Telemarketers are annoying. One British man paid to have his number listed as a premium-rate number and actually earned some money. Is that fair play?

• Yes, it is.

You would've thought telemarketers were smarter than this. He isn't hiding the fact that this is a toll prefix. Don't they have a responsibility to look at the numbers they call? Brilliant...he should just put them on hold for a while. I think this guy is deviously geniue. Not all people/companies operate on the same ethical baseline.

• Yes, this is definitely fair play.

More power to this guy. If more people were to follow in his footsteps, telemarketers might think twice about harassing people. Everyone knows telemarketers are ruthless when it come to calling individuals. They call all times of the day and night and completely ignore your pleas to cease and desist.

• Sure, why not?

In the US, even the do not call registry makes little difference in the amount of annoying calls we receive. If paying to have a premium rate number winds up costing telemarketers and debt buyers more to call and annoy in, I don't blame the man. Very little works to stop them, and the calls are constant.

• That's a great idea!

Heck, if I could make money off of annoying telemarketers and other spam phone calls I sure would! That's an ingenious idea, and I think it's a great way to deter these ridiculous callers. There just doesn't seem to be any other good way to stop them from calling all the time.