Teenagers are not irresponsible, they are just misunderstood.

Asked by: papayarocx5
  • I am a teen how can I say no!

We as teens sometimes do things that our parents and/or guardians believe are irresponsible. This is not necessarily true. Adults think that anything that's not grownup behavior is irresponsible, and not mature. For a teen to do things that are not the smartest thing ever is normal. We are still kids after all!

• Teens are expected to act as an adult but are treated as a child

I think that it is extremely unfair for us teens to be treated as children when we are completely capable of making our own decisions and leading our own path in life. I think teens are just misunderstood and sometimes need a second chance. A as teen you often test your boundaries, and are trying to figure out limits, but not being irresponsible.

• I'm a teen we get way too much pressure

We are misunderstood. We are not children but we'd sometimes treated that way. We are not adults but we are expected to act like one. We have life changing exams are given stereotypical things like how we r disrespectful and have burdens of getting good grades or peer pressure and now have the responsibility of an adult. We are given a lot of pressure and stress which is why more teens suffer from anxiety.

We are not irresponsible we just have a lot of stress.
    Also a study shows that teenagers do rebellious things so that the brain learns.

• Adults have forgotten what it's like to be a teenager.

In moderation, the stress levels for teenagers and the things they are faced with have changed to become more difficult and full of pressure and expectation. If a teen decides to do something reckless it is probably because they seek some relief from the hardships they are tasked with. This age group shouldn't be penalized for wanting to be able to breathe. You can ask an adult to tell you how their teenager years were and if they'd like to go back. The fact is that for most people their teenager years were stressful beyond belief and they'd much rather live out their adult life trying to forget about the pimples, exams and foolishness that is, teenage years.

• An article i read

It was late night when a teen boy was returning home after viewing a movie together with all his friends. Then suddenly it started raining hard and I didn't even take a name of stopping so that this boy can return home safely. But no the rain was not taking the name of stopping till then yet also. The boy then decided to go to his friend's home and stay there till the rain would stop and he could reach the home safely. So he stayed there at his friend's home and then he went to his home next day morning . There his parents were too much angry and they misunderstood him too much on him because he didn't inform them that he was at his friend's home. This boy's parents thought that he was roaming on the road for the freedom they gave to him and even the parents thought that this boy had done something wrong. Therefore this boy was ill treated for being a teenager and not coming home.

• An article i read

• We are misunderstood

As a 15 year old I can say that can be controlling at sometimes. It's not fair they have gotten so controlling to where I have to ask to go into the fridge and everytime I speak up I get slapped in the face. Its un fair and it not right. We want to be trusted. Not trusting us not only makes us act out, it makes us feel like were in prison.

• We are not irresponsible!

We just want to state our oppinions, and somehow our parents or helpers don't seem to understand that. They think we're talking back, when all we need is someone to listen to us and to explain it to them from our point of view. We are overall just kids in a maturing body!

• We are not irresponsible!!!

Yes we are definitely a lil childish but iys not right for parents to force their decisions, the rules they were to follow on us. They were taught to maintain discipline even when no one is watching. They'relives were dull and mundane. We teenagers would not like to be that. We want spiced up lives and every moment made memorable. Yes, I agree that a handful of teens do a few things which are not acceptable, but that doesn't mean all of us are on that track. There is a huge generation gap with the evolutionof new technologies and breaking of old customs. We are just different. Don't give difference the name of IRRESPONSIBILITY.....Please....

• We are not irresponsible!!!

• Teenagers are irresponsible.

I, myself, am a teenager. I am turning 15 in the upcoming months. However, I think teenagers are all irresponsible, people all irresponsible at different degrees. I also do agree adults have a certain degree of irresponsibility, again, depending on the person and the topic. In a summary, irresponsibility is defined as not having or showing maturity or good judgment : not responsible, according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary. Based on standards of today's society, everyone has some type of irresponsibility to a degree, however big or small that may be.

• Frontal Lobe Development

Thats what makes them irresponsible AND missunderstood. Most people dont get it, because they have either forgotten what they felt, or consider their own actions as teenagers outrageous and become hypocritical. Teenagers ARE irresponsible, but should not be treated like adults, because most of the time they have no idea why they feel how they feel, and are only now learning to control it. They are misunderstood because adults forgot how they felt, and never learned how to help them.

I grew up real fast. I taught myself most of the stuff I did. And did the stuff 16 year olds pulled, when I was 12. By 15 I was mentally 20, stopped drinking and partying.

Even now at 23 my coworkers usually think I am 30. I dont look old, I just grew up fast.

• Yes, they are irresponsible

Lumping teenagers into one group is absurd. I am 16, and I generally perceive myself to be more responsible than my peers. However, generally speaking, teenagers tend to be irresponsible. How exactly are they "misunderstood"? Going out to parties and binge drinking is irresponsible. Bullying your peers is irresponsible. And failing to do minor things, such as cleaning your room, is irresponsible.

• They are, by the majority

Teenagers are usually much more irresponsible than adults; they are trained to be in public schools, yet expected to behave like adults. I think that they are taught to ignore wisdom and instruction, and to do whatever they want to. It's almost completely the fault of our government. Two words

• I agree with DDO

Irresponsible with homework and lazy with housework. Teenagers always lazy, they go home and don't do anything from homework to housework for them and for their parents. Next í they also go to see some handsome guys so their test also very bad. And their parents don't know and don't tell them too. Oh it so crazy.

• I agree with DDO

• Children are not irresponsible

Children are not irresponsible because the follow the paths or footsteps of the adults because e.g. the adult don't use the pedestrian crossing when walking across the street. Base on that statement once a child sees that he/she will want to do the same. So children are not irresponsible because as a child you would do/ follow as the adults do.

• Children are not irresponsible

• Children are not irresponsible

• Yes they are

They always use it as an excuse to cover their faults. Teenagers must realise you cant be protected always by the law/parents when you have done something bad. Take your responsibilities seriously for once. You arent kids anymore. There are concequences in this world. And stop blaming us adults for everything.

MassiveDump says2014-01-02T23:35:42.777
All I care about is the 6teen thumbnail. I miss that show.
Quan says2014-01-03T20:41:58.167
They are irresponsible, but they are not *inherently* irresponsible. They are irresponsible primarily because their environment has conditioned them to be irresponsible. Overparenting, for example.
akdebater907 says2016-01-26T18:33:07.380
How many people took this poll?