Teenagers are not irresponsible, they are just misunderstood.

Asked by: papayarocx5
  • I am a teen how can I say no!

We as teens sometimes do things that our parents and/or guardians believe are irresponsible. This is not necessarily true. Adults think that anything that's not grownup behavior is irresponsible, and not mature. For a teen to do things that are not the smartest thing ever is normal. We are still kids after all!

• Adults have forgotten what it's like to be a teenager.

In moderation, the stress levels for teenagers and the things they are faced with have changed to become more difficult and full of pressure and expectation. If a teen decides to do something reckless it is probably because they seek some relief from the hardships they are tasked with. This age group shouldn't be penalized for wanting to be able to breathe. You can ask an adult to tell you how their teenager years were and if they'd like to go back. The fact is that for most people their teenager years were stressful beyond belief and they'd much rather live out their adult life trying to forget about the pimples, exams and foolishness that is, teenage years.

• An article i read

It was late night when a teen boy was returning home after viewing a movie together with all his friends. Then suddenly it started raining hard and I didn't even take a name of stopping so that this boy can return home safely. But no the rain was not taking the name of stopping till then yet also. The boy then decided to go to his friend's home and stay there till the rain would stop and he could reach the home safely. So he stayed there at his friend's home and then he went to his home next day morning . There his parents were too much angry and they misunderstood him too much on him because he didn't inform them that he was at his friend's home. This boy's parents thought that he was roaming on the road for the freedom they gave to him and even the parents thought that this boy had done something wrong. Therefore this boy was ill treated for being a teenager and not coming home.

• An article i read

• We are misunderstood

As a 15 year old I can say that can be controlling at sometimes. It's not fair they have gotten so controlling to where I have to ask to go into the fridge and everytime I speak up I get slapped in the face. Its un fair and it not right. We want to be trusted. Not trusting us not only makes us act out, it makes us feel like were in prison.

• We are not irresponsible!

We just want to state our oppinions, and somehow our parents or helpers don't seem to understand that. They think we're talking back, when all we need is someone to listen to us and to explain it to them from our point of view. We are overall just kids in a maturing body!

• We are not irresponsible!!!

Yes we are definitely a lil childish but iys not right for parents to force their decisions, the rules they were to follow on us. They were taught to maintain discipline even when no one is watching. They'relives were dull and mundane. We teenagers would not like to be that. We want spiced up lives and every moment made memorable. Yes, I agree that a handful of teens do a few things which are not acceptable, but that doesn't mean all of us are on that track. There is a huge generation gap with the evolutionof new technologies and breaking of old customs. We are just different. Don't give difference the name of IRRESPONSIBILITY.....Please....

• We are not irresponsible!!!

• We're not irresponsible....

• Teenagers are just misunderstood

I do personally think that teenagers do alot of itrresponisble things at this age, but i believe that the reason teenagers often act out the way they do is because they just feel misunderstood and alone. There is not just one concrete reason either but like more of everything just working in tandem to make your life suck. At adolescence, the kid's bodies are flooded with hormones, just going all out on them. These hormones are changing their bodies, making them notice things they haven't before and feeling in ways they aren't use to. They begin to want to have closer relationships between friends than with parents at this point. They begin to notice the opposite sex and body image becomes a bigger thing for them. Adolescence by nature is an intense experience of ups and downs while adulthood is more stable. They are feeling new emotions that they haven't felt before, it's new and it's exciting. The teenage kids may begin to push the boundaries as they get older because that is what is normal, in humans and in animals. Parents usually have a hard time with this, they don't always want for their kids to grow up. Not always even in the sense that they want their babies to stay little forever, but in the sense that they don't want to let the kids make their own mistakes. Parents care about their offspring, and want to protect their children , but kids need to grow up. Sometimes you learn more by making irresponsible decisions than by followong the rules, you are learning from experience. Growing up is very overwhelming, sometimes adults forget that.

• Teenagers are irresponsible.

I, myself, am a teenager. I am turning 15 in the upcoming months. However, I think teenagers are all irresponsible, people all irresponsible at different degrees. I also do agree adults have a certain degree of irresponsibility, again, depending on the person and the topic. In a summary, irresponsibility is defined as not having or showing maturity or good judgment : not responsible, according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary. Based on standards of today's society, everyone has some type of irresponsibility to a degree, however big or small that may be.

• Frontal Lobe Development

Thats what makes them irresponsible AND missunderstood. Most people dont get it, because they have either forgotten what they felt, or consider their own actions as teenagers outrageous and become hypocritical. Teenagers ARE irresponsible, but should not be treated like adults, because most of the time they have no idea why they feel how they feel, and are only now learning to control it. They are misunderstood because adults forgot how they felt, and never learned how to help them.

I grew up real fast. I taught myself most of the stuff I did. And did the stuff 16 year olds pulled, when I was 12. By 15 I was mentally 20, stopped drinking and partying.

Even now at 23 my coworkers usually think I am 30. I dont look old, I just grew up fast.

• Yes, they are irresponsible

Lumping teenagers into one group is absurd. I am 16, and I generally perceive myself to be more responsible than my peers. However, generally speaking, teenagers tend to be irresponsible. How exactly are they "misunderstood"? Going out to parties and binge drinking is irresponsible. Bullying your peers is irresponsible. And failing to do minor things, such as cleaning your room, is irresponsible.

• They are, by the majority

Teenagers are usually much more irresponsible than adults; they are trained to be in public schools, yet expected to behave like adults. I think that they are taught to ignore wisdom and instruction, and to do whatever they want to. It's almost completely the fault of our government. Two words

• Children are not irresponsible

Children are not irresponsible because the follow the paths or footsteps of the adults because e.g. the adult don't use the pedestrian crossing when walking across the street. Base on that statement once a child sees that he/she will want to do the same. So children are not irresponsible because as a child you would do/ follow as the adults do.

• Children are not irresponsible

• Children are not irresponsible

• Yes they are

They always use it as an excuse to cover their faults. Teenagers must realise you cant be protected always by the law/parents when you have done something bad. Take your responsibilities seriously for once. You arent kids anymore. There are concequences in this world. And stop blaming us adults for everything.

• Yes they are

• Nope nope nope nope nope

I'm 15 years old and a freshman in high school. All my classmates are constantly on Snapchat, whether we are in class or not. It's so annoying because they're insolent and insubordinate. Half of them don't even do their homework. When I get home from school, I do homework, watch some YouTube videos, and read novels (granted, I'm a die-hard reader). I don't bother casting my line in the addictive cesspools of SJWs and idiots. Social media is just another fake popularity contest. You think you're famous because you have a hundred followers or subscribers, but you're not. We need to stop being lazy and irresponsible because I fear for my generation.

MassiveDump says2014-01-02T23:35:42.777
All I care about is the 6teen thumbnail. I miss that show.
Quan says2014-01-03T20:41:58.167
They are irresponsible, but they are not *inherently* irresponsible. They are irresponsible primarily because their environment has conditioned them to be irresponsible. Overparenting, for example.
akdebater907 says2016-01-26T18:33:07.380
How many people took this poll?