The 5 Ks: Should Sikhs be allowed to carry their Kirpan onto planes?

• I don't know what to do with that one

On the one hand, it's a symbol of faith and a Sikh shouldn't be without it. On the other, it's a potentially dangerous weapon, and if it got into the wrong hands on a plane, it could have deadly consequences. The Kirpan is an embodiment of the struggle between good and evil and the fight to live a moral life, and is not intended as a weapon. I honestly don't know how sharp they are, and to that faith, they're not weapons. I don't know how to be fair to everyone in this situation.

• No, I don`t think so.

No Sikhs should not be allowed to carry their Kirpan onto planes, because in the end they are weapons that could hurt a lot of people. Ordinary Americans can't even bring a nail file or a clippers onto a plane, but certain groups of people want permission to bring swords? We should all live by the same standards.

• No, they should find another way to travel.

While it is understandable that all Sikhs must carry five holy artifacts on them at all times, there are certain rules for safety which must be followed. Alternately, Sikhs should not sacrifice their faith in order to get on a plane. If they are true Holy Men, it would be better to find another method of transportation to accommodate both sides.

• It is a safety issue.