Teenagers are not irresponsible, they are just misunderstood.

Asked by: papayarocx5
  • I am a teen how can I say no!

We as teens sometimes do things that our parents and/or guardians believe are irresponsible. This is not necessarily true. Adults think that anything that's not grownup behavior is irresponsible, and not mature. For a teen to do things that are not the smartest thing ever is normal. We are still kids after all!

• Reply to the article

I am a teenager and am regularly misunderstood so I was supporting side YES but in the article the parents are right. The boy should have contacted his parents after reaching his friends house. I doubt his friend did not have a mobile or landline. His parents must be worried out of their minds. In this one the parents were right and child was wrong

• We definitely aren't irresponsible

It's only our elders who think we are irresponsible. We try are best to complete our studies and we understand our duties. Our parents want to make us more responsible, so they also should no be blamed for calling us irresponsible. We understand our duties and want to do them sincerely. We aren't irresponsible but the only think I would want to say at last is that we must become a little more responsible.

• Teens are misunderstood

• Adolescents are considered to be rebellious and offensive
    • The reason they are considered like that is because adults have forgotten what is it like to be a teenager
    • There are still several adults expect adolescents to act in a certain way
    • Public interpreted adolescents as bad or naughty.
    • Several people believe teenagers have to be controlled or kept an eye on.
    • Evidence prooved that part of brain is less mature than the adult brain, and causes teenager to misunderstood.
    • When adults grow older, their brain will develop a defense mechanism.

• We are irresponsible at times, but not all the time

While teenagers do irresponsible things at times, that doesn't mean we do bad stuff all the time. I hate how us teens are treated like kids but at the same time we're expected to act like adults. I wish people would understand that life as a teen isn't all high school musical or going out and having fun. And it's annoying when adults tell teens that they're "too young to be tired." A lot of teens are very responsible, it's just you always hear the stories of teens getting drunk and pregnant.

• I am a teen...I cant say NO!!

I hate this fact that we are the most misunderstood people on the earth.Parents don't just think the way we perceive things. It feels we are living in a prison. Literally its just irritating.WE HAVE OUR OWN LIVES and we are capable of taking our decisions.Once my parents were not at home.I was all alone in the house so i decided to call my friend to be with me.We were having fun when my uncle called me and told me that he would be coming tonight with his family .I tried to contact my parents but because of network problem i couldn't contact them. I thought of making preparations with the help of my friend. So we went to the market and bought necessary items and tried to prepare the dinner. As i was working for the very first time in the kitchen, i was not used to it and made a mess in the kitchen. When my parents returned home,before i could tell them anything, they started to rebuke me for the mess. I felt very bad. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. My uncle had arrived. My parents came to know about the reason for the mess, but it as too late to apologise. After that incident i realised that the life of teens is not easy.....

• I am a teen...I cant say NO!!

• Teens are expected to act as an adult but are treated as a child

I think that it is extremely unfair for us teens to be treated as children when we are completely capable of making our own decisions and leading our own path in life. I think teens are just misunderstood and sometimes need a second chance. A as teen you often test your boundaries, and are trying to figure out limits, but not being irresponsible.

• I'm a teen we get way too much pressure

We are misunderstood. We are not children but we'd sometimes treated that way. We are not adults but we are expected to act like one. We have life changing exams are given stereotypical things like how we r disrespectful and have burdens of getting good grades or peer pressure and now have the responsibility of an adult. We are given a lot of pressure and stress which is why more teens suffer from anxiety.

We are not irresponsible we just have a lot of stress.
    Also a study shows that teenagers do rebellious things so that the brain learns.

• Adults have forgotten what it's like to be a teenager.

In moderation, the stress levels for teenagers and the things they are faced with have changed to become more difficult and full of pressure and expectation. If a teen decides to do something reckless it is probably because they seek some relief from the hardships they are tasked with. This age group shouldn't be penalized for wanting to be able to breathe. You can ask an adult to tell you how their teenager years were and if they'd like to go back. The fact is that for most people their teenager years were stressful beyond belief and they'd much rather live out their adult life trying to forget about the pimples, exams and foolishness that is, teenage years.

• Teenagers are irresponsible.

I, myself, am a teenager. I am turning 15 in the upcoming months. However, I think teenagers are all irresponsible, people all irresponsible at different degrees. I also do agree adults have a certain degree of irresponsibility, again, depending on the person and the topic. In a summary, irresponsibility is defined as not having or showing maturity or good judgment : not responsible, according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary. Based on standards of today's society, everyone has some type of irresponsibility to a degree, however big or small that may be.

• Frontal Lobe Development

Thats what makes them irresponsible AND missunderstood. Most people dont get it, because they have either forgotten what they felt, or consider their own actions as teenagers outrageous and become hypocritical. Teenagers ARE irresponsible, but should not be treated like adults, because most of the time they have no idea why they feel how they feel, and are only now learning to control it. They are misunderstood because adults forgot how they felt, and never learned how to help them.

I grew up real fast. I taught myself most of the stuff I did. And did the stuff 16 year olds pulled, when I was 12. By 15 I was mentally 20, stopped drinking and partying.

Even now at 23 my coworkers usually think I am 30. I dont look old, I just grew up fast.

• Yes, they are irresponsible

Lumping teenagers into one group is absurd. I am 16, and I generally perceive myself to be more responsible than my peers. However, generally speaking, teenagers tend to be irresponsible. How exactly are they "misunderstood"? Going out to parties and binge drinking is irresponsible. Bullying your peers is irresponsible. And failing to do minor things, such as cleaning your room, is irresponsible.

• They are, by the majority

Teenagers are usually much more irresponsible than adults; they are trained to be in public schools, yet expected to behave like adults. I think that they are taught to ignore wisdom and instruction, and to do whatever they want to. It's almost completely the fault of our government. Two words

• Children are ignorant

I am a teenager and I say that we are not misunderstood we are just people who are lazy, refuse to listen to orders and we think we can do whatever we want. Yes it is our life but our parents know what is best for us. We get in trouble for our actions and we think we are being misunderstood but we are just paying the price for our childish actions. We as teenagers need to become more responsible

• Reply to the article

• Reply to the article

• I agree with DDO

Irresponsible with homework and lazy with housework. Teenagers always lazy, they go home and don't do anything from homework to housework for them and for their parents. Next í they also go to see some handsome guys so their test also very bad. And their parents don't know and don't tell them too. Oh it so crazy.

• I agree with DDO

• Children are not irresponsible

Children are not irresponsible because the follow the paths or footsteps of the adults because e.g. the adult don't use the pedestrian crossing when walking across the street. Base on that statement once a child sees that he/she will want to do the same. So children are not irresponsible because as a child you would do/ follow as the adults do.

MassiveDump says2014-01-02T23:35:42.777
All I care about is the 6teen thumbnail. I miss that show.
Quan says2014-01-03T20:41:58.167
They are irresponsible, but they are not *inherently* irresponsible. They are irresponsible primarily because their environment has conditioned them to be irresponsible. Overparenting, for example.
akdebater907 says2016-01-26T18:33:07.380
How many people took this poll?