• Tablets are better

I feel that tablets would help better the education of our children. If they had tablets they would not have the problem of left, or too heavy books. Everything that they need would be right on the tablet with easy access. Replacing the outdated textbooks for our kids is needed!

• Dont replace textbooks!!!!!!!!

I believe we shouldn't replace textbooks with tablets. I believe this because textbooks are way less expensive to buy and a lot less suspected to be stolen. I also believe this because if we spend that much money then the school won't have enough money to have upgrades. That is why we shouldn't replace textbooks with tablets.

• Dont replace textbooks!!!!!!!!

• Textbooks should stay

The other disadvantage of tablets is that students who use them tend to get too distracted, as opposed to those who use textbooks. This distraction comes from a number of areas including games, videos, emails and countless entertainment applications. This is why many digitally connected students tend to have short attention spansTablets have too many distractions for classroom use. Students may pay attention to apps, email, games, and websites instead of their teachers. 87% of K-12 teachers believe that "today’s digital technologies are creating an easily distracted generation with short attention spans." Four-fifths of students aged 8 - 18 multitask while using digital media. Tablets CAN hold more yes, but most students only need one set of textbooks, with schools usually provideing them at school, so there is really no point in bringing textbooks to school at all! One set of textbooks is usually 1-1.5 GB, so what would the leftovers be used for, especially for younger children, who have shorter Attention Spans.

• I prefer a textbook.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I prefer to learn from a book than a screen. It's difficult for my eyes to track a lot of words from a screen. I also find that I have a more difficult time retaining information from a screen. I can read and remember from paper no problem, but for some reason, the same information on an electronic device just doesn't stick.

• Textbooks are better

Because it can save money than tablets. Also if the school is asking us to pay for the tablet then what happens if the parents cant afford it? And if the tablets cost to much for the school or the parents then we wont be able to go to fieldtrips.

• Textbooks are better

• Tablets shouldnt replace text books

When youre using a tablet for 6hs the radiation strains your eyes. Its easier and faster to just to use a book then a tablet and not everyone knows how to use it. So maybe its heavy but if a tablet falls it will break and u will have to pay for it, but if a book falls nothing happens, books are way cheaper than tablets

• Textbooks r better

Textbooks doesnt waste any internet and it has less cost and the school can have more money and can pay for school upgrades. If we had tablets we wouldnt have any school upgrades and the school wouldnt be able to pay any of the teachers and that is why textbooks r better.

• Textbooks r better

• No, No, and NO!!!

Textbooks are so much better! For one student to have a tablet for a textbook it can cost $71.55, for ONE student. Tablets cost way to much money for one student. For printed textbooks, it can just cost $14.26. Printed textbooks. That is why I think we need printed textbooks.

• Why pay more for less

Textbooks:
    Bad:Heavy, paper, don't hold as much information, take up a lot of space.
    Good: made from renewable materials, near unbreakable+ easy/cheap to repair, allows for penmanship practice, cheap, durable, keep-able.
    Tablets:
    bad:easily breakable, expensive, hack able, need to charge, health issues, non-renuable materials and anti Eco friendly process of manufacturing.
    Good: hold more data, uses less paper, kids like them more, doesn't burn?(usually).

Thus my point is made

• Tablets are better

Text books wast paper with comes from trees which clean the earth and give oxygen for use to breath. Tablets help because they can hold way more than text books because tablets can have 64g which is about 72 textbooks. That is may statement on tablets vs textbooks. Tablets are better

• Tablets are better

Because more than 900,000,000 trees are being cut down a year and that makes our enviroment a worse place to stay and most would say that making tablet causes pollution but if we had a law against no polluting then we wouldent have cars,planes,and lots of things that has a motor.

• Textbooks are better

I see many people saying that tablets save environment instead of textbook because apparently it uses less paper. But did you know that in the process of making tablets, we are polluting the environment because tablets needs a lot of raw material compared to textbooks. Further than that, using tablets may cause a lot of health damage for example eye strain, nausea and even carpal tunnel. Compared to textbooks, the only health 'problems' is it being heavy which isn't a big issue because I'm pretty sure most school have lockers to keep their textbooks. Therefore this argument is really invalid. Besides that, using tablets are expensive. Even if you say that E-books are cheaper, the tablet itself cost a small fortune and it could break easily. Textbook on the other hand, are cheaper and whenever it falls down, I'm pretty sure it would not break. Plus textbooks could be re-use and would work longer. Tablets would break because it could be hacked, freeze or even infected by viruses. After all of that explanation, I'm sure that textbooks are better that tablets.

• Well tablets are better

I say this because people get tired of carrying around all those heavy text books and I'm one to say myself I have to carry around heavy text books every day because I'm a student, if we had tablets I wouldn't have to carry all of those heavy text books ...

• Tablets are a Faster means of Education but nothing truly changes

As everyone above me has stated already, tablets are lighter, faster sources of information, and can house many sources of information. My only personal concern is nothing will truly change. "Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose". Which means in English, "The more it changes, the more it is the same thing". All things humans do, are exactly what we were doing thousands of years ago. We just do them in different ways. Nothing truly changes! While textbooks, when first implemented in America, helped young students learn faster and better, the same will happen with tablets. After a while, however, I fear tablets will become old and use to like textbooks are now.

• Who is going to pay for it?

We spend to much as a nation already. We are sucking americans dry by high taxes and low wages. We cannot afford to by each student a tablet. Let me ask you this the pot head in the back would get a brand new tablet. The girl that has no papers would get a tablet. The rich kid who probably already has a IPAD would get another. Not a smart move. Also watch this
    https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=Fui_ntJ-emg

• Keep Textbooks in Classrooms!

“Ok Class get out your tablets now.” says your teacher. You groan. Nothing is the same here anymore! You sit on your chair daydreaming about the old days, where everybody is using the good old textbooks. As you glance around the classroom, almost everybody is wearing glasses, sticking their head in the screen, and constantly tapping. It is getting really annoying to you.
    “Hey! Hey!” The teacher waves her hand in front of your face. “Wake up!” You sit straight up. “Huh??” You say confused. You were playing a game on your computer and wasn’t listening to anything your teacher was saying. “Why weren’t you listening?” He hands you a slip. Detention. Great you think.

• Don"t fall for crap

Basically all the answers for tablets are correct and yes they do be less expensive in the long run and if someone is using a tablet and posting tablets shouldn't be aloud , well think if you were a kid and class was boring as usual well well two words never again when you have tablets you can find something faster and no more time going to a library 30 miles away you have everything on here so everyone think twice now.