn tau. The amount of time that goes into this makes this nearly worthless.

In the words of most everyone in the world, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it."
    Pi has been around for hundreds of years, why change it now when it works just fine as it is?

• Tau is needless

• Pi is more useful for longer periods of time.

Pi is used in many more equations and formulas early on, so you will use pi for longer periods of time when learning math. In addition, Pi is a well known and world wide system learned in every single school from Miami to Chengdu. Pi is in my opinion better.
    Trent, you need to say which side is what. Pi/yes, Tau/no.

• Tau is better.

Tau is the more useful unit when using radians. For example, a quarter tau radians is a quarter of a circle. Pi on the other hand, you need to use math to figure out how much of a circle a quarter pi radians is and remember the conversion. For that reason, tau is better.