Teenagers are not irresponsible, they are just misunderstood.

Asked by: papayarocx5
  • I am a teen how can I say no!

We as teens sometimes do things that our parents and/or guardians believe are irresponsible. This is not necessarily true. Adults think that anything that's not grownup behavior is irresponsible, and not mature. For a teen to do things that are not the smartest thing ever is normal. We are still kids after all!

• Adults can be just as irresponsible

Adults moan about how teenagers are getting worse and yet they make mistakes too. Also they expect us to be perfect, but we find life hard as it is with peer pressure. They moan about teens going off the rails and yet I've known adults going off the rails too.

• I have friend who is a teen

He has some kind friends who looked past the idea that I was younger than them and played smash bros with me . I think that people say that teens are evil because that they forgot what it was like when they where teens .I might not be a teen yet but I think they are kind and understanding as everyone else.

• Learn about us

Everyone says oh we are so irresponsible and lazy and careless well guess what we are not you need to learn how we think how our minds are set why we do what we do there is a reason behind everything so there must be a reason for our actions rite adults say we must ac mature but when we do we think we have attitude and we are disrespectful one minute it is act like your age and the next minute it is who do you feel you are you are only a teenager not an adult so please learn the way we think before you judge and criticize us and yes I am a teenager so don't hate because I agree with some of the negative things we do

• Learn about us

• Stop misinterpreting our actions

It is a well-known fact that teenagers have quite a reputation for being difficult, disobedient, and chaotic in general. The stereotypical way of looking at us is: tall, moody and wearing hoodies all the time. This may be true in some cases but certainly not all the time. Adults, for some reason seem to have the tendency to misunderstand what we are trying to show. For example, I am 14 years old and if I told my mum after a long day at school that I was too tired to do the dishes, the next minute she'd be on the phone complaining to other mothers about how lazy and moody I was.

• Reply to the article

I am a teenager and am regularly misunderstood so I was supporting side YES but in the article the parents are right. The boy should have contacted his parents after reaching his friends house. I doubt his friend did not have a mobile or landline. His parents must be worried out of their minds. In this one the parents were right and child was wrong

• We definitely aren't irresponsible

It's only our elders who think we are irresponsible. We try are best to complete our studies and we understand our duties. Our parents want to make us more responsible, so they also should no be blamed for calling us irresponsible. We understand our duties and want to do them sincerely. We aren't irresponsible but the only think I would want to say at last is that we must become a little more responsible.

• Teens are misunderstood

• Adolescents are considered to be rebellious and offensive
    • The reason they are considered like that is because adults have forgotten what is it like to be a teenager
    • There are still several adults expect adolescents to act in a certain way
    • Public interpreted adolescents as bad or naughty.
    • Several people believe teenagers have to be controlled or kept an eye on.
    • Evidence prooved that part of brain is less mature than the adult brain, and causes teenager to misunderstood.
    • When adults grow older, their brain will develop a defense mechanism.

• We are irresponsible at times, but not all the time

While teenagers do irresponsible things at times, that doesn't mean we do bad stuff all the time. I hate how us teens are treated like kids but at the same time we're expected to act like adults. I wish people would understand that life as a teen isn't all high school musical or going out and having fun. And it's annoying when adults tell teens that they're "too young to be tired." A lot of teens are very responsible, it's just you always hear the stories of teens getting drunk and pregnant.

• Teenagers are irresponsible.

I, myself, am a teenager. I am turning 15 in the upcoming months. However, I think teenagers are all irresponsible, people all irresponsible at different degrees. I also do agree adults have a certain degree of irresponsibility, again, depending on the person and the topic. In a summary, irresponsibility is defined as not having or showing maturity or good judgment : not responsible, according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary. Based on standards of today's society, everyone has some type of irresponsibility to a degree, however big or small that may be.

• Frontal Lobe Development

Thats what makes them irresponsible AND missunderstood. Most people dont get it, because they have either forgotten what they felt, or consider their own actions as teenagers outrageous and become hypocritical. Teenagers ARE irresponsible, but should not be treated like adults, because most of the time they have no idea why they feel how they feel, and are only now learning to control it. They are misunderstood because adults forgot how they felt, and never learned how to help them.

I grew up real fast. I taught myself most of the stuff I did. And did the stuff 16 year olds pulled, when I was 12. By 15 I was mentally 20, stopped drinking and partying.

Even now at 23 my coworkers usually think I am 30. I dont look old, I just grew up fast.

• Yes, they are irresponsible

Lumping teenagers into one group is absurd. I am 16, and I generally perceive myself to be more responsible than my peers. However, generally speaking, teenagers tend to be irresponsible. How exactly are they "misunderstood"? Going out to parties and binge drinking is irresponsible. Bullying your peers is irresponsible. And failing to do minor things, such as cleaning your room, is irresponsible.

• They are, by the majority

Teenagers are usually much more irresponsible than adults; they are trained to be in public schools, yet expected to behave like adults. I think that they are taught to ignore wisdom and instruction, and to do whatever they want to. It's almost completely the fault of our government. Two words

• Children are ignorant

I am a teenager and I say that we are not misunderstood we are just people who are lazy, refuse to listen to orders and we think we can do whatever we want. Yes it is our life but our parents know what is best for us. We get in trouble for our actions and we think we are being misunderstood but we are just paying the price for our childish actions. We as teenagers need to become more responsible

• Reply to the article

• Reply to the article

• I agree with DDO

Irresponsible with homework and lazy with housework. Teenagers always lazy, they go home and don't do anything from homework to housework for them and for their parents. Next í they also go to see some handsome guys so their test also very bad. And their parents don't know and don't tell them too. Oh it so crazy.

• I agree with DDO

• Children are not irresponsible

Children are not irresponsible because the follow the paths or footsteps of the adults because e.g. the adult don't use the pedestrian crossing when walking across the street. Base on that statement once a child sees that he/she will want to do the same. So children are not irresponsible because as a child you would do/ follow as the adults do.

MassiveDump says2014-01-02T23:35:42.777
All I care about is the 6teen thumbnail. I miss that show.
Quan says2014-01-03T20:41:58.167
They are irresponsible, but they are not *inherently* irresponsible. They are irresponsible primarily because their environment has conditioned them to be irresponsible. Overparenting, for example.
akdebater907 says2016-01-26T18:33:07.380
How many people took this poll?