The 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show just took place: Does this event objectify women?

• Yes, in my opinion.

Yes, I feel that the Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows do objectify women. I did not read about the event but I saw a group photo of the event. The men in the photo were fully clothed. The women in the photo were wearing tiny skimpy underwear. It felt very unbalanced and sexist. Even if the models are beautiful, and even if many women like the Victoria's Secret clothing, I can't help but feel that the fashion shows objectify women.

• Yes, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show objectifies women.

Yes, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show objectifies women and should be discontinued. This show sets a terrible example to girls and young women that being attractive will bring them success and being unattractive will bring them failure. We should move past these glorified beauty pageants and appreciate the sentiment that it's what is inside that counts.

• No, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show does not objectify women.

No, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show does not objectify women. It is a fashion show that happens to feature lingerie for women. The objectification comes from those who choose to view it with a different mindset. If a person is looking at the show in a sexual manner rather than fashion, they are objectifying women.

• No, I don`t think so.

For me these girls – all intelligent, industry-savvy adults – are not being objectified, because they have all chosen to go through the intense Victoria’s Secret audition process, with most of them admitting that being cast is a dream come true. And why wouldn’t it be? They get to wear amazing costumes on the most famous runway on the planet, which not only seems like insane fun, but also has the power to send their career (and earnings) skyrocketing. Nobody plucked the models from obscurity and pushed them down a runway in their underwear without their will .